Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

They're Bitches.

"You're the sweetest."

"You didn't see anything." I've been teasing Damon all morning about him and Stefan hugging. I didn't mean to say anything, but I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It was epic. "Don't you have school or something!"

"Yes." I roll my eyes, guess I have to go sometime or I'm never passing this year. "I'll leave you alone. See you later, boyfriend." Lucky for me, I only have a half day.

I crawl out of bed and slip on my shoes, Damon walks me to the door. "Now when I see you later, no more talk about your hallucinations. Okay?" I just smile at him, he can win...for now. When I arrive at home, I have enough time to shower and pick out another outfit. I leave my hair down in loose curls and put on some light makeup. I still manage to miss first period--Mr. Saltzman is gonna kill me.

"Do you really hate History that much? Or do you just not like listening to me talk?" I see Mr. Saltzman in between classes.

"Mr. S, you're my favorite teacher. I'm just--always distracted" I smile, "I'm still passing right?"

"You're barely in class." He laughs

"But I'm like..you're favorite student!"

"How do you figure?"

"Well, if I wasn't...you would of at least tried to kill my boyfriend again." I whisper. Mr. Saltzman laughs but he looks a little worried. "Is everything alright?"

"Actually, no. Have you seen Elena?"

"A little while ago. Everything okay?"

"If you find her, tell her we need to talk. No, everything's not okay." I give him a slight nod and I'm on my way. There's always something going down, I look around for Elena in between classes but I don't see her anywhere. After school, I find myself sitting outside at a table with Caroline and Matt. We're discussing plans for the Founder's Day parade.

"Trust me, Caroline. Our float is gonna look amazing." I say

"Good. Remember, I need you, Elena, and Bonnie bright and early tomorrow to help work on it."

"Ugh. A Saturday though?"

"Duh!" She makes a hilarious face, "A Saturday! Don't bail on me, I need you."

"I won't I promise."

Me, Elena, and Caroline get to ride on a special float along with Tina Fell. Miss Mystic Falls and her court. Mr. Saltzman's class is doing a reenactment of The Battle of Willow Creek for their float. There will be cotton candy and funnel cake, and I get to wear a corset. Its things like these that actually make this town cute.

"Anyway, I have to go meet Bonnie. You guys still aren't talking?"

"Unfortunately, no."

Matt and Caroline went on their way. I'm about to leave myself, but I see Damon walking towards me. He takes a seat down next to me.

"Hey babe."

"What are you doing here?"

"Hmm..I missed you." Damon pulls me closer, "Thought I'd pick you up." I nod my head with a smile as he leans in for a kiss. "Come on."

"Wait...I need to find-" I'm cut off from my cell phone going off. I dig in my purse, a text from Elena. 'I need you. Mr. S class.' I shove my phone back into my purse and get up, "Come on."

When me and Damon arrive, we see Mr. S in here with Elena and Stefan. Elena looks uneasy, we're filled in on the situation. Elena's birth mother, Isobel, who is also a vampire is in town...and she's demanding a meeting with her. I go to Elena's side and wrap my arms around her for comfort.

"Elena, you don't have to do this if you don't want to." Damon tells her

"No, she's threatening to kill the people in town." She informs us. Why does everyone want to kill us? "But I have to, for myself."

"Okay. But take Stefan with you." I tell her

I wait outside the Mystic Grill with Damon and Alaric. Elena's inside, meeting Isobel with Stefan not too far away.

"We should be in there!" Damon says

"Oh no. You're staying put buddy. You heard the woman."

"Yeah Damon, we go in there, she starts killing people." Alaric says

"What? I'm not gonna kill her in a crowd of people!"

"You're not gonna kill her at all, she's my wife!"

Oohh, some tension here. Damon explains to Alaric about how vampires can turn off their emotions, their humanity. Alaric said he saw nothing in Isobel's eyes, that she was cold. Even though Damon kills people, he has a shred of humanity. That's what I've been telling him for the last couple of weeks, he hates hearing it.

"Why do you put up with him?" Alaric asks

"I don't put up with him, I choose to be with him. Because I love him"

When Elena finally exits the grill, she tells me everything while Stefan fills Damon in. She was horrible. A ruthless, bitch. Alaric was right, she is cold. She's after the invention John Gilbert is after, which is the only reason she's here, it has nothing to do with wanting to meet her daughter. She's threatened Elena, if she doesn't get what she wants, she's gonna start killing people--the people she loves.

"She hurt Elena! That bitch is gonna-"

"Calm down" Damon puts his hands on my shoulders but I throw them off, my anger getting the best of me

"That cold hearted bitch wants Elena to get that stupid invention from you. I have no idea why because, she herself is a vampire. How can she expect her to do this when it could kill you and Stefan?! YOU'RE NOT GIVING IT TO HER! Do you understand?" Damon's arms wrap around me tight as he starts to calm me down. "I hate vampires."

"Hey!"

"Not you! Only the bitches. I hate female vampires, because they're bitches."

"You got that right. But don't worry, I'm not giving the invention to her. We'll just have to figure out something else."

"Good." I finally wrap my arms around him, "Because I'm not losing you."

"And I'm not losing you."

Damon kisses my forehead and we stand there in silence for a few moments. I can't even bare the thought of losing Damon, it's not happening. I'll find the invention and destroy it myself before I let that happen. "You have to do something."

"What?"

"Go. Go find where Isobel is staying, I know Elena's like your sister. If you can't kill Isobel, then at least threaten her for hurting her-"

"She said if Elena doesn't give it to her, she'll go after people she loves. You're her best friend."

"But she doesn't even know me-"

"She's a vampire. She knows everything if she's smart. She knows everything about Elena and everything about all her friends. Who do you think she's coming after when she's finished with Jenna and the kid brother?"

"Damon-"

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to either of you. I'll be back."

"Where are you going?"

"Me and Isobel are gonna have a talk."