Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Sixty-Two

We've finally set a wedding date. April 12th, 2009. I'm very excited now, it all seems so real. We have our wedding party. My bridesmaids are Kayla, Maryse, and Becky. Bailey is my maid of honor, of course. Cody, Adam, and Nathan are Randy's groomsmen. John, of course, is Randy's best man. Sarah is going to be the flower girl and we've decided not to have a ring barer. Grandpa agreed to pay for our whole wedding, as a wedding gift from him. We also get a week off from work for our honeymoon.

"Okay, you have to pick some guys to be ushers," I told Randy as we sat on the couch, going over things

"And what are those exactly?" He asked

"They're not as important as groomsmen. They help guests find their seats. Its good to have them since we're having a lot of guests,"

"Alright. What else is there? When do we get to do the fun stuff?"

I laughed at him, "Fun stuff? It's all fun!"

"I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm not picking out flowers or save the dates. Nothing girly,"

"Okay, okay. We get to pick the venue together. Cake tasting, wine tasting, deciding what food we're having and who's going to cater it. Picking the color scheme for the wedding is very important too,"

"Oh, that's easy. White," Randy said with a shrug

"No," I told him, "not just white Randy. Wedding's are more modern now and I'm having it my way,"

"Then-"

"NO! You can not get out of planning!"

"I tried," Randy said

"The best part is when we pick out our wedding bands!!" I said happily

"I promise, you can get whatever you want, no matter how much it costs,"

I smiled at him, "But you have to help pick them out too,"

He smirked at me, "I got an idea, don't you worry,"

Becky had Sarah for the day, so it was just me and Randy. It was good for us too, it's been two weeks and we've haven't seen each other much. I had Sarah on the road with me last week, this week Randy kept her home. It's a little hard for him to take care of her with a broken collarbone, but he's working on it. She's also the only one who he won't get frustrated with, even when he's miserable most of the time.

"We already knocked out the engagement party. Now we have the couples shower, rehearsal dinners. It's also suggested-which mean's we're doing it- to give our bridesmaids and groomsmen a gift,"

"Shouldn't we be getting the gifts?"

"Don't be selfish! It's to show our appreciation of them being in our wedding,"

"Okay, what about a bachelor party?"

"No."

"WHAT! Babe-"

"No."

I can say no all I want to, but if John wants to throw Randy a bachelor party, there's nothing I can do to stop it. It's only right, I guess. Like a right of passage? Every groom-to-be should have one. But no strippers!

"What about the honeymoon?"

I got even more excited, "Okay! I want you to pick, I wanna be surprised. You have four choices: Barcelona, Venice, Jamaica, or Maui!" Randy just smiled at me, "What?"

"Nothing," Randy laughed, "Okay, what tasks am I handling myself?"

"You're in charge of the tux fittings with your guys, keeping them in line as well. I'll probably oversee the fitting though," I laughed, "You can pick the DJ, handle the contracts, keep your mother away from me,"

"Sounds good, and we'll do most of the rest together. You and Bailey take care of the girly stuff,"

"Looks like we're on the same page, Randal," I gave him a kiss

"Call me Randal again and we're not getting married," he said

"Oh, how I love your empty threats," I laughed, "How's your collarbone?"

"It kinda hurts, but it's not horrible. I could really use some food though. I think my fiancee wants to make me lunch,"

"She will because she loves you," I said as I got up from the couch, "Run to the store for me?"

"Watcha need, babe?"

"Go to the store, get me every single bridal magazine you can find,"

"Yes, ma'am,"