Insanity At It's Best: *** Me Softly

Officer Jenks and Ronald

I fiddle with my jacket, trying not to listen to the conversation. It's been a month since Lars died. His body rotted in the bushes for three and a half weeks. Neighbors found him Wednesday. I can't say I was too broken up, neither can Bennie. I look over at him. His head is in his hands, thinking.

Sure, Bennie loved his older brother. It didn't mean he liked the pig. The police officers have been interviewing us for the past three days. They think someone Lars knew did it. Even through Bennie had an alibi that checks out; the police officers still question him. They haven't really bothered with me. An upper middle class woman that stands five foot six couldn't have possibly done it.

I'm just here for moral support.

Officer Ronald sips his coffee. His partner, Officer Jenks, has his leg up next to me. Been trying to catch a glimpse down my shirt for an hour now. I cross my legs, being all lady-like in this bitchin' dress. "I swear to y'all, Bennie does not know anything about his brother. Now please let us morn peacefully." Bennie weakly smiles to me.

Officer Jenks steps down and sits next to me. "Well young lady, we are just coverin' the bases hur. We gots a dead man that was founded in the bushes next door. Yer boyfriend didn't hear a thing." Bennie angrily slams his fist on the chair.

Quickly I stick my breasts out, lightly touching Officer Jenk's arm. "He wasn't here, Officer. We were at the coffee shop. There was no way he could hear anything. You fine young men should look for that Night Stalker guy." Like they can even find their own assholes "Did you not say he fit the description of Night Stalker's victims?"

It was impossible to find that guy. He leaves nothing behind. That's why it's the perfect murder. The police officers agree, both nodding their heads. Officer Ronald's focus suddenly turns to me. Shit.

"Where were you? There was a witness that stated you came from this building." The officer took out his pen and pad. Officer Jenks lightly places his hand on my leg when I didn't answer. Bennie looks up from his hands and stares at me. Their eyes burn into me. Bennie presses his lips together, a glimmer in his eye. I bite my lip.

Flipping my hair, I twist my overly priced ring. "I was waiting for Bennie. We were supposed to be meet up. I had lost my cell phone at a clothing store." I look at Bennie, hoping he won't expose my lie. He just shakes his head. I did meet him right after I got rid of Lars. I really hope he doesn't get upset.

Both police officers start flying questions. "Did you hear anything?" "Did you see anything?" Each one deserves a huge lie. Then the big one came.

"Did you kill him? Word on the street is he was slipped something at your party." Officer Ronald crosses his arms and stares at me. I stretch my lips across my face, in a large smile.

Officer Jenks stares too. All their eyes narrow on me. "Believe me, if I started murdering people... there'd be none of you left."

All three of them; Officers Ronald, Officer Jenks, and Bennie, laugh in response. Immediately I see the accusation wipe from the officers faces. Assholes.
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END


Thank you so much Rose Lullaby, you are amazing for everything you have done. This story is in dedication to you.