Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Seventy-Four

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of my phone going off on the nightstand beside me. I let out a groan before reaching over to answer it. My mother was calling.

"Hello?" I answered with a yawn.

"MOMMY!" I smiled at the sound of my little girls voice on the other end. We were currently in Connecticut for the show tonight. Randy and I arrived yesterday evening and got a hotel for the night. Sarah on the other hand, she wanted to stay with Rory so mom kept her overnight. Mom and Dad offered for us to stay too, but we wanted to be alone.

"Hi, baby! Did you just wake up?" I said in a cheerful voice.

"No." Sarah simply said. "Come eat, mommy! Please!"

"You wanna eat breakfast? Okay, mommy will be there soon. Can you give grandma the phone?"

"Yes!"

"I love you, sweetie. See you soon!" I said goodbye to Sarah before she gave mom the phone. I laughed as I heard the girls in the background, having a very interesting conversation about cookies. "Hey, mom."

"Morning Jo, Sarah wouldn't stop bugging me to call you. Did she wake you?"

"She did." I laughed. "That's alright, though. What's the plan for the day?"

"Your grandfather wants to have everyone over for breakfast this morning, you should have more than enough time to get ready. You wanna meet us there or drive over with us?"

"Um, I think we can meet you guys there. I'm gonna try to sleep a little longer before breakfast. Text me what time he wants us there?"

"No problem, Joanna. See you soon."

After ending the conversation with my mother, I toss my phone back on the stand and cuddled back up next to Randy. He planted a kiss on my forehead and wrapped an arm around me. "Who was that?"

"My mom. Vince wants us all over for breakfast." I said. "But we still have some time to sleep."

"Do I really have to attend every McMahon family function? It's bad enough I have to interact with them every Monday on Raw."

"Yes." I laughed. "You're apart of the family now, deal with it!"

"You're not even a McMahon anymore, you're an Orton." he grinned.

"I never was a McMahon." I corrected him.

Upon getting married, I of course, changed my name. I didn't wanna totally get rid of my fathers last name but I didn't like the way the hyphen looked between the two last names. I decided to drop my middle name altogether, kind of how Stephanie did when she married dad. I'm now known legally as: Joanna Levesque Orton. I like it, has a nice ring to it.

We laid in bed a while longer before I received a text from Mom, telling me what time breakfast was. We got ready to go, showering together to save time, well that was the complete opposite of what we did. I started getting dressed and doing my hair. I couldn't help but stare a little at Randy, who was standing at the sink shaving, with just a towel wrapped around his waist. Damn, my husband is hot.

"What are you staring at?" He sent a smirk my way

"You." I laughed. "You're pretty sexy."

Randy laughed as he wiped the excess water from his face and walked back into the bedroom. "I know, baby."

"Shut up and put some clothes on!" I yelled as Randy came behind me and wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on the top of my head. "I really hate when you do that!

Randy stared at the two of us in the mirror. "Why?"

"It makes me feel like a midget." I laughed. "Now go get some clothes on!"

When Randy and I were finally ready, we got in our rental car and headed over to Vince's house. We walked through the house to find everyone sitting outside on the deck. Sarah's face lit up when she saw Randy through the sliding doors, typical daddy's girl. "Daddy!!"

"Hey, princess!" Randy said as he scooped her up and gave her a kiss. "Were you bad for your grandfather?"

"No!" Sarah laughed, I leaned over to hug and kiss her. "I was good, daddy!"

"Damn." Randy laughed as we took a seat at the table with everyone else. Vince has a chef cook all the meals in the house, breakfast included. There was every type of breakfast food you could think of laid out on the table in front of us.

"Watch it, Orton. I was gonna take it easy on you tonight, but I just changed my mind." Dad said

"Oh, you don't scare me Hunter." Randy said back as he put food on Sarah's plate.

Tonight is the Backlash Pay-Per-View in Rhode Island. It's only about two hours away so we won't be arriving until later. Once again, Randy is fighting my dad, shocker there. The week we returned to work after our honeymoon, Vince made up this script on the spot about Randy and I eloping in Las Vegas. I was totally against the idea but I know I'll always lose to Vince. He said it would add fuel to the fire, but knowing my dad and Randy, they don't need any more fuel.

"Please tell me this feud is over tonight." I said. "I'm so sick of it."

"Are you crazy?" Vince said. "This is pure gold, ratings haven't been this high since the evolution days! I don't know what it is about the two of you, but everytime you're together, its pure magic!"

"I don't like the way that sounded." Dad said while Randy shook his head in disgust, fake gagging himself. "Anyway, I'm taking six weeks off after tonight to spend time with your sisters and Steph."

"But that doesn't mean the feud is over!" Vince cut in. "As soon as Paul gets back to work, the feud is back on!"

"You need to come up with new material." I said

"How's this for new material, Joanna? Randy Orton's new love interest-- Kelly Kelly." Vince shot back with a sly smirk on his face.

"You can't do that!"

"I can do whatever I want, it's my company."

"You really had to marry into this family, didn't you dad? Could of been any family but this one!" I said, looking at my father. "That man is crazy!"