Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Sixty-Seven

"You don't look happy about this," Randy said

"I told you, I'm completely fine with this," I said as I grabbed the baked Mac & Cheese out of the oven, "A little worried, but I'm okay. Its been five years since you've spent a Thanksgiving with your parents, I know it means a lot to you,"

"Okay," Randy smiled, "Don't worry, the rest of my family will like you,"

"We'll see,"

We're spending Thanksgiving with Randy's family. I was dead set against the idea at first for obvious reasons. But Randy always goes to my families dinners, so why can't I go to his? Plus, there's family I haven't met yet, some he hasn't seen in a while. None of them have met Sarah either, so I have to do this. I grabbed my bag and I grabbed Sarah while Randy grabbed the food.

"I draw the line at Christmas, though. Just Sarah, you, and me. Family can come over but we're not going anywhere," I tell Randy on the drive over to his aunts house

"That's perfectly fine with me," Randy said

"Okay, who's gonna be there?"

"Just aunts, uncles, cousins. My cousins will like you for sure,"

"Well, thanks good to know,"

We pull up at this house that had a couple cars parked outside. The house looks pretty nice on the outside, it's a nice size as well. We got out the car and Randy didn't even bother knocking on the door, we just walked right in.

"Aunt Jane! Where are you?" Randy yelled through the house. A girl came running in, way too young to be his Aunt, that's for sure.

"Randy!!" She yelled

"Hey!" He yelled while wrapping an arm around her, "I haven't seen you in a while

"I know! Last time I saw you, you were fat!"

I couldn't help but laugh a little, I tried not to but I couldn't help it. Those were Randy's pill addicted, steroid taking days. I told him he was fat!

"I was not fat!" he told her, "Anyway. This is my fiancee Joanna and our daughter Sarah,"

"It's nice to meet you," She told me, "I'm Kate, Randy's cousin"

"Nice to meet you, too,"

"She's beautiful, can I hold her?"

"Of course!" I smiled, handing Sarah over to Randy's cousin

"My mom's in the kitchen, you can drop the food off in there," Kate said

Randy nodded and grabbed my hand, "My parents aren't here yet so you can relax,"

We headed into the kitchen where some people were at. I met two of Randy's Aunt's, Jane and Lisa. His Uncles, Rob and Aaron. I haven't met the cousins yet, besides Kate, and Randy's parents aren't here yet.

"So, where's the baby?" Randy's aunt Jane asked

"Kate kind of stole her," I said

A boy walked into the room but walked right back out where Jane said, "Ryan, tell your sister to bring that child in here right now,"

I laughed as the two of them returned with Sarah, Randy's aunt's immediately took here and started to play with her, its pass the baby around day.

"These are my cousins, Ryan and Mike," Randy introduced us, "This is my fiancee, Joanna,"

"Looking for an upgrade?" The older one, Mike, asked. He's 17.

I started to laugh as Randy hit him in the back of the head, "I'm okay, thanks though," Ryan is 12, I think he's so cute. Kate, Ryan, and Mike are Jane's children. Lisa's kids haven't gotten here yet. This isn't so bad, I thought it would be a disaster.

"So, can I help with anything? I asked them

"Oh! Right, we have food to cook," Lisa laughed, "This precious girl distracted us,"

I smiled, "Sarah definitely has that effect on people,"

"Come on, Randy. Game's about to start," his uncle Aaron said as he grabbed the beer. All the guys headed into the living room to watch football, Randy took Sarah with him.

"So, in this house we make everything homemade. No boxed meals," Jane said

"In my house, too!" I smiled

"So you know how to cook? Great! You and Kate can start on the mashed potatoes," Jane told us

Me and Kate started with the potatoes as we all started talking, "So, how do you like Randy's family?" Lisa asked

"I love them. His dad is great, Nathan's cool. Becky is like my sister, she's actually one of my bridesmaids," I said

"What about Elaine?" Jane asked

"To be honest, I can't say if I like her or not. She doesn't like me so its hard to get to know her,"

"She doesn't hate you," Lisa says, "That's just her. It's jealously, really."

"Jealously?" I asked

"Randys her baby," Jane said, "He has you now. As much as she doesn't wanna admit it, she knows he doesn't need her anymore"

"Well, I'm sure-"

"Joanna," Lisa said, "Randy doesn't need her anymore. But its okay, she just has to get over it then move on to Nathan,"

I laughed, "I just hope she doesn't hate me forever,"

"She'll come around. We like you already, there's no reason why she shouldn't"

"Thanks,"

"So, how old are you?" Kate asked

"I'm 20," I told her

"Me too! Whens your birthday?"

"February 14th,"

"Mines the 16th! I like this girl," Kate said

"MOM! Are you in here?" Another girl walked into the kitchen, "Fucking shit,"

"Whats wrong?" Lisa asked

"That fucking bitch is getting on my last nerve. It was a horrible idea to to ride with them here," She said

"Language. Okay, I don't know why he brought her. You can ride home with me and your father,"

"Thank you,"

"This is Randy's fiancee, Joanna. Joanna, this is my daughter Mia," Lisa introduced us

"Nice to meet you," we said to each other

"My son and his girlfriend must be in the other room," Lisa said

"You better get in there, Lacey is a whore," Mia said

"Okay, okay. Why don't the two of you bring chips and dip into the guys?" Jane said

"And beer!" Kate suggested

We nodded and grabbed the stuff before walking into the living room. There was a skanky looking girl in there with all the guys, "You walked right past me!" Randy said to Mia

"Sorry," She told him, "Is this Sarah?" She asked as she took her off his lap

"That would be her. I see you met Mia already, that's my cousin Jason,"

"Nice to meet you," We said to each other, "This is my girlfriend Lacey,"

I saw her looking over at Randy, Mia was right. I gave Randy a kiss and a beer before all the girls returned to the kitchen, we even dragged Lacey along with us. We continued to cook, I sat Sarah up on the counter and gave her some roasted carrots to eat. Lacey didn't do much, she basically just stood there. She didn't seem very pleasant to be around to be honest

"There's my baby girl!" I heard Becky's voice behind me, I turned around and she was giving Sarah kisses, "Hey girl"

"Hey, whats goin on?" I asked as I gave her a hug

"I'm engaged" She smiled

"Really!?"

"Shh!" She said, "Don't tell Randy, at least wait til after dinner. He's gonna kill Adam,"

I laughed at her, "I thought he kind of liked him now,"

"Yeah, and he'll continue to like him until he finds out about our engagement,"

"Well, congratulations,"

It was finally time for dinner and we all sat around the table. Randy's mother said hi to me but that was really about it. Whatever. The rest of his family seems to like me a lot though, so that's good. I like them, too. They're all very nice. Randy almost lost his shit when he found out about Becky's engagement, but he's happy for her.

"So how'd you like my family?" Randy asked after we put Sarah to bed

"I liked them, they're great. Did you have a good day?" I asked as we laid down in bed, I sure was tired from the long day

"Yeah, it was a good day. You have a good time?"

"Yeah. I love your cousin, Kate. She's pretty cool,"

"Yeah, I figured the two of you would get along. She's like my sister. She's actually the first person I told about you,"

"Oh really? And when exactly did you tell her about me? Before we dated?"

Randy laughed, "You're always trying to trick me,"

"That's a yes." I laughed, "So, tell me. When, where, how,"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, or I'll ask her myself. She gave me her number"

Randy laughed, "Okay, I'll tell you. After that whole incident with that Chase douchebag, we started talking to each other more, remember?"

"Oh, how can I forget the Chase incident. Yeah, I remember."

"Well, I was at my aunts house one day while we were texting. Kate was there and I was talking to her. So, she was the first person I told,"

"Told her what?" I grinned

Randy started to laugh, "Ya know, I really really tried my hardest not to like you,"

"We both know how that turned out,"

"Yeah. Well, ya know I told her I was friends with someone who was her age. She automatically assumed I liked you and wouldn't shut up about it. But I told her I didn't,"

"Then...?"

"Then I told her I didn't like you in that way, I couldn't. But I said I liked you as a really close friend, someone I cared about and wanted to protect."

"Awww,"

"Then she told me I was gonna marry you. No lie."

I started to laugh, "Who knew! Just out of curiosity, when did you realize you liked me? We both already know when I started to like you,"

"Yeah," Randy laughed, "The moment you saw my face. You liked me before we were even introduced!"

"Funny! Now back to you,"

"Well...I always thought you were cute, fun to be around, sweet but kind of bitchy, but you were a great person. I saw you as a friend who I tried not to get close to," Randy laughed a little, "But that day, when I saw you in the room with douchebag. I wanted to seriously kill him and I thought I was going to. That's when I realized I cared about you, a little more than friends,"

"Awww, you're sweet. What in your right mind possessed you to kiss me that one day when you were at my house?"

"John, actually."

"John?"

"Yeah," Randy said, "He was all 'are you actually gonna wait two more years or are you gonna do something about it?' then he said if I wasn't gonna do something about it, then he'll make his own move,"

"Oh my god, he was joking, right?"

"Yeah, he only said that so I'd do something. At the time, I thought he was serious though,"

"Just think, if John wouldn't of did that...I could be dating-"

"Don't say his name,"

"Ted DiBiase," I laughed in his face

"Ya know what? Keep it up and on our wedding day, I'm replacing myself with him. How bout that one?"

"Wouldn't be so bad," I teased him

"I love you, too"

I climbed under the covers with him, "I'll never want anybody over you. We're getting a prenup, stating if you divorce me, you're getting your balls chopped off,"

Randy started to laugh, "You do know what a prenups for, right?"

"Yeah. In the event of divorce, we divided up property, saying who gets what or who gets nothing at all. Trust me, I get it."

"Oh, so you're saying if we divorce, you get my balls?"

"My property," I laughed

"My fiancee is fucking insane,"

"But you like that about me, right?"

"I love that about you,"