Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

No, It's Not.

I'm awake, dammit. I can't bare to face the day today and I'm sure as hell not going to school. I throw the covers back over my head to block the sun, wallowing in my own self pity. I hear my bedroom door open and I groan out loud, not wanting to speak to anybody.

"Savannah. Come on, it's a new day" Elena says, throwing the covers back. "and you're still in yesterdays clothes?"

I look down at myself, still in my jeans and pink VS Pink hoodie. "You're peachy this morning"

"It's a new day, I have to smile"

"What about Stefan?"

"I already asked him not to go once, I can't ask again. Me and Stefan already been through a breakup, it's easier the second time"

"How fortunate for you." I mumble

"Now come on, we have to get to school."

"I'm not going, not today."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." I shake my head

"There's so many guys who would love a chance with you, Sav"

"I don't want another guy, Elena." The tears start rushing back. "I WANT HIM!"

"Let's talk about it, you'll start to feel better."

"Sorry for yelling at you." I wipe my tears. "Ya know, I cried almost all night. I'm conflicted, I can't decide if I'm crying over missing him or what he did to me"

"What exactly happened?"

"I was just the girl he screwed around with until he got the one he really wanted. He told me he had feelings for me but I guess that was all just a lie. That's not even the worst part"

"What is?"

"He asked me to get the necklace from Bonnie...just so he could be with vampire girl"

"I can't believe he did that!"

"Believe it." My eyes fill up again. "I gave up a friendship for him. I gave myself to him over and over because I love him and I thought he at least cared!"

"Sav-"

"Why do I always pick the wrong guys, Elena? I dump the good ones, fall in love with the bad ones and get my heart stomped on"

"I know this doesn't make a difference now and this is coming from somebody who doesn't really like Damon. But, I think he really cared for you"

"What would make you say that?"

"For one, you felt it, I'm sure he did too. You have to see yourself together to know and I can't believe I'm admitting this. But...you're perfect for each other" She admits, "Stefan even said so"

"You're right, it doesn't make a difference. He's gone, I hate him. Even if he did care, it doesn't matter...it's always been Katherine for him and I'm nobody's second choice."

Elena gives me a smile, "you're gonna be just fine. But I have to get to school, sure you're not coming?"

"Yeah. I'll be at career night tonight with my dad though"

"Okay see you tonight"

Elena leaves and I decide to face the day. I get out of bed and take off my hoodie, throwing it to the ground. I slip my jeans off and throw them into the clothes pile I'm starting. I take a long hot shower, trying to forget everything. It doesn't last very long though.

My day consists of watching Gossip Girl, crying--Blair and Chuck always get to me, and ignoring Damon's calls. Why he's calling...I don't know, but I refuse to answer the phone no matter how much I might want to. Then somebody knocks on the door, I don't feel like getting up but I do anyway.

It's Damon. I take one look at him then begin to shut the door, but he stops it with his foot. "You know, you're very hard to get hold of." His once irresistible, devilish grin has no effect on me

"What do you want?" I sigh

"I have to tell you something. Looks like I'm not leaving yet, there's-"

"I don't care if you're in Mystic Falls or in an entire different country. I never wanna see your face or hear your voice ever again. Leave me alone."

"Are you sure you don't wanna hear what I have to say?"

"You can take those words and shove it, Damon. Go away." I slam the door in his face

As evening hits, I go upstairs to get ready for Career Night. I need an outfit and I need makeup. I need to smile so nobody suspects anything is wrong. I'm usually good at hiding my feelings at least with the right people. As I pick out my clothes I notice the pictures of me and Damon on my desk, I put them together and toss them in the first drawer I see. "I feel better already." I lie to myself

"Dad's downstairs, he said move it." Rachel says, coming into my room

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I force out a smile

"You okay? You seemed mad last night"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

I grab my purse and head downstairs. I look like my normal self on the outside even though I'm wrecked on the inside. Time to put on a show.

"I'm ready, dad." I say

"Alright, let's go" He says

In the car, dad keeps glancing over at me. Uh oh, does he know somethings wrong? I wouldn't be surprised, I couldn't fool him if I tried.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks

"Nothing, dad. I'm fine."

"Wow, you're so lying right now. Come on, what happened?"

"Just...things with me and Damon are over, just a little sad"

"You said he wasn't your boyfriend"

"He wasn't. I think you get the picture."

Awkward.

"Oh god, Savannah! You shouldn't have...that kind of a friend" He says with a disgusted face

I laugh a little "Don't worry, I don't...anymore."

We arrive at the school and go inside for Career Night. I honestly haven't thought about what I want to be. I aspire to be a model or fashion designer when I'm older, but none of that is here.

"So...what'll it be?" Dad asks

"I don't know. I guess I'll have a better idea after tonight."

"Remember, don't pick anything you're not insanely crazy about... no matter how much it pays"

I nod my head in agreement, we look around at all the booth's. We run into Elena and Jenna.

"Hey Mr. Cunningham!" Elena smiles

"Uhh...hello to you too best friend." I say

"Sorry" She smiles at me

"Hi Jenna, Elena...and its Jake" Dad says. He's on a first name bases with all my friends

Dad makes eye contact with Mayor Lockwood, that usually means they have to talk serious business, "I'll be right back." He says

I wonder what's going on. I walk around with Elena as Jenna talks to Mr. Saltzman.

"So how are you?" Elena asks

"I'm better now, my day was kinda miserable. Damon called four times then showed up at my house"

"Really? What did he want?"

"I don't know. I told him off and slammed the door in his face"

"good, I'm proud of you" Elena says, linking arms with me

"umm... Elena, there's Stefan" I say, looking his way

"come on, let's say hi" she pulls me along

"hey Stefan" I say

"hey Savannah, Elena"

"you're here..you're protecting me" Elena says

"if that's okay"

"what did I miss?"

"I thought you knew. There's another vampire in town, which is why me and Damon haven't left yet. He's out tracking him now"

"oh, wow."

"Damon said he was going to tell you, he didn't?"

So that's what he wanted. "umm, I kinda slammed the door in his face, didn't give him a chance"

"not surprised there. Just be careful, both of you. Are you wearing your bracelet?"

"yup." I hold up my wrist. "do you know who it is?"

"that's what Damon's trying to find out"

I just nod my head. He was trying to protect me but I didn't listen. I don't get bummed over it because at least Stefan told me. I look around more at the booth's until I run into Matt.

"hey friend who I never see anymore" Matt says

"hey Matty" I say and give him a hug. "we haven't hung out once this year huh?"

"nope, you're supposed to be my go-to girl"

"I know. I'm sorry, things have been crazy. At least you have Ty"

Matt just looks at me and I start to laugh. Matt is one of my oldest friends, I've known him since I was 3, and he's the only true guy-friend I've ever had.

"hey guys" dad says as he walks over to us. "Matt, haven't seen you around the house lately"

"hey Jake, I know. Me and sav just been doing different things" Matt says. My dad is basically like a father to Matt.

"how is everything?"

"as good as it could be"

Dad just nods his head. We look around more but later my dad has to pick up Justin.

"you don't mind, do you?" he asks

"of course not, I'll get a ride with Elena. My cars at her house anyway"

"okay. I'll see you at home" dad says as he gives me a hug

I look around a while longer and talk to friends until I'm ready to go. But I can't find Elena anywhere, damn. I go outside and start calling her cell, no answer.

"hey damsel in distress" Logan Fell pulls up next to me

"Logan Fell, channel 5. That you?" I tease

"I used to babysit you Savannah Cunningham, don't mock me" he smiles. "need a ride?"

"I was supposed to go home with Elena but I can't find her"

"it's on my way"

"thanks!" I say, walking over to the passengers side and getting in. "you remember where my dad lives right?"

"sure do."

My cell starts ringing, I look at the ID and it's Damon. I debate picking it up but it might be important. So I answer.

"Damon, you have 10 seconds" I say

"where are you right now?" he says urgently

"getting a ride home from Logan. Why?"

"no! Get out of the-"

Then my head is slammed against the window, not hearing everything Damon said. I black out.

Elena's POV

"hey Matt, have you seen Sav?" I ask

"yeah. She just got a ride from Logan, the news guy" he says

I look at Stefan and my eyes widen, we rush outside and see a furious Damon walking up.

"Lets go, now." Damon says to Stefan. "he took Savannah. I'm gonna kill him"

"we might not have much time, we have to hurry." Stefan says. "go back inside, Elena. Stay there"

And with that Stefan and Damon take off. I go back inside, worried. What if something happens to her before they find him? No, nothing would. Stefan and especially Damon wouldn't let anything happen to Savannah.

Savannah's POV

I start to stir but everything is blurry, very blurry. I move my head a tiny bit and it hurts like hell. Why the hell did he do that? I hear Damon's voice and feel a pair of arms grab me

"take her home. I'll take care of this"

Things start becoming less blurry and I can tell I'm being carried by somebody. "Damon?" I mumble

"it's Stefan, Sav" I hear Stefan's voice

Things become more clear but my head still hurts like hell. "Logan is the new vampire in town, isn't he?"

"how'd you guess?"

"Damon called me, when I told him where I was all I remember is him yelling no and then I blacked out"

"Damon killed him, or so we thought. Somebody must of turned him"

"why did Damon kill him?"

"because he almost killed me"

I just nod my head. "where's Damon?"

"he's dealing with Logan, he's highly pissed off" Stefan says as he helps me inside and into my room. I just nod my head a tiny bit. "aspirin?"

"in the bathroom, right through that door"

Stefan gets me some aspirin and a glass of water. "thanks" I say as he starts taking a look around, stopping at my wall of pictures.

"the infamous wall" he says

"that's right. There's one of you up there, from history class. Remember?"

"definitely. Is that you and Elena?" he takes down a picture and shows me. Me and Elena, alcohol bottles in our hands and our 'hard' faces, Elena's 16th birthday.

"me and Elena used to be crazy, you have no idea"

"I can see that" he says, looking at more of the crazy pictures on my wall.

"so I guess you're leaving since the whole vampire thing is taken care of?"

"I guess so"

"hey. I know Damon's leaving, you're getting what you want, Stef. There's no reason why you have to leave too"

"But-"

"Elena's in love with you and I know you love her too. Stay, if not for yourself, then for Elena"

Stefan smiles. "you're a really great friend Savannah. I'm sorry about Damon"

"me too"

When Stefan leaves, I go into my bathroom to take a shower. This year has been too hectic and its nowhere near over. "no more stupid vampire shit" I say out loud as I exit my bathroom

"Damon! You scared me!" I yell when I see him on my bed.

"are you okay?" he asks, "how's your head?"

"I'm fine. It just hurts a little still"

"I'm so sorry-"

"don't be, you tried to tell me...I didn't listen. But I'm okay now. Where's Logan?"

"I killed him."

I stay silent for a minute. "thank you, Damon...for saving me"

"anytime"

"well um.." I grab his leather jacket off my chair and hand it to him. "I guess this is goodbye"

Damon wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. "no, it's not." he whispers in my ear. I look at Damon, ready to question him but my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Savannah?"

It's Jenna. "Jenna, everything okay?"

"No. Elena's been in an accident"
♠ ♠ ♠
It's funny. I wrote this chapter in April 2010. Then, this year the same exact thing happened to me in real life. Same exact situation, not exact, but you know...