Insanity At It's Best: *** Me Softly

Lars

Bennie leans on the front door frame. "Walk me home again?" he asks, Bennie gives me a smile.

It's been a week now he has asked me to take him home. Even since he heard of George disappearing he has been even more panicked. Somewhere inside me I know Bennie just wants company. That doesn't really bother me.

I lean in correspondence. "I'm going to have to start charging you for this, Bennie." He just smiles in return, opening his arm out. I take it after locking up the store. His apartment complex is just a few blocks down the street.

"I'll buy you Chinese takeout," Bennie promises me. The weather seems to have gotten worse. The snow plows into me violently, Bennie can only try to shield me with his coat. I push him away playfully. I do not like to be taken care of. Bennie and I stop at the restaurant, ordering a meal fit for a family. It was a bad habit we have.

His apartment was lit up with Christmas lights. I roll my eyes; tugging the bags along. When we get to his door Bennie notices that door isn't locked. Knowing Bennie that is impossible. He is extremely careful.

Instantly Bennie puts his arm out, stopping me. "Stay here. I'm going to check it out," he sets the bags down and continues in. I watch, keeping my eyes on him the whole time. Bennie's apartment isn't that big, just two bedrooms. Ignoring his order I pick up the bags and venture in. Who ever it is must be stupid to mess with Bennie. He can be just a crazy as me.

Bennie grabs a baseball bat. I set the bags down, just watching. It was rather interesting to see him like this. Bennie turns away, glaring at me. "I told you to stay, " he points out.

"Woof."

A figure steps out, his arms up. "Bennie it's me!" he shouts. By that time I was right behind Bennie. He steps back, as if he was trying to cover me. Bennie halts. The bat is thrown down, Bennie curses loudly.

"Goddamnit, Lars. I fuckin' thought it was a prowler or somethin'." Bennie flicks the living room lights on, exposing this "Lars". Angrily I shove him, stepping out to see the stranger. Lars didn't look threatening, he looks like Bennie. Only with black hair and older.

I gulp loudly, the Killer Urge pulses through me. Mother fucker.

Lars' eyes narrow to me. He smiles in a very creepy way. "Now who's this? Your girlfriend?" I push past both boys with the bags, throwing them on Bennie's table. Bennie rolls his eyes.

"This is my friend and co-worker, Astra." Lars waves. I flick him the bird.

The Urge was so strong now; I cannot have any relationship with this man. I can't hurt Bennie like that. I adore Bennie. He's a real friend. Bennie introduces Lars as his older brother. I can tell by his tone it was an older brother he wasn't fond of.

I take out the noddles I ordered and sit myself down on Bennie's couch. There was no reason on going hungry. I'm trying everything to get my mind off it. Bennie follows behind; he sits up close to me. I shiver from the chill of the Urge. It's so difficult to deal with this.

"Lars why are you here?" Bennie asks, covering me up. I roll my eyes but allow him.

Lars sat across from us. "I thought I'll visit my baby brother. But I should have called first, I didn't know you had such good...company." Lars licks his lips slightly.

Fucking pig.

"You should have!" I ignored their argument, counting the noddles as I ate them. Each time Lars said my name a chill went up my spine. I didn't know if it was a good kind or a bad kind. Regardless, Bennie just might lose his older brother. It's not like he is going to miss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
No silent readers!