Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

50's Dance

"I can't believe you're adopted." I tell Elena

"me neither. I wanna know more but I'm kinda afraid to find out"

"your boyfriends a vampire Elena, how shocking could your birth parents possibly be?"

"you're right. I'm gonna ask Jenna for more information"

"I just can't believe Stefan saved your life." I'm still in shock

"yeah, he's the reason I'm still alive"

"I owe Stefan a lot" I say

"why Is that?"

"because I don't know what I'd do without you. Seriously"

"same here buddy. Now about you.."

"I so don't wanna talk about it." I say. We're sitting outside on my front step, well my dads front step.

"you save Damon's life and in the process say you love him out loud. And when he asks if you meant it...you walk away"

"what else was I supposed to do?" I sigh

"I don't know, how about a 'yes Damon, I love you'"

"I can't just tell him that."

"but it's true"

"all he cares about is Katherine. Saying I love him won't change a thing."

"do you and Damon still talk?"

"I said we could be friends. Actual friends"

"how's that going?"

"I haven't talked to him since last night. But at least you and Stefan are back together." I say. "one of us is happy at least"

"well tomorrows the dance, we need to have some fun"

"Agreed!"

Then next night I go to Elena's to get ready for the 50s dance. Jenna and Jeremy already headed to the school, Jer's on punch bowl duty and Jenna is a chaperon.

"I can't believe I don't have a date, this is bull" I say as we do our hair in the mirror

"well this way you'll have lots of guys to choose from"

"Elena." I say urgently

"what?"

"Hush!"

After we finish our hair, we do our makeup. Then we go back into Elena's room to check ourselves out in the mirror.

"well ms. Gilbert..I say we look smokin hot!"

"I couldn't agree more" Her smile turns into a frown as she looks at the flickering compass on her bed. "what the hell?"

"what's that thing doing?" I ask

"Shh. Follow me" she grabs the compass and we start walking down the stairs. She grabs her phone to call Stefan. "where's Stefan?" she asks, Damon must of picked up. "oh, this compass was spinning, he must be here." she then hangs up the phone.

"Stefan must be here" she tells me. I take it that compass points to vampires. Then out of nowhere somebody drops down from the ceiling and tries to bite Elena.

"ELENA!" I scream

"Elena!" I hear Stefan's voice. He grabs the guy and throws him across the room. I run to Elena's side and help her up, the guy then takes off.

"who the hell was that?" I ask, almost screaming

"are you okay?" Stefan asks Elena as he pulls her in for a hug. "you okay Sav?"

"I'm fine. How did that vampire get in here?" I ask

"he was invited" Elena mumbles

"Call Damon" Stefan says

I just nod my head and call Damon. "hey babe" he answers

"Damon, you need to get to Elena's..now."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just hurry please" then I hang up. "he's coming" I take a seat on the couch next to Elena, Stefan's on the other side if her, She's pretty shaken up. "you okay, skip?"

"Ill be fine"

The door opens and it nearly scares me and Elena half to death. It's just Damon though. "I would of knocked, but you know..I've been invited" he grins as he sits on the arm of the chair

"Damon, not now" Stefan says

"Then let's cut to the chase. How did he get in?"

"He posed as a pizza delivery guy."

"Well he gets credit for that"

"and you're sure you don't know who he is?"

"I swear" Damon says sarcastically

"Damon...he was invited in" Stefan says slowly

"then we get him tonight" Damon says. "you up for it Elena?"

"I don't think that's a good idea" Stefan says

"I'll do it" Elena says, "what do I have to do?"

"Take your boyfriend to the dance. See who shows up"

The two of them nod in agreement and we all get up to leave. Before I can walk out the door Damon grabs my hand. "Be my date to the.." Damon eyes my outfit, "50s dance"

"ummm...nope"

"We'll have funnn" he teases

"fine. But you're dancing...a lot"

"deal"

I just roll my eyes and pull him along outside. Stefan and Elena take her car, me and Damon take mine...he's driving of course.

"oh god, it's 1950 all over again" Damon says as we walk into the school

"what a nightmare, huh?" Stefan says

"don't look now Savannah, but the Salvatore brothers are actually talking without fighting." Elena says

"and now that moment is ruined" Damon says

"oh darn" I tease. "I wanna see pictures of you from the 50s...and just about every decade." I tell Damon

"not a chance" he says as we begin to dance. It's a slow dance, I wanted to sit this one out but Damon insisted. He wraps his arms around my lower back, pulling me close and my hands go around the back of his neck. "this is nice"

"Damon, shut up"

"hey now. Look at all these girls staring, they'd kill to dance with me. So be nice"

"I don't know if you noticed, but I'm the hottest girl at this school, I can have anybody I want"

"Is that so?"

"Try me, Damon."" I grin

He shuts his mouth about the subject, so I win. The music speeds up and it's time to really dance. "show me how it was done in the 50s"

"oh, why not" Damon smiles. We start to dance, doing dances like The Twist and Swing; I feel like I'm on an episode of American Dreams. I'm honestly having a lot of fun, much more fun that I expected. No sign of vampire boy either.

"are you sure you haven't done this before?" Damon asks with a laugh

"no, I'm just good at everything" I smile.

After about three songs, I decide I need something to drink. We walk off the dance floor and over to the drinks. "hey Jeremy, having fun?"

"oh loads. I love serving punch" I just laugh at him as he hands me a drink, poor kid.

"told you we'd have fun" Damon says with that devilish grin

"I knew we would, you're fun to be around"

Damon slings his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in close. "your not so bad either"

"oh please, what would you do without me?"

"torment Stefan more than I do now"

"Damon!"

"what? I'm an honest person!" I just shake my head at him, I wrap my arm around his back and lean against his chest.

"Hey I don't recognize you. Are you chaperoning?" Mr. Saltzman walks up to me and Damon. "Alaric saltzman, I'm the new history teacher."

"Damon...Salvatore" Damon says as they shake hands, not exactly wanting to talk

"Salvatore? As in Stefan?"

"that's my little brother, I'm his guardian" they talk a little about Stefan and his attendance, ha

"you live here your whole life?"

"off and on, travel a bit"

"really? Where?...around the states?" what is this? 20 questions? Damon just looks at him. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to pry. Nice meeting you"

"You too" then he walks off, me and Damon just look at each other

"that was really suspicious" I say

"I know. Very." Damon says, "but let's worry about that later. Let's dannce!" he says..pulling me to the dance for

We have one more dance then I have to use the bathroom. "I'll be right back." I leave the gym to find the nearest bathroom. That's when I'm grabbed, I kick and try to scream but this person has my mouth covered. I'm dragged into a dark hallway and he keeps his hand tightly around my wrist.

"don't scream!" he warns, "I'll kill you"

That doesn't scare me, it just pisses me off. "what the hell is wrong with you prick?!" I yell at the guy

"you're gonna help me get your friend, Elena" he says with a stupid smile. Oh shit, it's the vampire.

"no, I'm not" I threaten

"either I have Elena or I kill you. Now shut up" he takes out his cell phone. "hello Elena. Leave the gym immediately or I kill your best friend"

"ELENA! DON'T!" I scream loud enough for her to hear, then he hangs up the phone.

"DIDN'T I SAY DON'T SCREAM? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?"

"what do you want with Elena?"

"why aren't you more afraid?"

"Because I know Damon and Stefan Salvatore are going to kill you" I smile. Then I look down the hall and see Elana coming towards us. "ELENA! RUN!" she doesn't listen to me, she comes closer and the vampire let's me go. Then me and Elena take off running. We try a bunch of different exits and they're all locked so we head into the cafeteria.

"I've about had it up to here with this vampire crap!" I say, lifting my hand above my head to show my level of frustration. "vampires are drawn to you, Elena"

"I could say the same about you" she catches her breath. "Damon, Logan-"

"enough!"

Then out of nowhere the vampire is here, ready to bite Elena. "ahhhhh!" she screams. I pick up a pencil and stab him in the back, making him stop. Elena tries her best to snap a broom in half and tries to stab him, it failed and he throws it away like it's nothing. We continue our semi-assault on him until he pushes me, launching me into a table. I stay down, hurt. He stalks Elena backing her into a wall, I can't do anything but scream. "ELENA!!"

"hey dickhead!" I hear Damon's voice, thank god. He distracts the vampire and Stefan is here rushing him to the ground. Damon then tosses Stefan the broken broomstick and comes to my side.

"are you alright?" Damon asks, helping me up

"just peachy" I mumble

"you're bleeding." Damon says, staring at my leg

"you should go"

"no, I'm okay" Damon takes the scarf out of my hair and wraps it around my leg, thankfully the wound isn't deep at all. He helps me up and we walk over to Stefan, Elena, and the vampire, who is getting stabbed in the stomach by Damon.

The conversation is shifted to Katherine and I tune it out completely. Basically, Damon wants to know how to get into the tomb and the vamp finally tells him, but refuses to tell him who he's working with, so Stefan stakes him.

"why did you kill him? He could of-" Elena starts

"he was invited in, Elena." Damon tells her. "he had to die"

"well that's enough vampire drama for one day. I'm going home" I say

"I'll take you" Damon says

I give Elena a hug then me and Damon leave. He drives me home and the ride is pretty silent.

"How's your leg?" he breaks the silence

"it hurts a bit, I just need to clean it"

Damon nods his head and he soon pulls into my driveway. I expect him to leave but he walks me inside and we go upstairs. "where's the fam?" Damon asks

"Justin's at dads, I assume Rachel's here and mom...who knows" I say, taking off my dress and heading Into the bathroom. I grab the alcohol and pour it on my leg, it stings a bit as it fizzes, cleaning the cut. After I clean my cut, I brush my teeth and wash off my make up.

"what are you doing?" I ask Damon as I enter my room. He's laying on my bed looking at something.

"looking at pictures" he says, holding them up

"you went through my stuff?!" I yell, throwing the pink and white dog he bought me at him

"yes I did" at least he's honest. I put on a tight black tank top and a pair of aerie boyfriend boxers before climbing into bed next to him. I take a look at the pictures, mostly of me and Elena and some of our friends. Me and Elena are definitely the wildest ones out of the bunch.

"this your ex-boyfriend?" Damon asks, showing a picture of me and Tyler

"Yup, that's him" I say. He then looks at pictures of us and takes one

"This is my favorite." he says, holding up one of me on his lap, kissing his cheek. "I'm taking it"

I nod my head. "thanks for not attacking my leg earlier"

"Don't mention it". I get under the covers and lay my head on the pillow. "you can let yourself out whenever"

"or.." he kicks off his shoes. "I could stay"

"Damon, I don't think that's a good idea"

"relax" he grins. "we won't do anything you secretly want to do"

"ugh, bastard"

"mmhm." he tosses off his shirt and lays down next to me "goodnight"