Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Thirty-Seven.

I just ate a whole bowl of family sized Mac & Cheese, yes, I was really that hungry. But now I felt sick to my stomach and laid down. The past week and a half had been the same, I didn't want any visitors. I stayed to myself and just ate, slept, and stared at my wall. Randy, of course called a bunch of times, leaving me voicemails and texts. I did what I usually do: delete, delete, delete. Although, I was getting tempted to respond or at least check my voicemail, I did miss him, of course.

**Stephanie's POV**

I was cleaning up the dishes, while Paul was in his office on the computer. I wanted to do something for Joanna, take her shopping or anything. But she wanted to be alone, she's taking this break-up hard. I wish she'd just talk to me at least, I know I could help her if she'd just open up. The door bell rang, I turned the water off and dried my hands.

"I'll get it." I yelled to Paul as I headed to the door. I was surprised to see Randy standing there. He must have a lot of time on his hands these days, he was just suspended for 60 days. "Randy? What are you doing here?"

"I know its late, but Joanna won't talk to me. She won't return my calls, reply to my texts. I really need to see her. Please, Steph." Randy pleaded with me. I thought about it for a second.

"She's upstairs. But I'm telling you, if you leave and my daughter is in tears, you're gonna regret it."

**Joanna's POV**

There was a knock on my bedroom door, I sure as hell wasn't getting up to answer it. "Come in." I yelled loud enough for them to hear me. I wasn't exactly paying attention to who it was. But I caught a glimpse of Randy's arm.

"Hey." Was all he said

I sat up in bed and replied, "Hey."

"How are you?"

"Not so good, actually. Yourself?"

"Pretty shitty."

"Good."

Randy smirked a little and sat down on my bed. "I really need to talk to you. Can we please?"

"You did come all this way..."

"You have no idea."

"So, I heard you went and got yourself suspended" I started making conversation.

"60 days and mandatory anger management"

"What were you suspended for?"

"A handful of things. We can talk more about that later, I just want to talk about us."

"So there's an us now?"

"Joanna, I need you to come home with me."

"Randy, I'm not-"

"No, please. Just hear me out. If you really want nothing to do with me then, I swear I'll leave you alone for good."

"Fine, talk."

"I'm sorry. When you told me about the pregnancy, I freaked. I was scared."

"Don't you think I was scared too? I'm still scared!"

"I know, I know. When you told me, I swear I wasn't being selfish. I know how it sounded, and I didn't get the chance to explain because I was too busy screaming and upsetting you. But I'm explaining now, and its the honest truth."

"Go ahead" I was actually going to hear him out

"I know it doesn't seem like it, but I was thinking about you. I was thinking, if you have this baby its gonna stop you from doing everything you're doing now. You already quit your job, the one thing you've been working towards for two years. We can't be together all the time, you're gonna be the one taking care of the baby all the time, that isn't fair. What if you go into labor and I'm across the country, or even across the world? Don't think I'm giving you reasons to not have the baby, I'm not. I just wanna be there with you, to take care of him. If I miss my child being born, I'm not gonna forgive myself."

I smirked at him as tears rolled down my face, "I love how you automatically call our child a boy."

Randy smiled too, "That's what I'm aiming for, but a daughter would be nice too."

"So, you're saying you wanna keep this baby?"

"Of course I do, and I'm sorry I didn't express that to you before. I want you to have ten of my babies."

"I'm not having ten children" I laughed

"Fine, nine."

"Three, max."

"Deal."

"Deal."

"I love you, Joanna. I'm really sorry for all of this. Please, come home with me? I really need to work on myself, can't do it without you."

"We could just start over."

"Yeah. Go ahead, tell me you're pregnant."

I laughed but did as told, "Randy, I'm pregnant!" I cheered, but not too loudly

"Really! YAY!!" He threw his arms up and cheered. I laughed then he took me in his arms. "I'm really sorry, baby."

"I forgive you. But, if you ever hurt me again, I'll fucking kill you"

"Yes ma'am. Our son is gonna be awesome" Randy said as he lightly rubbed my arm

"I think you mean daughter."

"Would you like to place a bet?"

"As a matter of fact, I would."

"We can think about that on the drive home"

"Drive?" I asked, "Randy, you drove here?"

"I had a lot to think about, I figured a long drive would do me good."

"How long did it take?"

"16 hours or so"

"16 hours?!"

There was a light knock on my door, and then my dad barging in. Of course.

"I see you're in a good mood, have you made up?" Dad asked

"Yeah." I smiled

"That's great, Orton, get out."

"DAD!"

"Even If I liked him, which I don't, he's still a man in your bedroom."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, "Come on Randy, we're going home anyway."

We decide not to tell them about the pregnancy just yet. I just want Randy to get out of here in one piece. Dad is gonna kill him when he finds out, seriously. I'm not sure when to tell him, maybe when I at least start to show.

"We should tell him after your suspension," I suggest on the drive home

"Why so far away?" Randy asked

"Well, I figured I'll be with you the whole time, and when you get back to work and everything, I'll be showing. Less killing."

"Yeah, less killing for you!"

"Whatever, everything is gonna work out fine."

...and I believed that.