A World of Fiction

It's Dark.

Nights come and they come hard. And everything’s so hard and everything’s so dark. And you’re clawing, clawing, clawing your way to the surface. But it’s never there, you’ll never reach it. Held underwater for always, forever, no breath, no breathing. You’re not breathing. You’re not breathing. You’re underwater and you’re not breathing.

And then you’re breathing, you’re breathing. And you’re staring at the face of a person who isn’t there, he’s not there. But he talks to you, he talks, talks, talks. Says everything you want him to say. But the words aren’t coming from his mouth, they’re coming from yours. Talking to yourself. Talking, talking.

And there’s more and there’s him and it’s all these pretty little happy worlds that you’ve made up in your head. And you’re talking to yourself as him. Talking, talking.

Only this time it’s not helping. Not helping at all.

And you’re forced back underwater and you’re thinking of every way out, there’s got to be a way out, got to be a way out. There’s a pill bottle, a pill bottle in your bag. There’s a bottle of Tylenol. And your mom told you once that Tylenol would kill you. Not Ibuprofen, but Tylenol. And there’s Tylenol in your bag.

But, no no no. You can’t, you can’t. It’s in your bag and you can’t. And your arm, your arm is bleeding again. It’s bleeding again. And you’re crying again, underwater, can’t breathe. And he’s talking, your talking, everyone’s talking.

And her face, her face, her face. It’s in front of your eyes, it’s floating there and it won’t go away, never goes away. And it’s always there and there’s memories. Memories and floating and underwater and your arm’s bleeding again, it’s bleeding.

Then dark.