Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Isn't This What You Wanted?

"Stefan!" I run into the Salvatore house without knocking and and unexpected. "Stefan!" I yell his name again. As I run upstairs I find both Stefan and Damon, looks like their having some issues. But this is way too important. "Stefan! Have you seen-"

"I mean this sincerely. I hope Elena dies." Damon tells his brother before walking out of the room.

He hopes Elena dies?

I take a deep breath. "You don't know where Elena is either?" I ask Stefan

"I was out all night looking for her." Stefan says. "I know who took her but not where she is"

This isn't good.

"who took her?"

"you know Jeremy's friend, Anna?"

"short little thing? Yeah."

"she's a vampire, she took her."

"I can't find Bonnie either, Stefan. You have to get them back"

"You think Bonnie's with her?" I just nod my head at the question, they have to be together

"I'm trying to get Damon's help, he might know where Anna's staying but he doesn't care"

"wasn't Elena helping him get Satan back?"

"there was an incident last night"

"a betrayal?"

"but it wasn't Elena's fault, it was mine"

"well screw Damon." I tell him, knowing very well Damon can hear me. "you don't need him." I hope I'm right, but I have confidence that Stefan will get them both back safe.

Stefan gets a call from Anna. She has both Bonnie and Elena. She needs Emily's grimwar, a witches cookbook; she expects Bonnie to open the tomb. But I know Bonnie, she's not gonna help them. But why would she want it open? Who does she want?

"what are you gonna do?" I ask Stefan

"I don't know" he thinks for a second. "but I'll figure it out"

Stefan leaves, going who knows where. I begin to leave also, I'm so worried about my best friends.

"leaving so soon?" Damon asks with a grin

"I have no reason to stay"

"I'm here"

"I don't care, you're cold and heartless."

"ouch!" he puts his hand on his chest, "talk about being cold"

"After Elena unwillingly helped you get one step closer to getting that manipulative bitch back, you turn around and say you hope she dies because of something that wasn't her fault? Screw you, Damon."

I turn around to walk away and he's right in front of me within seconds, cornering me against a wall. "that wasn't very nice"

"I'm not afraid you of" I push him away from me

"I trusted her, she betrayed me"

"I don't care. You're lucky she helped you at all"

I decide to head to the grill, getting my mind off things. I know Stefan can take care of this, Elena and Bonnie will be just fine. Tyler is shooting pool, Matt's talking to him while on the job

"what are we talking about, boys?" I ask

"duke's party" Ty says "you going?"

"that's tonight? Of course, he's such an ass though"

"but he knows how to throw a party" Matt says

Matt gets back to work and Caroline walks in. "have you seen Elena or Bonnie? I've been blowing up their phones about the duke party"

"no. I don't know where they are"

"hm, weird. Anyway, ready for this party tonight?"

"yup, can't wait."

I need some fun, I need to get drunk; drunk and fun go hand in hand. I get something to eat with Caroline, Stefan calls to let me know he found Elena and Bonnie and they're okay, thank god.

As night falls, I get ready for the party. Elena and Bonnie aren't going because tonight's the night. As in, Bonnie and her grams agreed to open the tomb for Damon. Whatever.

I find myself deep in the woods, hanging with Tyler, Caroline, and Matt; drinking beer. I must say, seeing Matt and Caroline together is pretty weird but it's not horrible.

"hey Elena!" Caroline says. I turn and see her walking up with Damon. I thought they were-oh that's right, the remains of Fell's Church isn't very far from here.

"Uh, hey guys" Elena says, a little uneasy. I don't say anything, just waiting for them to pass by. Matt tries to be friendly with Damon, but that doesn't turn out well.

"there's a reason we haven't met" Damon tells Matt. "we're going this way" he tells Elena.

Elena gives me a sympathetic look as they start to walk by, but Damon turns around. "come." he tells me

"you're crazy if you think I'm going with you"

"i need moral support" he explains "and leverage"

Leverage? Isn't Elena enough leverage? "no, I'm good really." I end up being dragged along anyway, who knows? He might actually need me, I tell myself.

We walk until we reach Stefan, Bonnie, and grams. He greets them in a Damon-like way and we get this show on the road. They light candles and start reciting this spell in a different language. I've decided once Damon goes into the tomb, I'm leaving. I'd rather not meet Katherine.

It works, the spell works. The tomb is opened and Stefan goes up to get the flame thrower. He's letting Katherine go but setting the other vampires on fire.

"okay let's go" Damon says to Elena

"what?" she asks

"what? You think I'm going in there so you can seal me in"

"you better not take her!" grams warns, "I'll bring the walls down on you"

"you will if I don't"

"fine, I'll go." Elena says reluctantly

"Damon, take me. Not Elena." I offer myself up

"No, Savannah" he tells me "I don't want you to see what's down there"

That was sweet yet twisted, considering he still drags Elena down there. I'm about to make my exit until grams informs Bonnie that they aren't coming out.

"what do you mean?" I ask

"none of the vampires are getting out of there." she tells me

Elena's human, she can get out. Damon...Damon's gonna be stuck down there, for all eternity. "no! You can't do that! He has to get out!" I start to cry instantly. The idea of Damon being stuck down there forever, the life being sucked out of him, being starved nearly to death scares me. "Bonnie" I plead to her

"she's right grams"

Then Stefan finally comes back, confused to see Elena not here and me crying. "what's wrong? Where's Elena?" grams informs Stefan that she didn't break the spell, but simply opened the door. He makes the decision to go in when he hears Elena scream.

"STEFAN!" me and Bonnie both yell

Bonnie makes it a mission to get the spell down while grams protests, I can do nothing but cry...now they're both stuck down there.

"I'll do it myself then!" Bonnie yells

Elena exists the tomb with Stefan behind her. He can't get passed the door, like a house he hasn't been invited in to.

"Stefan...what are you doing?" Elena asks

"we're gonna fix it" Bonnie says

"you went in there not knowing if you could get out?" she asks

"I heard you scream"

"you have to hurry, we don't know how long we'll be able to hold it" Bonnie tells Stefan before they start another spell

Stefan disappears into the tomb to get Damon and Katherine, but he has to hurry before the door is sealed and both of them are trapped down there. Elena wraps her arm around me for comfort.

"it's gonna be okay. They'll both get out" she tells me but I think she's trying to convince herself also. "Stefan! They can't hold it much longer!"

I can't take it anymore, they need to get out, Damon needs to get out. I run into the tomb, unknowing what I'm going to encounter. "Savannah, NO!" Elena screams at me

It's dark, I don't know where I'm going.I hear quiet noises and moans, almost like spirits. I don't stop though, I keep going until I hear Damon and Stefan's voices.

"I'm right behind you" I hear Elena whisper. I grab her hand, scared to death. We get closer to their voices and I hear Damon yelling.

"SHES NOT HERE!" Damon screams

"it's not worth spending all eternity down here!" Stefan argues

Oh my god. We finally reach them and my eyes meet Damon's. "Damon, please!" I beg him. He composes himself and follows us, we get out just before the door is shut.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Going into some place completely unknown. I could of been stuck down there myself if the door had shut before we made it out.

I look over at Damon, he doesn't have any emotion. Almost as if he's numb, he's heartbroken..she wasn't down there. My heart aches for him, I never wanted him to get hurt. I walk over slowly and wrap my arms around him

"I'm so sorry" I tell him. He doesn't say a word but I keep my arms tightly wrapped around him, he needs to know somebody cares...even if it isn't Katherine. Stefan may think Damon has no heart, no humanity...but he's wrong; he has a heart, it's just buried deep under all this hate he has on the surface, this just made it worse.

"isn't this what you wanted?" Damon finally says something

"I never wanted you to get hurt"

I don't go back to the party, I'm not in a party mood anymore. So I just go home. Damon's so heartbroken, I wish I could help him. There's not a quick fix for heartbreak, especially this kind.