Insanity At It's Best: *** Me Softly

Bennie

A man in his late twenties steps forward in line. His face shows age, yet there is curiosity left him his brown eyes. He scratches his dark hair in confusion as he looks up at our menu. His fingers tap on the counter and he tries to decide. I stand forcing a smile. I really want to strangle him. His eyes roam the board, softly humming to himself. He takes out his wallet and pulls on a credit card.

He asks for a simple coffee, something that he could have made at home. I sigh when he hands me his credit card.

"Do you have a ID I can compare this to?" I question. He groans and takes his ID out. Yes, he's twenty-eight, and actually lives down the street. I match the names and hand it back to him. George walks away with his coffee, slowly slurping the black bitterness.

Image


Bennie eases himself in the booth. He pulls the rubber band out of his long brown hair, releasing it to sit on his shoulders. Since our shifts were over we no longer had to follow the strict dress code of the coffee shop. A few of the Regulars still sat on their laptops typing away. I don't understand how people can do that; sit there all day and do nothing but sip on shitty coffee and type.

I feel a gentle push from beside me. It's Bennie taking me away from my thoughts. He pushed the try of leftover sandwiches towards me. It was the only perk to working here, we got the sandwiches no one ate. I choose a ham and cheese.

"What was with that customer today, Astra?" Bennie probes. He takes a mouthful of his sandwich and chews loudly.

I shrug, there was something about that age group of men that made me wild. Instantly the pocket knife in my jeans feels heavier. I tilt my head, causing my neck to crack softly in reply. I can feel the urge coming on. It was something I could not resist. I grip the table, trying to ignore it before I make a fool out of myself.

Bennie looks down at me, a sly smile plays on his olive face. "What, you gotta pee?" Even Bennie notices my squirming. I nod; his hands guide my body over him. I ignore the numbness that went up my spine and race towards the bathroom. This feeling came at least twice a month.

The feeling almost hurt, like when someones foot or arm feel asleep. That pins and needles feelings was throughout my body. I had a rush of ecstasy every time I thought of curving the pain. I called it the Killer Urge, only because what it takes to make it die down. I grip the sink as my legs start to wiggle from under me. I'm not one of those people who crave it with dirty blood like Dexter Morgan. I don't give two shits who I kill to make this end. Something about black haired, late twenty year old men made me go crazy. No one knows this, not even my best friend, Bennie. He was oblivious to the whole situation.

I moan under my breath as I think of ending that stranger; George's life. It thrills me, it was better than sex. I wash my hands, trying to calm myself before I came out. The cold liquid did nothing; I splash it on my face and stare in the mirror. All I need is a slutty dress and it's in the bag. Combing my fingers through my long hair I exit.

Bennie is laid out on the bench, still snacking on the sandwiches. He grins and points to the other side. I sit, just to count the grains of salt in the salt shaker. Bennie is use to me being silent, he says that's my best character trait. As he watches the TV screen that is behind me, I dump out some of the salt in my hand to lick.

One, two, three, four, five...

My lips curl up, each grain zapping my tongue as it touches. Bennie stops me before I can lick my whole hand. He motions to the screen so I turn around. It's the news; making a live broadcast in front of an apartment complex. The Night Stalker, as they call him, just hit another victim. A young woman this time, raped, murdered, and robbed. Usually it's men, but I guess he got tired of fighting them off so much. That wasn't me, it was just a random scumbag that terrorizes the neighborhood. No one is on to me yet, if I get sloppy it's blamed on him.

"That's across from where I live," Bennie confesses. His eyes held true fear, it made me want to laugh. No one would ever touch Bennie, I make sure of that. He's been the target of the Night Stalker twice already. I stopped him each time with a punch to the gut. I won't kill him, he's entertaining. Bennie is safe while I'm around. However ironic that is.

I rest my chin on my fist. "You want me to walk you home?" I ask. Bennie rolls his eyes, but I knew he was going to say yes. I might live the opposite way but he knows I'll take care of myself.

Bennie nods, "please ma'am."

Grinning, I felt the tingle through me again. Tonight would be perfect to find George and ease the Killer Urge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feed the comment monster something sweet :3

Yeah the Killer Urge sounds stupid, but I think it's funny. Like, I got a Killer Urge to consume pizza.