Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Atlanta.

"Atlanta?!" I question

"That's right"

"When will we be back?"

"I'm guessing tomorrow morning?"

"Damon, My mother is gonna-"

"Who cares" He looks over at me. "We'll have fun"

He's right, we'll have fun. Besides, I've done things that are worse than this, I mean...totally unforgivable. Mostly things my parents don't know about but its all the same in the end, right?

"So, how long will this take?"

"Hmm..few hours. Well worth it though, you'll have a blast." He smiles an actual smile

"Of course, I'll be with you." I throw a smile his way

I turn on the radio and start messing with it, looking for any song I might know. What, do you know, Taylor Swift!

"Lord help me." Damon says

"Too bad, I'm not turning it off."

"Then I will" He goes to touch the radio

"Do it and I'll bite you."

"Oh, I'll bite you back." He grins at me

The look on his face distracts me and the song is soon off. I keep true to my word and I bite his arm, of course it doesn't hurt him. He laughs and leans over, close to my neck.

"Damon! Don't you dare!" I warn "And watch the road!"

Instead of biting me, he kisses my neck softly and then goes back to driving. I turn my song back on and lean against Damon, wrapping my arms around his one arm. "Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel, can't help that if I wanna kiss you in the rain so. Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I've met you, can't help it if there's no one else" I sing along

All of a sudden Damon kisses the top of my head. I smile and wrap my arms around him tighter. After a while, we finally arrive in Atlanta. It didn't take as long as I expected, that probably has a lot to do with Damon's fast driving.

"You must be starving." Damon says. "I know I am." He raises an eyebrow

"Here ya go." I hold out my arm in front of him

"Don't tempt me." He laughs

I laugh and put my arm down. We arrive at a bar, of course. Damon would be an alcoholic if he was still human. We walk inside and there's hardly nobody in here, considering it's still a bit early. We both grab a seat at the bar.

"What'll it be?" The bartender asks as he sits two coasters down

"Bourbon."

"And for your girlfriend?"

I must admit, that felt good to hear, but I don't smile. At all. Damon shoots a smirk my way and I roll my eyes. "Long Island tea."

The bartender gets us our drinks and we order burgers.

"Wait...you can eat..?" I whisper

"Yes" He laughs, "As long as I keep a normal diet, I function just like any other guy"

"Except a few minor details"

"Like my ability to make you-"

"Shut up" I say as I shove a fry in his mouth

After we eat, we leave the bar. We get in his car until we find something that looks interesting. Shopping! We venture into the department store and start to look around. We start trying on sunglasses and I look at cute scarves. Then I spot this really awesome Fedora. I grab it and put it on Damon.

"You look amazing." I say

"I don't do Fedora's" He laughs

"But look how hot you look" I pull him to a mirror

"I do look good" He smirks

"You're getting it."

"Oh, fine."

We try on more things and I take pictures of the two of us. Damon acts like a completely different person when we're together, he's laughing and actually smiling. When he's around Stefan, all he thinks about is killing people and making Stefan's life hell.

"Go try this on" Damon hands me something

"No way, I don't like it."

"Just do it."

"Fine." I grab the tight but so not my color dress out of his hand and head for the dressing room. After my clothes come off, there's a knock on the door.

"Um..occupied." I say

"Open the door." Damon mumbles from the outside

I start to laugh and I open the door, he comes inside with me.

"If you wanted me that bad, all you had to do was ask." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck

"But I figured you'd already be half naked this way"

I laugh as Damon lifts me up and pushes me against the wall, I wrap my legs around his waist.

"We're so gonna get caught." I say

"Only if you're loud"

"Well...then we're definitely getting caught"

Damon kisses me hard and rough, I grab his back and let out a little moan. That's when we hear more people back in the dressing area. We try being quiet but end up laughing too much.

"Shhh." Damon says, holding his own laugh

"I can't. I can't." I bury my face in his shoulder

Damon covers my mouth as we hear footsteps coming towards our dressing room. Then there's a knock, "Excuse me?" a woman says from the other side of the door

"One second." I manage to get out, Damon puts me down and I slip on my jeans. When I open the door Damon runs by the woman so fast, it was like he wasn't even there to begin with. "Can I help you?"

"Are you alright? I thought I heard voices."

"Nope, just me in here. No voices." I smile

"Oh..I see. Okay then."

I put my shirt on and walk out to find Damon. He ends up finding me, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "Ready to go?"

"Yup." I say. I go to the counter and pay for my scarf and Damon's Fedora.

"Hey, I was gonna do that."

"Its a gift. Now you can't get out of wearing it, because I bought it for you"

Damon gives me a smirk then puts on the black Fedora. He wraps an arm around me and we leave the store. Its nightfall now, or early in the evening. I look down a block or so and see bright lights.

"Oh my god. A carnival." I smile

"You're serious" He laughs

"Yes." I grab his hand and pull him along, "You win me something, then we can go to the bar."

"Sounds like a plan."

We go and go straight to a game booth, knocking down bottles, easy right. Damon throws the balls over and over and hits a bottle each time, he has a seriously good arm. The game worker is a bit stunned.

"Wow dude. Well uhh, pick something." The kid says

"What do you want?" Damon asks

"Umm...that pink and white dog."

"You got it." The worker says

He hands me the dog, Damon wraps his arm around me as we start walking away.

"You're good." I say

"Yeah, I know." He laughs. "Now, don't tell Stefan about this."

"And why not?"

"Because he'll say I have compassion, or a heart. Then I'll have to prove him wrong."

"By doing what?"

"Killing somebody."

"Oh stop that." I laugh

I put my dog in the car and we head to the bar. The bar, of course it was fun. I love drinking, but I get a little too drunk which I really shouldn't of done.

"Okay, we're leaving." Damon says

"Where are we going?" I ask as I hold onto him

"Hotel."

How he got a hotel room and when, I don't know. I think he might of compelled the woman at the front desk to giving him a free room. Whatever he did, it worked.

"Thanks for today, Damon. I had fun." I say, taking off my shoes.

"I had fun too." Damon says as he wraps his arms around me. "Told you I was fun, not dangerous."

"You've already proven that you're extremely dangerous"

"And yet here you are."

"Here I am."

Damon stares at me for a while, not just at my eyes, but at all my facial features. Then his lips crash into mine and we fall back on the bed. I start to pull his shirt off...that's when all the alcohol I drank rushes to my head and I open my big mouth

"Wait, stop." I say, slightly pushing Damon off me

"What is it?"

"I know I'm really drunk right now but I have to ask...what am I to you?"

"We're friends, Savannah"

"Just friends? So, you do this with everybody?"

"No, just you. Sav-"

"After all of this...you don't feel anything for me? Not even a tiny bit of something?"

Damon lifts my head up to his level. "I can't be with you Savannah. It would be pointless, I'll disappoint you and it'll just leave you hurt."

"That doesn't answer my question, Damon."

"...Yes. I..have feelings for you" He sighs. "But that won't change my mind, its for the best."

"Forget I said anything. Please."

"You won't remember in the morning anyway."

"Okay." I nod my head

"Come on, get some sleep"

I listen to Damon, getting under the blankets. He pulls me close and wraps his arm around me..I swear he is about to say something else, but I'm out within seconds.