Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

You Love Me?

Damon and Stefan are vampires. Bonnie and Amy are witches. Elena looks just like Katherine. Everything is happening so fast, I'm just waiting for more stuff to happen, then I want things back to normal. I get to the Gilbert's and knock on the door, its answered by Jeremy.

"Hey Jer, is Elena awake?" I ask

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen. I was just heading out, see ya."

"See ya." I go inside and shut the door, I walk into the kitchen and there's Elena. "Hey, how are you?"

"I feel fine, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Did you talk to Stefan?"

"No, not yet. I didn't wanna see him last night, I asked him to leave."

"Today, talk. You have to know, Elena."

"I know. This is all...just a shock to me."

"When will things go back to normal?"

"Hopefully soon. I called Damon, he hasn't found out anything about the guy."

"So there's another vampire in town?"

"Yeah, another one."

"At least this time it'll be you-"

"Hey!" Elena laughs

"Don't worry. As long as Stefan and Damon are around, no vampire will get you."

"Good."

"I have to tell you something, a secret."

"What?"

"Amy's a witch."

"She is?!"

"Yeah, my dads okay with it too."

"Well, this isn't 1864"

"I know. She already knew Bonnie was a witch and she know's Damon's a vampire."

"She does?!"

"Mhm. But she promised not to tell anybody."

"Good. But why do you care if she tells anybody about Damon?" She questions with a smirk

"I might hate the guy, but I don't want him to die." I say. "Who will protect us from vampires? He's the strong one." I tease

"Liar. You don't want him to die because you loooovee him!"

"Elena, I haven't punched anyone in a while, I will make an exception!"

Elena smiles and laughs at me, I do the same. I only stay a while longer because dad wants to talk. I head home and he tells me to get in the car, we must be driving somewhere.

"Whats on your mind dad?" I ask

"What I'm about to tell you might sound stupid, but its true."

"What is it?"

"We have vampires in our town."

Now, Savannah..you must react the same as you did when you found out about Damon and Stefan. "Haha, nice one dad."

"I'm serious. The Founder's Council isn't just for town stuff, we're the only ones who know about the vampires. There was a lot of them in 1864, until the original founder's had them all burned alive in a church."

Or so we thought.

"Umm...dad-"

"I wanted to tell you because you're the oldest and you might understand, don't tell Rachel and Justin. Two have already been killed, one a blonde girl and the other was Logan Fell. We don't know how many more will be around town so you need to be careful. Are you wearing your bracelet?"

"Always."

"It has vervain in it, it repels vampires so they can't control you. Never, ever take it off."

"I won't. Dad, I have something to tell you"

"What?"

"Last night, I got a ride home from Logan Fell."

"You what?!"

"I know, I didn't know what he was though. I just needed a ride home, but he knocked me out. But my friend Damon...he killed him and his brother took me home."

"You were the girl he took?"

"Yes dad. I'm so sorry."

"You're okay. That's all that matters. Damon's been working closely with us, supplying vervain since his Uncle's been away. He staked the blonde one also. He saved your life?"

I nod my head and don't say anything else.

"Be careful Savannah. Be careful who you let in the house, once they're invited in...they can come back whenever they please."

"I will dad."

So I got the vampire talk, I honestly didn't expect my dad to tell me about this--at least not yet. At least he doesn't suspect Damon of being a vampire. I spend most of my day at dad's with my family. I help Amy cook dinner and she tells me all kinds of stuff about her being a witch.

"Savannah, Caroline's here!" Dad yells from the living room

"What does she want?" I ask myself as I go into the other room. "Uh, hey."

"Can we talk outside or something?"

"Okay." As we walk outside, she winks at my dad. "Caroline!"

"What? He obviously likes blondes"

"Anyway. What do you want?"

"I came to say sorry, I wanna be friends again."

"What changed your mind?"

"I realized I don't care if you're with Damon or whatever you call it. When I saw you two together at the hospital, how he was comforting you...it made me smile. I was a bad friend and I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?"

Ha, if she only knew the half of it. "I'm sorry too, I was horrible and rude to you. I really miss your friendship"

"Me too! So are we okay?"

"Of course" I give her a hug

Then Damon walks up. "So, I'll see you later."

"See ya, Caroline." Then she walks off

"Fraternizing with the enemy, are we?" Damon asks

"The only enemy here is you."

"Ouch, that hurt." He holds his hand over his unbeating heart

"Good." I open the door to inform my dad that I'll be back later. He then thanks Damon for saving my life, then we leave. we decide just to take a walk.

"You told him about Logan?" Damon asks

"Well, he told me about the whole vampire thing, so I told him."

"He doesn't suspect me, does he?"

"Not at all." I say, leaving out the fact that Amy knows what he is. "Now, I'm waiting. Explain."

"It was real for me, Savannah." Damon starts. "I really care about you and I really have feelings for you, I wasn't lying about that."

"How do I know that?"

"Because I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I had a hard time telling you I cared." I just look at him, what am I supposed to say to that? "Savannah, you're the first person I've ever felt anything for in 145 years and that's the truth."

"But you'll always want Katherine."

"I should of told you about her. But I didn't...because I knew it would hurt you and things wouldn't be the same, I couldn't deal with things not being the same between us. You're really...special to me."

"So..whats your plan now? Get Katherine back or die trying?"

"You can't expect me not to try."

"I never said that. I just asked."

"Yes, I'm gonna try again."

I nod my head. "Then all we can be is friends."

"Friends like we have been?" He grins

"No." I say sternly. "Actual friends. Nothing like before"

"Is that what you really want?" he comes closer to me

"No. But that's how its gonna be. You're always gonna love Katherine, you might even get her back eventually, why allow myself to get even more close to you just to get hurt in the end?"

"I'm sorry." He whispers

Before I can say anything, Damon's ambushed, pushed to the ground and being beaten with a metal baseball bat. "What the hell?!" He says through the pain. Its a vampire, within a second he runs to grab something then runs back to Damon. Its gasoline, he's pouring it all over him.

"Stop it!" I run to Damon, only to be scared by this guys vamp face. I stop dead in my tracks. He pours more of the gasoline on Damon, there's nothing I can do.

"Who are you?" Damon says through his teeth

"That's perfect. You have no idea." The unknown vampire says

"What are you talking about? What did he do?" I yell from a distance

He takes one look at me, "He killed my girlfriend." What? When? "What did she do to you??! Huh??" He yells at Damon as he pours the rest of the gas on him.

"Nothin." Damon says, semi-casually. That is just like him.

"I don't understand."

"My girlfriend went to visit Stefan and Damon killed her. Got it?" the vampire says. Oh god, Lexi. He must be Lexi's boyfriend. He then kicks Damon in the face.

"Lexi. She told my friend about you. She said that you were human"

"I was." He nods his head and pulls out matches..No, please don't.

"Lexi turned you?"

"You wanna be with someone forever. You have to live forever."

"She loved you! She said when its real you can't walk away-"

"Well that's a choice you're not gonna have to make." He gives Damon another kick

"Don't. Please don't hurt him!" I beg as he lights the match. "Please. Lexi was good and that means you are too. You loved her, and I know you're hurt. But, I love him.." I start to cry. "Please, you don't want another person to feel your pain."

"I'm doing you a favor!"

"Please, I'm begging you. Don't do this. Please!" He then takes Damon and launches him in the air, and he hits a brick building. "Thank you." I whisper

"If it wasn't for you.." He then takes off quickly. I run over to check on Damon who's barely moving.

"Damon! Are you okay?"

"That hurt." He says through his teeth as he tries to get up. "You saved my life."

"Well I wasn't gonna let him kill you." I say as I help him.

"Did you mean that? You love me?"

I forgot I said that out loud. Damon hears everything, no matter how much pain he's in. "I uhh...I have to go." I turn away from him and start walking.

"Savannah!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Short Damon & Savannah video. Actually, its Damon & Brooke Davis. But whatever, its Here