Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

She Didn't Mean It, But I Do.

Been a few days, Stefan's still locked in the basement. Me and Elena stay at their house most nights. The only time Elena's not here is when she's at school. I haven't talked to Bonnie since the pageant. I've been really upset, she doesn't wanna be friends with me or Elena because of Damon and Stefan. The last words she said to me was, "just please leave me alone"

"you okay?" Damon asks.

"I'm fine." I lie. We lay in bed before I have to leave for school, I'm not sure what time it is but I know Elena will come to get me.

"what is it?" Damon wraps an arm around me, pulling me close

"it's just Bonnie. She didn't want me choosing between the two of you, so she made the choice for me. She hasn't talked to me in three days."

"witches...judgey little things"

"Damon..."

"well...can I do anything to make it better?" he runs his hand down my side, resting it on my hip. "want me to talk to her?"

"no!" I almost laugh. "you stay away from her. We've been friends since we were 5, but if she really doesn't wanna be friends anymore then I have to deal"

"if you want your friend back-"

"don't say it, Damon" I knew what was coming next, he was gonna say I could choose her. "that's not happening"

"I don't want you to be sad"

"well I'll be more than sad if I'm not with you, idiot."

"why?"

"because I love you"

Damon looks me in the eyes, silent. Is he gonna say...anything?

"the last time I was told that-"

"she didn't mean it." I stop him. "but I do."

"I know you do... And I love you too"

Wow. I...wow. I was hoping those were the next words coming out of his mouth, but to hear him actually say it? blew me away. Damon hovers over me and I wrap my arms around him, pulling him close. Then his lips crash into mine. The kiss is slow, sweet, soft, and passionate...nothing like ever before.

"I have to get dressed" I say as I start to push Damon away. He pushes me back down, not saying a word. "Damon!"

Damon gives me a smile before kissing me once more. He slides his tongue in my mouth as his hands slide down to my thighs. I completely forget what I was doing and I pull him closer. His lips travel to my neck and my hands find a place on his back, Damon starts to bite me...normally, without breaking the skin. He let's out a growl before grabbing my wrists and pinning them above my head, showing his vamp face.

"I'm sorry!" I hear Elena's voice. "I knocked..I thought you were asleep"

We both slowly look at her and Damon's face turns back to normal.

"morning, Elena" I say

"I'm sorry!"

"it's okay. I didn't hear you knock"

"Um, you coming to school?"

"yeah"

I push Damon away and get out of bed. I grab my jeans off the chair and slip them on. Then I grab my shirt. I turn to see Damon lying on his back, hands behind his head.

"sure you're leaving?" he smirks

"yes!" I force myself to say. "I have school and you have to figure out what that little invention does"

I give Damon a kiss before walking out the door, me and Elena head to school.

"I'm really sorry" she starts to laugh

"no, don't worry about it. At least you walked in when you did and not a moment later. So how's Stefan?"

"I'm having hope for him today. He was asleep when I went to check on him before we left. Damon said he's gonna need blood tomorrow"

I just nod my head as I spot Bonnie. The three of us look at each other for a second before passing, not saying a word.

"I guess it's just us then" Elena says

"listen Lana. Me and you are gonna be best friends forever, no matter what happens."

"all we have is each other"

"yes. You're my ride or die bitch" I smile giving her a hug from the side. "Bonnie has her reasons, we have to respect them"

Elena gives me a nod as we head into school. My school day is pretty boring and it passes by like a blur. Before I know it I'm at my dad's house, getting more clothes.

"Savannah. Get down here." I hear my dad call me. Uh oh, I must be in trouble.

"Yes dad?" I ask as I come down the steps.

"Tell me. When's the last time you've been home?"

"Umm.. few days."

"You've been at Damon's?"

"Yes." I reply. "But with good reason!"

"Oh, I can't wait to hear it."

"Elena's boyfriend, Damon's brother. He's having a pretty rough time and we're just trying to be there for him, Elena's been staying every night too." Dad just gives me one of those looks, like it doesn't really matter what my reason is. "Don't worry. Its not like I'm shacking up with my boyfriend for the hell of it. Me and Elena even share a room."

"Now that I don't believe for a second, nice try though." He laughs. "But stay for dinner before you go back. You're lucky I like Damon."

I nod my head and dad gives me a smile. Now, if this were my mother, things wouldn't of went so smoothly. I return to my room to go through my clothes. After having dinner with dad and Amy, I go back over to Damon's.

"Hey, where's Damon?" I ask Elena, who's probably been here for a few hours now.

"He's in the other room. Still trying with that invention. Where were you?"

"Dad wanted me to stay for dinner. How's Stefan?"

"He's sulking. He won't talk to me. I sat down there for two hours. Not one word." She sighs

"Things are gonna be okay" I give her a reassuring smile. I'm almost certain things will be okay. I go off into the other room to see Damon, toying around with Jonathan Gilbert's invention.

"Hey you." I say walking over and kissing his cheek

"I give up." He says, not taking his eyes off the thing

"No luck today, huh?"

"None. Stefan being extra broody doesn't help either. It's annoying."

"Sure you're not just worried about him?" I tease

Damon finally shoots me a glace. "I'm sure."