Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Secrets.

"Hello."

"Savannah"

It's Jenna. "Jenna, everything okay?"

"No. Elena's been in an accident."

"An accident??

"We're at the hospital."

"I'm on my way."

I hang up the phone and go into my closet, grabbing a pair of jeans and slipping them on quickly and a pair of flip flops. Then I go downstairs and I'm out the door. Damn, my car's at Elena's. "Ugh."

"I'll drive you." Damon says, I almost forgot he was here. "Come on."

"Alright." I don't have time to say no to him

We get into his car and he drives off to the hospital. We get there in no time because he's probably the fastest driver I know. I meet up with Jenna and Jeremy in the waiting room, Bonnie and Caroline just got here also.

"Is she okay??" I run up to Jenna

"I haven't been told anything yet. She crashed her car, it flipped over."

I nod my head, what else can I do? She's survived one car accident, why not another as well? I look over at Jeremy, he's visibly upset. I give him a hug. "She'll be okay, Jer."

"I can't lose another family member."

"You won't. Stop thinking like that. For all we know..it might not be serious."

He nods his head and I take a seat in the waiting room. All we can do is wait and I hate waiting. "Please let her be okay." I whisper soft enough that nobody hears me.

"She'll be fine." I look over and Damon's right next to me

I slightly nod my head and he comforts me, putting his arm around me and pulling me close. Now this doesn't mean I forgive him and everything is okay, it's definitely not okay. But after everything that happened last night, then almost being killed by a vampire tonight, and now Elena was in an accident...I'm feeling vulnerable and I need comforting. Even if it is from Damon.

"Are you gonna give me a chance to explain?" Damon whispers

"Why? You're leaving."

"Maybe I'm not ready to leave."

"Why? Because you hope you can still get Katherine back?" He doesn't answer me, that most likely means I'm right. "Well?"

"Can't hate me for trying."

"That's where you're wrong, that's exactly why I hate you."

"I'm not just staying because of her."

"Then why else, Damon? Humor me."

"Because of you. I'm sorry, I really am."

"You can't have me if you want her, I'm not having it."

"Then give me a chance to explain, give me that at least."

"Fine. If you shut up."

I see the doctor come out to talk to Jenna, Jenna smiles and thanks him, then walks over to us.

"Is she okay?" I ask. standing up

"She's fine. Nothings broken, no internal bleeding. Just a few bruises, she can be released in a few hours. She's awake now, the doctor said two at a time though. Me and Jer are gonna go in first." Jenna says

"Alright, thank god she's okay."

Jenna and Jeremy walk into Elena's room. The rest of us wait, waiting to go in. I just noticed Stefan was here, he was sitting alone by himself. I decide not to bother him because he probably wants to be alone. That's when my cell phone goes off, its my Dad.

"Hey Dad." I answer

"Where are you? You never called."

"I'm so sorry. Elena was in an accident, I'm at the hospital waiting to see her."

"Is Elena okay?"

"Yeah, just a few bruises. I'll be home when I'm done, okay?"

"Okay, be careful out there, its late."

"I know."

I hang up the phone and walk over to Bonnie and Caroline.

"Caroline, do you mind if I talk to Bonnie alone?" I ask

"Sure, go ahead." She walks away

"Whats up?" Bonnie asks

"I'm so sorry Bonnie"

"For what?"

"For what Damon did" I whisper

"You know that's not your fault."

"I know, but...I just wish I could of stopped him. I feel horrible about it."

"Don't. I'm fine now, and I'm not blaming you."

"Okay."

I give her a hug, Bonnie and Caroline go into see Elena next. They weren't in there two long and then me and Damon go in. Elena's sitting up in bed and she appears to be fine. "How are you?" I ask

"I look like her." She mumbles

"Like who?"

"Katherine."

She what?! Looks like Katherine? Tell me the past 24 hours have been a dream and I'm about to wake up.

"Damon. What does she mean?" I turn to him and ask

"Elena...could be Katherine's twin." He fesses up

"And you never told her?"

"It wasn't my place. Stefan's her boyfriend, not me."

"Damon." Elena starts. "When I crashed my car, I hit somebody. But he got up like nothing happened, he came towards me, but then took off...just like you would."

"Are you saying you might have hit a vampire?"

"I think so."

"Did you see his face?"

"No, he had a hoodie on. And I was upside down."

"Alright. I'm gonna go tell Stefan."

Damon leaves, now I can get the whole story. "So what happened?"

"I took Stefan home, we had sex. Afterward, he want to get me a drink and I started looking around his room. I saw a picture of Katherine from 1864 on his desk, she could be my twin. I started to cry, took off the necklace he gave me and left it. Then I booked it out of there. I must not of seen the guy I hit, but when I hit him my car started rolling and I was left upside down."

"Wow. This is too much vampire stuff to handle."

"I know. By the way, hows your head? Stefan said him and Damon got to Logan before anything happened."

"I'm fine now, I'm more worried about you."

"I'm okay too. I can't wait to get out of here."

"I have to go home but I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Plus, I think its Stefan's turn to see you."

"Okay. No...I don't wanna see him."

"He's out there Elena, make him tell you why you look like Katherine and why he didn't tell you."

"Okay..I'll see you tomorrow." I give Elena a hug and then leave her room. I give Stefan a look to tell him its his turn.

"Will you take me to my dads house?" I ask Damon

"Yeah, come on." He says. We leave the hospital and get in his car. The ride home is silent because if I say anything, I just might start freaking out.

"So, are you gonna give me a chance to explain?" Damon asks

"Elena looks just like Katherine. You wanted her too huh?" I ask

"No. I didn't"

"Why not just go after her? Then you and Stefan would have Katherine, new and approved 2009 edition." I snap

"I know you're mad. But...why would I want a carbon copy of my ex-girlfriend?"

"It wouldn't surprise me. You tried to get her out of a tomb she's been stuck in for 145 years. Most people would just get over it! But not you, not Damon Salvatore!"

He's getting annoyed, good. "I didn't go after Elena because I don't like her, so what if she looks like Katherine--she's not her. I like you, not Elena. Now are we gonna talk about this or what? Or are you gonna just hate me forever?"

"Even if we do talk about it, I'll still hate you Damon. But I'll give you a chance to explain, but not tonight. Too much has happened the past two nights, I need a break."

"When then?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. I'll be at my dads."

"Alright."

The rest of the ride is silent. I thank him for the ride and then I go inside.

"How's Elena?" Amy asks

"She's fine, she'll be home in the morning." I say, "Where's dad?"

"At the Lockwood's. Emergency Council meeting."

"This time at night?"

"Hence the word emergency"

"Ha, right."

"You look wrecked. How was your night?"

"Hell."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I can't"

"Well...can I tell you something?"

"Sure. Oh my god you're pregnant!"

"No! I'm not pregnant. Its something else...only your dad knows."

"Tell me."

"I'm...a witch."

"Really?"

"You seem really comfortable with this."

Oh, right. Witches aren't supposed to be real. "Umm..Prove it."

Then the three small candles on the coffee table are lit without us touching them. She's a witch alright.

"Wow. My dad's okay with this? If this was 1864 you'd be burned alive." I say

"Well thank god it isn't. He's okay with it, but he hasn't told anybody. Why are you so accepting? I thought you might even be scared."

"After these last few months, I believe in everything I used to not believe in. My friends a witch."

"Bonnie?"

"And you already knew that. Do you know anything else?"

"Yes. I know Damon's a vampire. When you introduced us at the Founder's Party, we shook hands..I made the connection."

"Amy...for the love of god, I'm begging you. Do not, I repeat do not tell my father. Please."

"Don't worry, I won't say a word. Beside they've already caught two vampires, nobody even suspects him. Especially supplying the Council with vervain, he's golden."

"Okay." I sigh, "Good."

After that I tell Amy everything, everything that's happened within the last 24 hours. About the tomb, Katherine, Logan taking me, and how Elena looks like Katherine's twin. She won't tell anybody, I can trust her.

"Looks like you've been having a rough time." Amy says

"You wouldn't believe. I'm gonna get some sleep though, thanks for listening, telling me your secret, and not telling mine."

"You're welcome, Sav."

After that I go upstairs to sleep. I need sleep, lots of it. I know I won't be interrupted by Damon appearing in my bedroom, because he hasn't been invited in.