Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

She Died For Nothing.

The Founder's Day Kick-Off party was boring. Well, some stuff went down. Like, John Gilbert knows Damon's a vampire, Damon killed him but his mysterious ring brought him back to life. We still don't know what he's doing back in town, but Damon's gonna find out. Stefan was a acting very out of the ordinary...yes, there was dancing. If you ask me, he could loosen up just a bit. Tyler made out with Matt's mom, Kelly, then him and Matt got into a serious fight.

"Okay. So what do we know?" Elena asks. Me, her, and Damon are talking in my room. Its early in the morning, but this was kinda important.

"Your uncle knows about me and Stefan, about the tomb, he actually knows Katherine. He's threatening to expose us."

"But what is he doing here?"

"I haven't figured it out yet." Damon rolls his eyes. "He's your uncle, why don't you do some prying?"

"Because I don't talk to him."

"Oh, and by the way. He's the one who sent your birth mother to me. So..if you're looking for somebody to blame...its him."

"What a great uncle he is." I say

Elena lets out a sigh. "Tell me about it."

"Well, I have to get ready for school. Just do what you do best. Try not to kill him."

"Already tried that." Damon smirks

I give Damon a kiss and send him on his way. Then I walk into my closet and strip off my PJ's.

"How's Stefan?" I call from the closet

"I'm worried about him. I don't think he can control it."

"What are you gonna do?" I ask as I return to my room in just a bra and underwear. I need to get fresh underclothes from my drawer.

"I don't--oh my god..Savannah...did Damon hurt you??"

Uh Oh. "What? No. Um.."

"Then what the hell is that!" She yells as she points to the bite mark on my stomach, and then the one on my inner thigh.

"Can I get dressed first?" I stall.

"Savannah-"

I ignore her and grab my stuff, disappearing into my closet. Now how exactly am I supposed to explain this to Elena? After I get dressed, I walk back into the room, Elena is staring at me.

"Savannah, is Damon hurting you?"

"Of course not."

"Then why are there bite marks on you! I should of known not to-"

Ugh. "He bit me because I told him to," I say rather quickly.

"What?! Are you stupid? I don't understand."

"I like it." I look away

"You what?"

"Like it..."

"So...you tell him to bite you and he just...does it?"

"Not exactly." I change the subject. "Do we have to talk about this? Like I was saying, how's Stefan?"

"Oh. We're talking about it, freak." She laughs.

"Okay, so..." I laugh it off. "Sometimes when we have sex..."

"He bites you?"

"Exactly."

"You freak. Wow, you two really are perfect for each other."

I laugh at her, at least shes not freaking out. We leave my house and head to school. We decide to walk today because we have plenty of time and its nice out. When we get to school we meet up with Stefan and we see that Bonnie is finally back. We both really missed her.

"Bon Bon!" I say happily

"Bonnie, we missed you" Elena says

"I missed you guys too." She says with a small smile

"So, who's excited for the pageant?" Caroline says

Pageant? That's right. For Founder's Day, there's a pageant to crown Miss Mystic Falls and the runner ups are her 'court'. We get to ride on a float and everything. Me, Elena, and Caroline signed up for that a while ago. With everything going on, it was easy to forget.

"I forgot all about that." I say

"Me too. It was so long ago."

"Well, practice starts tonight!" Caroline says happily

Which means I need an escort. I'm sure Damon wouldn't mind...hehe. Bonnie says she has to run. I can't help but notice its every time Stefan is around. Even in class today, she felt a little uneasy around him.

"So, we'll hang out later, Bon?" I ask

"Yeah. Actually, I'm going to the practice tonight to help out Caroline, see you there?"

"Sure. So glad to have you back!" I say as I give her a hug

Later, I head to Elena's to pick her up. We're going to Damon and Stefan's and then to the Lockwood's to learn the dances. I knock on the door and its answered by none other than, John Gilbert.

"Savannah. Come in." He says "Elena will be right down"

I give him a slight nod and wait in the foyer for Elena.

"So...how's the boyfriend?" I just look at him. What is he getting at? "Does your father know you're dating a vampire? Surely he wouldn't approve."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I huff

"Oh sure you do. You were right there when Damon snapped my neck and threw me off the balcony."

"You don't know what you're talking about. Damon is a hero to this town, you're the only one who doesn't seem to think so."

"Because I know what he is."

"You stay out of my life. All it takes is one word from me and Damon will kill you. For real this time."

Elena comes down and I proceed to leave with her. "Say hi to daddy for me." John says before I shut the door. I tell Elena all that happened as we head to the Salvatore Boarding House.

"Daaaamon." I call his name as I wrap my arms around him

"Why do I feel like you need something?"

"Because I do."

Damon turns me around and lifts me up on the desk, all in one swift motion. "Whats that?"

"Okay. There's this pageant I'm in and I need an escort. Since you're my boyfriend you have to take me."

"Miss Mystic Falls?"

"Uh uh."

"Ugh...dancing."

"Please."

"Fine." He grins. "There better be alcohol"

"Of course. Oh! Dance lesson's start right now!" I kiss him then hop off the desk. "Come on."

I pull him along and we head downstairs. At the Lockwood's, Mr. Lockwood reminds us that the first dance is a 'no physical contact' dance. But we make do, Damon does that sexy thing with his eyes and he drives me crazy, I make lots of gestures towards him. The only ones picking up on it are Elena and Stefan, who start laughing--which turns all the attention on us.

While dancing, Damon told me what John Gilbert wants. He came back for an invention, that kills vampires. Said if he helps him find him...his secret is safe. But is his life? Bonnie has been...avoiding us the whole time. Its strange. Just this afternoon she said we'd hang out a little, I wonder whats wrong.

"Bonnie ignoring you too?" Elena asks as everyone gets ready to leave

"Yeah. Its strange."

"Lets go talk to her."

Elena has to almost beg for a second of her time, its insane.

"I didn't know you and Damon were dating."

"Yeah. Few weeks." I tell her. "Are you okay, Bon?"

"Bonnie, you have to tell us whats wrong." Elena says

"Its not worth talking about."

"Please." I ask

"I can't pretend like everything's okay. Everything my grams did was to protect us from those vampires in the tomb and now they're out. She died for nothing."

"I'm so sorry Bonnie." Elena says

"Yeah. What can we do to make it better?"

"There's nothing. I blame him, Elena. Him and Damon" She looks at me. "I'm not gonna put you both in a situation where you have to choose sides."

Then she walks away from us.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask

"I don't know Savannah."