Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Damon Salvatore.

I'm Savannah Cunningham, me and my best friend, Elena Gilbert, are on our way to school. But first we're making a tiny detour.

"So, explain this one to me" I say

"What?" Elena smiles

"One of the hottest guys I've seen in forever shows up and he's your boyfriend, in what...two days?"

We have this new guy in school, Stefan Salvatore, he's the tall, dark, handsome, broody, mysterious type. All the girls at school can't get enough of him, and he seems to have eyes for Elena.

"Stefan is not my boyfriend. We're--Its complicated," she explains

"I bet. And why am I picking your boyfriend up?"

"Because you love me, and in due time you will love Stefan too"

"Fine."

I pull into the Salvatore driveway and wow this place is nice. Nicer than my house and my house is beautiful.

"Salvatore mansion, I like. Stefan's a keeper" I laugh as we both get out of the car

"It isn't very serious, I still don't know much about him, hes a mystery." Elena says

We walk up to the door and Elena knocks. When the door opens we're not greeted by Stefan, but by another young man. This guy only looks 20x better than Stefan, he's gorgeous and he knows it, he has a cocky smirk on his face.

"Elena!" He grins, "And you brought a friend"

"Ugh." She sighs, "Just let me in, where's Stefan?"

"He's still upstairs"

This guy lets us inside and shuts the door behind us, the Salvatore Mansion is even more beautiful on the inside.

"Well since you won't introduce us, I guess I will." He says, turning his attention to me. "Damon Salvatore" He takes my hand and kisses it.

"I'm Savannah" I smile

"Damon, leave Savannah alone." Stefan says as he enters the room. In one swift motion, he walks in between us and the three of us are out the door.

"So, is Damon your brother?" I ask Stefan, who is sitting in the back

"Yes, and wipe that smile off your face. He's bad news" Stefan says

"How bad?" I grinned

"You don't wanna know him"

"This true, Elena?"

"Yes, stay away from him!" Elena warns

A long day of school passes, Mr. Tanner's class is the worse, he makes us feel like idiots, but today Stefan totally put him in his place, it was great. We have cheerleading practice after school, which is always my favorite part of the day.

"So, do you have a date to the Founders Party?" Caroline asks

"Nope, Tyler was supposed to take me, but now he has Vicki Donovan." I say

"Me neither. Vicki Donovan, Tyler can't take her home to his mommy"

"That's what I said, but whatever, it's his loss"

"You can do so much better than Tyler. How about Matt?"

"Elena's ex? No thanks"

"Why not? You're much prettier than Elena"

"Caroline, no."

I love Caroline, but sometimes she needs to shut up. She thinks life is a competition and she's always competing with Elena. After practice, I head home, I see my sister Rachel, but not my brother.

"Where's Justin?" I ask

"With Dad." Rachel responds

My parents are divorced, we live with our mom. Justin is usually with dad, mom works late so we're on our own a lot.

"I'm hungry, wanna go to the grill?" I ask

"Yeah, sure" Rachel says

"Okay, let me freshen up and get changed"

I head upstairs to my room to get changed. It tends to get cold towards the evening so I keep it simple, getting changed into a pair of blue jeans, a long sleeved black tee and a pink scarf.

"Come on Rachel" I say

"Alright"

While at Mystic Grill, we talk about everything from guys, family, shopping, the founders party, skanks, and even Elena's new man. Then Damon walks over to our table, I see Rachel perk up a bit--even she likes him.

"Savannah" He grins

"Hey Damon" I smile

"I couldn't help but overhear that you didn't have a date to the founders party"

"Sad, but true."

"Well, neither do I. We should go together"

"Rachel, go get me a coffee or something" I say, throwing some cash at her

"Its not like I'm 8" She rolls her eyes but gets up anyway

"Stefan and Elena insist that your bad news" I say, turning my attention back to Damon

"I'm not surprised" Damon says

"Stefan told me to stay away from you"

"Oh, but I'm so much fun. Why take their word for it?"

He's irresistible. "So, its a date."

Elena's gonna kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most of the story is over a year old, especially a lot of the earlier chapters. I personally don't like the beginning, but my readers on quizilla seemed to. Enjoy!