Lovers Love, Liars Lie.

You were never with me.

As soon as my body touched the mattress of my bunk, I felt asleep.
People always think my job is awesome and never stressing, but they are wrong. Everyday I feel very tired, and even if I do something I love, mental pressure and physical stress are at the order of the day.
The next destination was Forth Worth, still in Texas, not really far from Austin.
When I woke up the bus was still in some parking lot, and it wasn’t even morning. I heard someone snoring and I was sure it was Gary. Then I heard someone opening the door of the bus, going off. Curious as I was, I got off my bunk and followed whoever it was out in the dark. That’s when I saw her standing with a cigarette in her hand and a blanket on her shoulders. I sighed and thought she was a very weird girl.

“It’s dangerous to be out here all alone” I said, making her laugh.

“Yes, because there are a lot of people around here” she replied looking around.
Actually she was right: we were the only people in that place, and the only two awake.

“I just wanted to be nice”

“You are, Garrett, probably too much” I didn’t understand where she was going with that sentence “girls don’t like guys who are too kind, you know that?”

I shrugged my shoulders “What can I say”

“Seriously” she looked at me and I felt like under arrest “What do you want from me?”

She took me by surprise; I didn’t know how to reply. I didn’t want anything from her actually. I was just very interested in her because she was mysterious and fascinating.

“What do you mean? I don’t want anything from you. I’m just trying to be…”

She interrupted me “nice, I know, you always tell me, but I won’t buy it Garrett. I see the way you all look at me; I’m not stupid or blind. I see how your friend John looks at my breast, it’s not like I was born yesterday. I’m not 5 years old. I know how you band guys act”

“And tell me, how do we act?” at that point I started to become defensive.

“Like everyone wants to fuck you because you’re famous. I never thought of fucking anyone of you, just so you know. I’m just doing a favor to my cousin Vito, but even if I’m the only girl in here it doesn’t give you the right to think I’m a band slut”

“I never thought you were”

“Well ask John about it. I heard his conversations with Kennedy. Let me see, what did he say? Oh yeah, he would fuck me senseless until I don’t start singing Inside Of You” I was shocked and disappointed by my friend’s behavior, but I knew John and he was just acting like a jerk. He didn’t mean what he said, not literally.
That was just a guys’ conversation, she wasn’t supposed to listen.

“I didn’t know anything about it Cooper, I’m sorry if he offended you in any way”

“That’s not the point Garrett. I’m just saying you need to stop being nice just because you want to have sex with me. I’m not going to do it, ok?”

“Why would I ever do it?”

“Because you guys are just the same. You promise the world, you act like you’re really into someone and then when you have what you want, you disappear and act like nothing happened”

“Listen” I started to say, kind of angry “you girls need to stop generalize. I’m not even close to that. I never tried to get in some girl’s pants just to spend some time having fun. I never left anyone in an empty bed. I only had one girlfriend for years. You are so full of yourself that you think anyone around here wants to fuck you, but actually I just wanted to talk and get to know you better because you seem a cool person. John could be an asshole and I reckon, he said the rudest thing ever about you, but he was just kidding. Guys talk about sex and girls all the time, but not me. I’m not what you think. So stop thinking you know me when you clearly don’t”

She looked a little hurt by the way and the tone I replied with, but I always hated when people talked about me without even knowing me. I never used my inexistent charm to get a girl, and then to leave her the day after. Never did and never will.

“If you don’t like to work with us, no one forces you to stay. But when you accepted Vito’s offer you should have known what you were about to go through. We are guys and it’s kinda obvious we act like jerks sometimes. You can think whatever you want about me and my mates, but still, you wouldn’t be right. We could act like idiots sometimes, but we are good people. And I’m not like you pictured. So, stay or go back home, it’s your choice”

I made my way back to the bus but she called me back.

“I’m sorry” she said not being able to look into my eyes.

“You better be”

“I don’t want you to get angry at me”

“Well, too late. I’m sorry but I need to sleep right now” I opened the door and got on the bus. I was furious.

I got back into my bunk and tried to sleep but I was very nervous about what happened. I got a complete different sight on what I thought Cooper was, and if she kept thinking I was like she pictured, then I was very disappointed in her.
I never thought of her in that way, maybe I could have imagined something but I never talked to her with a second aim. I clearly liked her, but everyone else on that bus did.
She was a beautiful girl and we are not blind, but still, I just wanted to know her and talk to her because she looked like a nice girl. I really was wrong, then.

“Garrett fucking wake up, you’re always the last”

“Pat you’re really annoying every fucking morning”

“Come on, it’s past 11 am”

I stepped out the bunk again and made my way out, still in my blue boxers and an old Back To The Future t-shirt. I felt a massive headache coming but I couldn’t complain.
We had a show to do; I went back on the bus and got dressed, trying not to step into Cooper. I really didn’t want to deal with her again, I just wanted to play and keep my mind busy. It’s weird how people can disappoint you so fast and easily sometimes.
I clearly lack of judgment when it comes to a good looking girl.

I walked fast into the venue, where everyone was on stage. I got up as well and as soon as I took my bass to play something, John approached me.

“Hey mate, can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure”

“Do you know why Cooper is acting weird today? She barely talks to anyone”

Oh, yes, I knew why. “Maybe she has a sore throat”

“Nah, girls talk anyway. She seems sad or something”

“Go ask her. Why do you ask me?”

“I figured you knew something about it”

“I wonder why”

“I don’t know, I just thought you knew, that’s all”

“John I don’t know anything about it ok?” I said very nervous “If you want to know why she’s acting like a complete bitch, go ask her”

“Ok man, chill down! I was just saying! Jeez you’re all in your PMS today”

He walked away, and I puffed. I looked around and there I saw her, working and going back and forth from and to the bus to get our merchandise, not asking anyone for help.
I really didn’t know how it was possible for her to be so bitchy. I never met someone as confident, I mean she thought everyone wanted to fuck her, and it could be true but it wasn’t my idea. At least that was not the first thing that popped into my mind when I looked at her. She misunderstood my attentions, like every other girl does.
That was something I never understood about girls, and that’s why I just had one girlfriend.
With Rachel everything was different, I knew I liked her and what I wanted from her, and I got it. That was the first I made my way to a girl and if every girl was like Cooper, than it would have been also the last.

We had lunch in a fast food near the venue, and then we chilled and met a few fans who were waiting outside since that morning. The more I stayed far from anywhere Copper was, the better I felt. That night I played in a very powerful way, like I was slapping my bass instead of playing it. I needed to calm down. After the meet and greet with all fans, thing we did every day after the show, I got on the bus and waited for everyone to come back so we would have left for our third destination of the tour.
A door opened and I thought it was Jared or Pat, or better say I hope it was them.

“Guys, look what I found under John’s mattress” I turned around to see Cooper standing there and waiting for me to say something. “What do you want?”

She shrugged her shoulders “to talk”

“Well I’m here to listen” I said sitting on one of the couches we had on the bus “I’m all ears”.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this chapter, probably because everything changed.
Now Garrett is pretty angry at Cooper and she needs to make him forgive her.
What will happen next?
I love Garrett in this story, I'm glad of how this story is coming out.
What do you think?

Comment and subscribe! Come on! Show Gary some love :)

Thanks anyway to who commented in the last chapter.
I really appreciate you like my work.

Danielle
xxx