Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Six.

It was the beginning on November (November 3rd, 2003), we're in Cleveland, Ohio for another Raw. Its freezing here. Nothing too important has happened in my life the past few months. Had another boyfriend who was a loser, everything was fine until he was pressuring me so I dumped him. Now I just date guys from school whenever I'm home, I decided I'm gone with dad too much to be anybody's girlfriend.

I was searching the arena, looking for Randy. Dad told me to get him immediately because he had big news for him. I wonder what it is? Dad didn't tell me because he said I'd blab it out as soon as I see him. That's when I ran into Chase Adams, this guy stalks my life!

"hey sweetheart" he smiles

"don't call me sweetheart." I say, trying to walk past him but he stands in front of me. When Jeff left he told me to stay as far away from Chase as possible, I usually do a good job at that, but then there's times when he's just...there!

"looks like you're going to be seeing a lot of me soon, I might be called up to the main roster."

Oh goodie. I ignore him and walk away, luckily I run right into Randy so Chase doesn't say a word. "Randy! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"what's going on?" he asks

"we have to get to my dads dressing room, now!"

We walk away down the hall and enter my dads dressing room. I'm just waiting now to hear the big news. Don't tell me he's going to smackdown!?

"good news, kid" dad says to Randy. "you're booked to win the world title at Summerslam. All that hard work is paying off."

Summerslam is in august, it's November now, so Randy has a ways to go. Isn't Randy a bit too young to be world champ?

"But when summerslam comes, Randy will only be 24-" I say

"so that means-" Randy starts

"that's right...youngest world champ in history" dad finishes

Wow, that is really good news for Randy, I'm happy for him.

I sit in the crowd for Randy's Legend vs Legend Killer match with Bailey because I was practically forced to. While everybody else boo's, I cheer extra hard. He wins his match.

"I'm gonna go backstage" I tell Bailey

"okay, my dads out next. I'll be back there when he's done"

"Want me to wait with you?"

"No, go ahead."

"Okay."

I head backstage and start walking the halls, where I then again run into Chase. I ignore him and walk right past him, but he grabs me!

"hey! Let go!" I yell, "now!"

"and to think you were gonna walk past without saying hi" he says in my ear

What the hell? I struggle in his grip, trying to get away.

"Get off me you freak!" I yell loudly

"I might be the freak, but you're the tease" he puts his hand over my mouth and drags me into a room as I start to scream

"you enjoy it don't you? Walking around Here...with your tight shirts and your low cut jeans? Knowing exactly what it does to me!" he yells

He's way too close for comfort, he's up in my face, dead serious. I think he has real issues. I shake my head 'no' frantically. He let's go of me and walks to the other side of the room. Since I wasn't tied up, I make a break for the door.

He slams it shut and locks it as soon as I open it. Chase forcefully shoves me back into the wall, making me cry out in all sorts of pain. "I'm sorry I had to do that. I was trying to show you something, but you ran." he says calmly

He dumps a bunch of pictures on me as I lie on the ground. I take a good look at them and they're all of me, each and every one of them. He's obsessed with me. Chase grabs me by the neck, taking a picture and shoving it in my face.

"Can't you see, Joanna? I'm in love with you."

More tears roll down my face as I cry harder. He brings me to my feet and I kick him In the stomach, it isn't enough to get away...he retaliates by punching me in the mouth.

"let's play nice, baby" he says as he removed his shirt. My eyes widen as I know what he has planned

"no" I plead, trying to get away. But he has me pinned down, no matter what I try, he overpowers me. I even scream but nobody has come down this hall. "please, don't" I start to cry more

He rips my shirt and it's barely hanging off my body. I faintly hear two voices in the hallway, I recognize Randy's voice right away.

"RANDY!" I scream his name at the top of my lungs, hoping he hears me

"it's always Randy for you, isn't it? IT'S ALWAYS HIM!" chase says as he tries to get me to stay still. Not realizing I'm yelling for him because I can hear him

"RA-ANDY!" I scream again, my scream mixed with with sobs

Chase grabs a hand full of my hair and brings me close, "don't worry, I can be your Randy"

"Joanna?" I hear his voice getting close

"RAN-" I start to scream again but chase covers my mouth. I scream into his hand, not knowing what else to do.

I see the locked doorknob jiggle, "Joanna?"

"She's not in here." Chase answers calmly

I think quickly, biting down hard on his hand so he snatches it away, I sob through one more scream and the door is being kicked open.

Randy makes eye contact with me for a split second before throwing Chase off me. He throws him to the ground and starts punching him in the face over and over again.

I exit the room, only going as far as against the wall near the door and I slump down to the floor. I cross my arms over my chest trying to cover myself up.

"Joanna, oh my god" I look up to see Charlie Haas standing there, "I'm gonna get your dad"

I just nod my head slightly and he takes off. Randy finally comes out of the room, holds his hand out and pulls me up into a hug. I wrap my arms tightly around him and start to cry again

"it's okay, you're safe now" Randy whispers before resting his chin on my head.

"Joanna!" my father yells as he runs down the hall. "what happened?"

I don't say anything, I'm unable to speak. Dad walks into the room and I hear a loud bang, like a fist hitting the wall and I jump.

"Shh, it's okay. Here, take this" Randy says as he takes off his shirt and hands it to me

Dad comes out of the room and hugs me tight. "He didn't-?"

"No" I shake my head. "Randy got here before he could"

Dad just nods his head and examines my mouth. God, I probably have the biggest bruise there. "Randy, take Joanna to my dressing room. Stay with her, I'll take care of this."

Randy nods his head and gives me a look, we take off down the hall. When we get to my dads dressing room we both take a seat on the couch and I remain silent. I stopped crying but I just wanna burst out in tears again. He said I was a tease and it makes me feel like this whole thing is my fault.

"hey" Randy says, breaking the silence "you okay?"

"no." I answer truthfully

"you wanna talk about it?"

Randy pulls me close and puts my legs on his lap as he wraps an arm around me. I tell him every last detail from when he threw me against the wall and punched me in the face and even when he talked about Randy. His fists clenched up as I told him what happened

"this isn't your fault" Randy says. "you tried to ignore him. Just because you're beautiful and he can't handle it, doesn't mean it's your fault. It means he's a psycho"

My dad comes in. We deal with the police questions and statements and it's all a little exhausting, but they reassure me I will never see him again. And of course grandpa comes to make sure I'm okay along with Uncle Shawn and Bailey.

"I wish guys didn't like me" everybody looks at me like I have two heads but I'm serious. If I wasn't attractive, this wouldn't of happened. "I'm serious"

"I wish that also, but not for the same reasons" dad says and I give him a smile "but there's gonna be weird guys out there, and there's gonna be assholes who only want one thing, and you'll only meet about 3...maybe 5 good guys in your life. That's life"

I nod my head, taking on everything my dad said. Then a tech guy knocks

"hunter, Vince wants to know if you're still going on--you're up next"

"ummm...-"

"go ahead, dad. I'm fine"

Dad gives me a nod and a kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room with uncle Shawn. Leaving me, Bailey, and Randy in here.

"thank you" I whisper to him