Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I'm Being Haunted.

For the first time in a long time, I wake up early on my own. No alarm clock, no bitchy attitude. I feel happy and content because Damon is here. Right next to me he lays sound asleep, I turn over on my side to face him. He is completely and undeniably beautiful. Is this how he felt when I woke up to him staring at me?

The only flaw in my good morning is that I have to be at school today. But not yet, I still have a good amount of time. I could go back to sleep but I'd rather stay awake, I don't think I'm able to sleep. I run my fingers through Damon's hair as he slowly starts to wake up.

"Good morning." I smile at him

"Morning." Damon says as he pulls my body closer to his, any closer and we'd be one person. "Sleep good?"

"Mmhm." I nod my head taking it all in. Damon's warm, I feel so at ease I could drift off to sleep any second, I feel safe with him. "I have to get ready for school." I frown

"I guess I should go then. I have to go annoy Stefan."

"And?"

"And...apologize for yesterday."

"Good. So, I'll see you later?"

"Mhm." Damon gets out of bed and I lay across where he was laying. He puts on his shirt and shoes then he goes to grab his leather jacket, I grab it also. "Yesss?" He asks, dragging out the word

"Leave it, I wanna wear it, Don't worry, you'll get it back later."

"Keep it as long as you want" He says, letting it go. "Until I feel like wearing it."

"Okay." I laugh

I sit up in bed and pull Damon down with me. He leans in and gives me a long, sweet, passionate kiss. The kind of kiss that makes me want to hold onto him for dear life and never let go. Does he even know I'm in love with him?

"I'll see you later today then?" Damon asks once we finally pull away from each other

"Yeah. Call me."

"Bye, Savannah." He says before he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, Damon."

Then within a blink of an eye he's out my window and gone. I get out of bed and quickly shower for school. Then I get dressed. I grab Damon's jacket but decide against wearing it after all, to avoid anything with Elena, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping it for a while.

As I walk across the school parking lot, I see Tyler. I remember we never talked yesterday, he must think I blew him off. Since I'm in such a great mood this morning...I decide to talk to him.

"Ty!" I yell, making him turn around. He smiles a bit and waits for me to catch up.

"Hey Savannah"

"Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk at the grill, some things came up. But we can talk now before school."

"Okay, sounds good." He says as we continue to walk. "I wanted to say sorry...for everything that happened with Vicki, It was a mistake. She was a mistake."

"You cared about her, Ty. You can't just call her a mistake. Now cheating on me, that was a mistake." I smirked

"I know and I feel horrible, I never meant to hurt you. I've been wanting to tell you this for a while, but I haven't seen you around."

"Ya know what, I forgive you." I say, which shocks even myself

"Really?"

"Yeah, at least you were man enough to apologize. I'll never forget it, but its history now."

"So does this mean-"

"Stop. I said I forgive you, not that I'll take you back. We'll never be together again but we had some great times. I want us to be friends again."

"I want that too. We did have some good times."

"Like when our mothers tried to have us promise to marry each other."

"And when you told them you were pregnant." Tyler laughs

"That worked for about three months, until they realized my stomach wasn't growing." I laugh with him

When me and Tyler dated, our mothers loved the idea of us together. They loved the idea of the two richest families in Mystic Falls joining together someday--they wanted to succeed in that dream using me and Tyler. So, to get back at them, we told them I was pregnant and couldn't wait to be married, they flipped. Of course I was lying but the look on their faces was priceless. It worked for about three months until they realized I wasn't showing...we were in so much trouble.

At lunchtime, I sit outside with Elena and Bonnie. Bonnie is having an issue.

"And then I ended up at the remains of the old Fell's Church before I woke up back in the woods" Bonnie explains

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Elena asks

"What's going on Bon Bon?" I ask, I just sat down and probably missed a detail or two.

"This might sound stupid but-"

"Nothing you say is stupid Bonnie." I reassure her

"Thanks" She gives a small smile. "Do you believe in ghosts?"

"Yes." I say, truthfully. If there's vampires and witches out there, why not ghosts too? After everything that's happened in this short amount of time, I believe in everything supernatural. Anything is possible.

"A few weeks ago I'd say no...but now--" Elena starts but is cut off by Bonnie

"I think I'm being haunted."

"I don't get it, why Emily?"

"Grams said that she was a powerful witch back in the civil war days and this medallion was hers, a witches Talisman."

"And it all started when you got the necklace?"

"I think she's using it to communicate with me."

The necklace. That's the necklace Damon said was his and he needed back. But why is it giving Bonnie nightmares? Is her ancestor really communicating with her from the dead? I decide now isn't the time to ask for it.

"Okay, so what does Grams say about this?" I ask

"I can't call her. She's gonna tell me to embrace it, I don't wanna embrace it. I want it to stop."

And there's the bell, lunch went by too quickly. "It'll be okay Bonnie." I try to reassure her as we all get up from the table

"I hope so."

After school is over, me and Elena meet up.

"We need to do something." I say

"I know, this is really scaring her. She shouldn't be alone tonight." Elena agrees

"How about a girls night at your house?"

"Ya know what, that sounds good." Elena says as we exit the building. We spot Stefan sitting on a table

"Ohh look, there's Stefan" I tease "See ya tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tonight."

We go our own ways, I walk over to my car. I search for my keys in my purse as I wait for Rachel to meet me.

"Hey beautiful." I hear that familiar voice

I turn around to see Damon an inch away from my face. "Hey...what are you doing here?"

"Came to talk to Bonnie, she still won't budge. And to see you."

"Okay, but she's a little spooked and you don't make it any better so knock it off."

"Okay, okay. What are your plans for tonight?"

"Later, going to Elena's with Bonnie and hopefully not Caroline."

"You'll ask then?"

"Yes Damon." I say. "But if she's still freaked out, I'm not bring it up."

"Okay. And what are you doing right now?"

"Waiting for my sister. Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm on edge. I told Stefan I wouldn't feed on another human...for at least a week. And he's playing some stupid game with me, I know he wants something."

"Isn't that what you do to him? Almost everyday?"

"Hush." He says seductively as he backs me against my own car, he goes to kiss me but my sister walks up

"Holy hot guy!" Rachel says, making Damon turn around. "Hi Damon." She smiles

"Rachel. How was your day?" Damon asks

"Its a whole lot better now!"

"Oh god, get in the car Rachel." I say

"I'm driving!" Damon says as he takes the keys right out of my hand. "Thank you" He smiles

I just shake my head and walk over to the passengers side. "That means you take the back." I say to Rachel

When I get home I change my clothes and head out the door with Damon once more. He's on edge and he needs alcohol to keep the craving down and I'm a little hungry, so we're going to the grill. Damon already decided he's driving again so I head to the passengers side.

"Ya know, I've never been in my own passengers seat. Except once when I was drunk." I tell him

"Its a nice change, isn't it?"

"No." I shake my head with a cocky smirk on my face

At the grill, we sit at the bar. I eat cheese fries and Damon drinks, telling the bartender to leave the bottle. We hang here for a good while.

"Stefan!" Uhh...Stefan calls out as he walks over to us. "Ya know, I've been thinking...I think we should give this brother thing another chance. We used to do it oh so well once upon a time" He says then gives these weird looks. Wait...is he trying to be Damon?

"I don't, Damon." Damon says to Stefan in a mock voice. "I can't trust you to be a nice guy, you kill everybody and you're so mean...you're so mean." Damon finishes and shakes his head. "You're really hard to imitate and then I have to go to that lesser place." He says normally

"Uh, that was interesting. But I'm late to meet Elena, bye Damon." I say, standing up

"Bye babe." Damon gives me a kiss before I leave I wave bye to Stefan and make my way to Elena's house.

(To be continued.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Savannah's Outfit