Insanity At It's Best: *** Me Softly

Blond

"Call everyone you know. I mean it. Party at my place," I hold the silver phone to my ear. Bennie is friends with a lot of people who know how to fun. Plenty of idiots too. This is the only thing I can think of at the moment. Lars made my blood burn with desire. It was like breathing; I have to do it. Nothing can curve this but him.

I take my new journal out, reading what I wrote last night.

Bennie told me how much Lars tortured him. Lars would hold Bennie down; sticking strange objects in his brother's ears. That's how Bennie became deft in one ear. Lars is a monster; like me. Bennie needs him out of his life. I'm going to do that for him.

It made me feel a little better about Bennie. He was speaking on the other side of the phone the whole time. Even though he couldn't hear in one ear his mouth took up for it.

"Yes, Bennie. Call everyone. I'm going to get this place ready. You come early, you know the code." I hang up before he can protest. Tonight is the night Lars will die.

Image


Hours later I find myself sitting on the bottom steps of the stairs. The party is full blast now. It hurts my ears to listen to the music and talking. Few people even notice me as the host,; I'm invisible. Bennie and Lars went their own ways a while ago. Now I'm all by myself. The pool in the backyard is most popular right now, causing the most noise. My head pulses in pain. The Urge was really getting to me now.

Lars almost lost his jaw when he saw where I live. Bennie still gets wide eyed when he comes over. This is why I hate this house. It changes people.

The house's bottom level was almost full now. Bennie called about everyone he has met in his life. I'm hoping this is enough of a distraction to get the deed done; then blame it on the Night Stalker. It's a horrible plan, but that's why I'm waiting for after the party, when everyone is drunk and high.

I wear my sluttiest dress and the tallest high heels I could find. This would make Lars do anything. Bennie hated my outfit when I showed him earlier. Now he's too drunk to even acknowledge I'm wearing clothes.

I walk through the crowd, looking for Lars. I had slipped him a bit of sleeping pills in his water. Only because he told me he was a recovering alcoholic. Which was a bit of a bummer. That is what I planned on, him getting drunk. Now I have to bet on him falling asleep. I find Bennie; he is lounging on a couch. His arms are around two girls. I grin at him; Bennie blew me a kiss. Walking past him I continue looking for Lars.

A few men bump into me, trying to start conversations. It just makes me angrier. I have better things to do. When I'm about to yell at one guy a girl starts screaming.

"THERE IS SOMEONE DEAD IN THE BATHTUB!" a petite blond shrieks. Everyone gathers around the downstairs bathroom. They push and shove at one another. Hoping to get a good look at a dead guy. It takes my elbow and a few good kicks to even get past them.

A man lays in the tub; no signs of life. It's Lars.
♠ ♠ ♠
NO SILENT READERS


Point out any mistakes