Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Thirty-Two.

The rest of summer completely sucked. I was working for my grandfather, basically being his intern. Taking notes, getting him coffee and other shit. I was only seeing Randy once, maybe twice a week if I'm lucky. But now its the end of September, and as promised.. I'm working Smackdown house shows. I'm gonna be with Randy all the time now, I'm very excited about that. I'm pretty good at what I do too, I can't wait until I'm actually ready to be on the show.

As promised, dad is perfectly fine with my relationship with Randy. Of course, he still hates him. But he's no longer trying to stick his nose in our business or sabotage us. He doesn't even say anything when I'm at Randy's house most of the time when we're not working. But today is our day off and my dad wants us to come over.

"So, is Hunter gonna try killing me or what?" Randy asked as he went through his clothes, looking for something to wear

"I honestly have no idea what he wants. Maybe he's just making an effort?"

"Hunter? Making an effort? Yeah, right."

"He is my father, ya know. He might hate you but he loves me."

"Whatever. We'll just see what he wants."

I went through the closet and picked something out. I got ready pretty quickly and I was ready to go. I put on a light pink racerback, some ripped jeans, and a pair of boots.

"Ready?" I ask

"You look hot" Randy says, wrapping his arms around me. "Can't we just-"

"No. Maybe later"

We drove to the airport where the corporate jet was waiting for us. I was still curious about why dad wanted to talk to me. He didn't exactly want to talk to Randy, but he said to bring him along anyway. I don't know how this days gonna turn out. The plane ride was going to be about 2 hours, maybe less. I went into grandpa's mini fridge and got the bottle of wine out. He'd kill me if he knew I popped it open, he doesn't like anyone in his 'stash' but oh well. I got two glasses and poured us both a glass.

"I'm bored." Randy says

"Me too, what should we do?" I ask

"Well, there's only one thing to do on a plane... make that two." He smirked

"Is that all you ever think about?"

"Yeah. Well, that and wrestling. And you." He added at the end

"Yeah, I thought so." I laughed. "But the answer is no."

Randy looked shocked. "How the hell can you resist me?"

"I have amazing willpower."

"You have an amazing something else too.." Randy gave me another smirk and pulled me onto his lap

"Hehe. I-"

Before I could say anything Randy kissed me and pulled me closer. To sum it all up, he definitely got what he wanted on that plane. We soon arrived at my house and I used my key since I still do technically live here.

"Dad! Mom!" I yelled out, "I'm here!"

"Joanna!" Mom came out first and gave me a hug. "I really miss not having you around the house"

"I know, I miss you too."

My dad soon followed and gave me a hug also, then looked over at Randy. "Orton." He simply stated

"Hunter." Randy said back, acknowledging he said something

We went into the backyard where dad was making food, we too a seat and mom got us drinks.

"Alright, lets cut to the chase." I started. "Why am I here?"

"Don't worry, you're not in trouble." Dad said before taking his seat

"We just have something to tell you." Mom said

"Well then, spit it out." I said

"I also wanted to talk to Orton." Dad added before mom continued

She grabbed dads hand and looked at me, "I'm pregnant."

Now don't get me wrong, I was very happy that they were finally gonna have a baby together. As a matter of fact, I've been saying they should have a child for a few years now. But that's not exactly how the words came out of my mouth. "What do you mean?! Pregnant?!"

"Joanna," Mom frowned. "I thought you would be happy about this."

"You can't have a baby! He's old! People are gonna think its mine and you're raising the thing for me!" Then I had realized how insensitive I was being. This was supposed to be a very happy moment for the two of them. "That came out wrong, I'm sorry. I'm just a little shocked. Of course I'm happy for you guys."

Mom smiled, I could tell she felt better already.

"If anything, I'm a little sad this hasn't happened sooner. I always wanted a little brother or sister." I got up and gave mom a hug, and then my dad. "Still, you're too old to have a baby."

"That's not nice. I'm not that old. Shut up." Dad said, almost laughing. "Well, I wanna talk to Orton, you two go inside."

And with that, me and mom went inside. She had to make some food anyway. I got myself another drink and sat at the counter.

"I'm so excited you guys are finally having a baby." I told mom

"Me too, we're both excited. I'm glad you're happy about it."

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

"So, do you still live here?"

"Somewhat. I know I haven't been around much, but with the traveling and wrestling its just more convenient staying with Randy."

"I know it is. But we do miss you around here, so if you're still gonna live here, at least pop in to see us once in a while."

"I know, I've been meaning too. I'm sorry, I miss you guys too. I'll come to stay soon. I don't think I'm ready to fully move in with Randy yet."

"If you do and you guys get into a huge fight or whatever the case would be, you can always come back, ya know."

"You sure dad would be okay with that? And not say its my problem to teach me a lesson."

"Doubt it. If anything, he'd be delighted that you're fighting."

"HAHAHA. I guess you're right on that one."

We went back outside to eat and sat down. I don't know what the two of them talked about, but there was tension and you could cut it with a knife. I just wonder what could of been said to make them both so uneasy.

After we were done eat, I said bye to my parents and headed back to Missouri. Me and Randy didn't talk on the plane because I fell asleep. But when we got home, I was more than curious.

"What was that conversation about between you and my father?" I asked. "Neither of you looked very happy afterward."

"That's because your dad is a hypocrite and a stupid fuck who needs to mind his own business." Randy said, he was obviously still a little ticked off

"Ouch."

"Sorry." Randy said flatly. "But that's how I feel. I mean, who the hell is he to get into my business about how I act while I'm at work? He's not my boss, he's just his son in-law, which means he's nothing to me. He tried getting me fired before and it didn't work, what makes him think he has any pull now?"

"I'm lost." I was pretty confused

"And the man is the biggest hypocrite I've ever met. Who is he to talk about how I act and try judging me when he isn't liked very much either backstage because of his attitude."

Then I figured out what it was about. Dad was confronting Randy about how he acted when he's at work. So what if he isn't nice and cool with everyone? Not everyone loves each other in the company. Sure, he can be a huge asshole to some people and have a bit of an ego but that's not my fathers business. Randy is right though, my dad is basically the same way he is, and not a lot of people like him either.

"I'm sorry about him." I tell him

Randy looks over at me and smiles, pulling my legs on his lap. "Don't be sorry, this has nothing to do with you. Don't worry about it."

I can't help but say sorry for my fathers actions, he's my dad. Same with Randy when he's being an asshole. I wish there wasn't so much tension between them, I wish they at least tried to get along. Ugh.