Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I Turned Her

Me and Elena get to the Salvatore boarding house early Saturday morning. She's looking for Stefan of course and I'm going to check on Damon.

"Damon?" I call out into the room

He emerges from the bathroom in nothing but a pair of jeans. It looks like he's mostly there, just pretty wrecked from all the drinking and sulking he's been doing.

"you look-"

"dashing? Sexy? Irresistible?" he asks as he comes on to me

I push him away, "you look half decent. How are you?"

"better!"

He grabs a black button down shirt and puts it on. As he checks himself out in the mirror he tries to button it, failing miserably.

"you're so helpless, Damon" I walk over and fix his shirt for him. "you sure you're okay?"

"I'm still a little heartbroken"

"it's gonna take time-" I sigh

"enough about Katherine, she's so...1864."

"well then?" I ask as I finish his shirt

"you can mend my heart" he grins

I laugh at him; "you have to admit you have one first"

He doesn't say a word, as expected. Am I really supposed to believe he's over Katherine and I'm not just some second place prize?

"being with you isn't as simple as it looks." I tell him, "you're not just that really hot guy with good hair and a cool car, you're so much more...complicated than that. So much more."

"stop making excuses" he whispers, inching closer to me with every word.

"I'm not Katherine, Damon" I close my eyes and pretend he isn't an inch away from my face

"I want you."

Damon was as close as possible when his lips brushed against mine. I gave in; I pulled gently on his bottom lip with my teeth, bringing him even closer, making him kiss me. Here goes nothing...

"if I wanted Katherine back so bad, then I would just go for Elena" he reassures me. "Two birds. One stone. Really."

"so me and you are really doing this?" I ask him

"mmhm." he nods his head. "but I have this charity thing tonight-"

"Wait, you're being auctioned off? To the desperate housewives of Mystic Falls?" I almost laugh

"That's right"

"That's hilarious"

"You're not upset? Even a little jealous?"

"Of course not! They're all like 40, not much to be jealous of"

"Are you coming tonight?"

I nod my head. "I might even take pictures" I tease

I arrive at the grill with Elena and Stefan, wearing one of my hottest outfits to date: a tight, strapless light green dress, black lingerie underneath with killer black heels to match.

"so you and Damon are together?" Stefan questions

"finally right?" Elena smiles

"yes." I nod, Stefan gives Elena a weird look, he'll never approve.

"and you're okay with this?" he asks her

"well, I like when Savannah's happy, Damon makes her happy...in an odd twisted way."

"anyway!" I change the topic, "I can't believe Mr.. Saltzman is practically your step-dad"

"I know, it's pretty weird"

"have you talked to him yet?"

"no, it's kinda awkward. I don't know what to say."

I leave the two of them alone to go find Damon. He's sitting by the bar, drink in hand, of course.

"Wow." He raises his eyebrows

"I know. I look hot."

"Yes, now...lets go to the bathroom."

"Gross!" I smack his arm. "You're just gonna have to wait till later"

"I'm holding you to that."

While Damon gets ready to go on stage, I talk to Elana, Caroline, and Matt who is working tonight at the grill.

"He's already been hit on 5 times tonight" Caroline laughs

"Well, would you expect anything less?" Elena laughs, making Matt blush

"Actually. He should be doing better" I tease

"Leave it to you to shoot my ego down." Matt says. "But, its been really uncomfortable, so it wasn't really an ego boost."

Then Matt's mother, Kelly, walks in. When did she get back into town?! Me and Elena run up and hug her.

"Girls! Its been a while!" Kelly says. "I heard you broke Matty's heart, Elena."

Awkward. As she goes to make Caroiine feel uncomfortable, me and Elena go find a seat as the bachelor's are being announced.

"Your first day of dating and he's being auctioned off." Elena laughs

"It works out though." I look over at her. "I told him he could drain the lucky woman of all her blood."

"SAVANNAH!" Elena's eyes widen as she yells lowly.

"Haha. I'm kidding Elena. Wow, you should of saw your face."

"You're so not funny."

As the bachelor's introduce themselves, Damon talks about a woman named Isobel and calls her 'delicious', he directs it all towards Mr. Saltzman. Um, what the hell? Damon leaves the stage and I follow him, by this time I didn't even notice Elena not next to me.

"Damon. What the hell?" I ask, following him towards the bathrooms

"Oh, I was just screwing with him. He's been on my ass since we've met."

"You're such an asshole."

"Oh, shut up."

Damon pushes me against the wall lightly and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in close.

"Mmm. Can we leave yet?" He asks, breathing on my neck

"But you haven't even been auctioned off yet." I laugh

"Screw it."

Damon wraps an arm around my waist as we start to walk down the hall, we bump into Elena in the process.

"Whoa. You want a piece of me too?" Damon grins at her

Before I can tell him to stop, she starts yelling at him. "You enjoyed that didn't you? Rubbing it in Mr. Saltzman's face? Isobel was the name of my birth mother. Go ahead, laugh about how you killed her!"

Elena takes off, I almost go after her but Stefan says not to and he goes instead. I turn to face Damon. "You killed Elena's birth mother?" I feel horrible, its all she's been talking about for the past 2 weeks. Knowing she's dead is one thing, but knowing somebody you know killed her is another.

"Wait. She's...that's her mother?..What?" Damon asks confused.

"Alaric Saltzman's dead wife was Elena's birth mother. You apparently killed her." I tell him. "Did you?"

"I didn't know. I didn't even know Elena existed."

"So you did kill her?" I ask again

"Um. She's dead, only technically."

"What do you mean technically, Damon?"

"I turned her."

Damon turned Elena's birth mother into a vampire, oh she's just gonna love this. Poor girl can't escape it, everywhere she turns...vampires. Elena's mother is technically alive so I guess she can't stay mad at him forever? I decide to not let this news ruin our night and we head back to Damon's.