Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I Guess You're Changing Me.

I think things are finally starting to get back to normal. After the incident with Stefan and the tomb vampires, there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary happening, which is great! There's a Founder's Day Kickoff Party which I can't get out of, but my friends will be there so it shouldn't be too horrible.

"Damon, I have to go to school" I say as I try wiggling out of his tight grip

"I can take you" he whispers in my ear

"you take me, you're taking Elena. I'm supposed to give her a ride today"

"oh, fine"

"now let go of me so I can get ready"

Damon gives me a kiss before finally letting go and I roll out of bed. I take a quick shower and look for some clothes. I return from my closet and Damon's waiting

"ready?" he asks, holding out his hand

I nod my head and we head downstairs. I grab my car keys off the wall and toss them to Damon

"does mom know your boyfriend spends the night?" Rachel asks

"mom's always gone before I leave" I smirk. "does mom know you're planning on ditching?" I notice she isn't dressed yet

"Nope" She smiles

"Well what do you plan on doing today?"

"New boyfriend. Gonna find something fun to do"

"In Mystic Falls? Good luck."

Me and Damon leave and head to Elena's.

"you can borrow my car today, since ya know...yours is missing a window" I laugh. Of course I can laugh at it now

"thanks, babe" Damon laughs

We arrive at Elena's and I knock on the door. When the door is answered, it's by somebody I haven't seen in a while...John Gilbert.

"hello Savannah" he smiles "long time" then he looks over at Damon and gives him a strange look

I just roll my eyes, I don't like this guy much. He's not somebody I trust.

"I'm here for Elena" I say, walking past him and pulling Damon along with me. We go into the kitchen where Jenna is.

"Elena almost ready?"

"she'll be down in two minutes" Jenna smiles. Her smile turns to a frown when John walks into the room, Don't blame her.

"is your dad home today?" John asks me

"why?"

"official council business" he says as he eyes Damon

"don't know."

"Jenna, tell Elena we're outside waiting"

"I understand. No problem."

We walk out and wait for Elena. Damon leans against my car and pulls me in close

"who is he and what is his problem?" Damon asks

"his name is John Gilbert. He's Elena's uncle and hes an asshole. I don't trust him."

"so he just shows up?"

"last time I saw him was the funeral. But I don't know what he's doing here now"

We arrive at school and hang in the parking lot, Damon says there's a council meeting so who knows what's going on now.

"hey when's Bonnie coming back?" I ask Elena

"I don't know. I've only talked to her a few times, only get her voicemail when I call"

"I haven't talked to her much either. I hope she's dealing with the death okay"

Our conversation is stopped when we see Stefan driving up in a vintage red sports car. After he parks he gets out with a smug smile on his face, sunglasses included.

"is it just me..or is Stefan giving Damon a run for his money?" I ask as I check him out. Elena just smiles at me then walks over to him and I catch up with Matt.

"Hey Matt. How are things? Hows your mom?" I ask. Caroline found his sister during the bad rain storm, so much for the whole town thinking she ran away. I didn't like Vicki but I feel horrible for Matt.

"Hey Sav. Um, things aren't so bad and shes doing...okay." I give him a small smile. "I just wanna thank you...for everything. I know you hated Vicki, for obvious reasons. But Thanks for being there for me."

"Of course, Matt. You're one of my oldest friends. If you ever need anything, you know where to find me."

After school, I wait in the school parking lot for Damon to pick me up. Elena is getting a ride home with Stefan, Damon shows up a little late, but no worries.

"You're late." I say as I take off his sunglasses and slip them on.

"Did you know John Gilbert is on the founder's council?"

"Well, he is a Gilbert. What happened today?"

"Well he comes baring news about vampires. Said a blood bank from the next town over was missing a lot of blood."

"You don't think he suspects anything, do you?"

"He's sneaky, probably. Probably knows a lot more than he's telling."

Before I can say anything else, my phone goes off. I look at the I.D and its my dad.

"Hey father."

"Hope you don't have plans tonight."

"Why?"

"You're coming for dinner. We have to talk."

"Whatever it is, I didn't do it."

Dad laughs on the other end. "Relax. You're not in trouble. Bring your boyfriend."

I pause and Damon looks at me, no need to explain. I know he already heard the whole conversation.

"Why?"

"Well. I realized I don't know much about him. I know the Damon from the council, but not Damon my daughter's boyfriend. See you at 6."

Then the line went dead. I toss my phone back in my purse and let out a sigh.

"Why are you nervous?" Elena asks. "Damon is a perfect gentleman"

"Okay, I know that was a little snarky comment." I roll my eyes. I'm picking out an outfit for dinner and Elena is hanging with me. "I don't know. I...know your uncle is back in town and him and my dad talk...a lot."

"Do you think Uncle John knows Damon's a vampire?"

"I don't know. But if he does--I..I don't know. Plus, my dad said he wanted to talk to me but I'm not in trouble."

"Don't worry. Maybe he's just giving the typical 'be careful with my daughter' talk, nothing else."
"I hope so."

"Now, I have my own issue. Stefan." Elena says with a sigh

"What?"

"He's acting different. I just don't know when he'll be back to normal, I'm worried."

"He's acting like a slightly watered down version of Damon. Whats the worst that can happen?"

"I don't know. He hasn't had human blood in a long time, I don't know if he can control the craving."

"I'm sure he can, he's Stefan! He's too...good. But, I must say, this Stefan is really..fun."

"You would say that." After I find something to leave and get dressed, Elena leaves. As I wait for Damon, Rachel tells me a bit about her boyfriend. Is name is Aiden and he's 16. When me and Damon arrive, we're greeted by Amy.

"Hey guys. Come in, Damon." She says and we step inside. Damon just gives me a look, ya know that 'I've been invited in' look. "Dinner's just about done." Then she walks into the other room.

"She knows?" Damon whispers

"For a while."

"Care to share?"

"I told her when you...well you know what you did." I cringe at the memory. "She already knew actually, she's a witch."

"Oh god, another one?"

"Yes, and she's keeping your secret. So shut up."

We both put on smiles as Amy comes back into the room with Dad. Dad gives me a hug and then looks over at Damon, "Damon." He gives him a slight nod which Damon returns. "Are we gonna eat or what?"

During Dinner I try to get out of the party tomorrow but dad expresses the importance of our family being there because we're Cunningham's, one of the founding families. Damon and dad make small talk, nothing to be alarmed about. I guess Elena was right.

"Alright. Your mom wanted me to talk to you about your boyfriend" Dad finally says. How embarrassing!

"About what?"

"She's concerned that he's 21, I on the other hand don't care."

"Obviously, your girlfriends 26" Damon says, cracking a joke.

"Exactly!" Dad laughs. What the hell? "Anyway. She doesn't like that you spend most nights at his house doing 'god knows what', her words not mine. And for the most part, I think shes right. You have to be careful, with sex and all-"

Now I'm really embarrassed. I sink down in my chair a bit and put my hand on my forehead. "Dad. Mom doesn't know half the things I deal with, this is nothing to worry about. How come she isn't talking to me about this...alone?"

"She said you listen to me more. Which brings me to...Damon, what are your intentions with my daughter?" Dad says as he eyes Damon

Elena was definitely right, he was grilling Damon. This is what I get for wanting a little normal in my life. "Dad-"

"Its Okay, Savannah." Damon stops me. "Well, other than the obvious. Savannah is somebody I really care about and I have the utmost respect for her and her feelings." He speaks in a softer voice and focuses his attention between me and my dad. "She's a very sweet, kind, and loving girl. I love the way she makes me feel and I love everything about her. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her."

I'm stunned. Damon has said he cared about me, but I never expected anything like that to come out of his mouth. Dad gives him a knowing nod, meaning he respects him. After dinner, me and Damon head up to my room.

"I must say, I never got grilled by a parent before. It was...a whole new experience." Damon says, taking a seat on my bed and pulling me onto his lap

"I wasn't expecting that, but you did good obviously. Did you mean all of that?"

"Of course. Every word."

"I never thought I'd hear anything close to that come out of your mouth. Is Damon showing his hum-" He covers my mouth and I start to laugh

"I guess you're changing me"

"No." I shake my head. "Just bringing out the person that was in there all along" I poke his chest

Damon laughs and lightly bites my neck, I start to laugh. "Damon, stop" He shakes his head no and keeps at it, I push him away and hop off his lap. I run into the closet and Damon runs after me, tackling me to the ground, making a loud thud for sure. "Damon! My dads gonna yell!" I laugh, smacking his shoulder

"He likes me, I'm golden." I stick my tongue out and go to get up but Damon pushes me back down, sliding me underneath him. "Finally." He huffs. Damon softly kisses me and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down.

"Goodnight, Damon!" I hear my dads voice echo in the hallway, which means its time for him to leave.

"Come back later?" I ask. He nods and helps me up. We walk out of my closet, fixing our clothes from lying on the floor. Damon kisses me goodbye and he's out my door.

"Goodnight, Jake" I hear Damon say loudly with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.