Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Done.

I forgot how comfortable my own bed was. So comfortable that I don't wanna get out of bed, though I have to. Damon is next to me of course, which makes it all the more comfortable. I try to wiggle out of his grip but he doesn't move, not an inch. So I give up and rest my head against his chest.

"Morning" Damon mumbles

"you're strong" I tell him as I poke his chest. Damon leans his head down, revealing a cocky grin.

"I'm a vampire" he says before doing that sexy thing with his eyes, I just grin at him.

"I have to leave soon. I have to work on that float with Caroline"

"Nooo" he groans, "do you know what time it is?"

"Caroline said bright and early"

"Savannah Cunningham doesn't do bright and early"

"you know me all too well."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the current situation at hand. With Isobel and Elena and Damon and that stupid invention and stupid John Gilbert. I don't want it falling into the wrong hands as in John Gilbert's hands. I don't even care if Isobel starts killing off the towns people one by one, I only care about Damon's safety.

"what's on your mind?" Damon whispers

"you." I tell him, "and that stupid invention. "

"you're worried about me, huh?"

"of course. I don't know what's gonna happen-"

"I'm not giving her the invention"

"I know. But what if-"

"not gonna happen"

"I know." I take a breath, I worry a lot lately. But I have good reasons, things in Mystic Falls are weird. "I'm just afraid of something happening to you, I'd rather take your place"

Damon shakes his head. "your life is much more valuable than mine" Damon whispers to me as he hovers over me. "I would never let you give your life to save mine"

"I-I can't live without you, Damon"

"then it's not very fair to make me live without you, is it?" Damon brushes the few strands of hair out of my face before kissing me, "I love you Savannah"

"I love you too, Damon" Damon lean down for another kiss until...moment ruined. My door pops open, mother.

"I didn't know you were home" she says as she holds up the laundry basket, as in her reason for being in here. "or had company"

"well good morning to you, Ms. Cunningham" Damon says with a grin.

"don't give me that smug look and sarcastic attitude as you lie in bed with my daughter" she huffs

Damon goes to say something else but I cover his mouth quickly. 'bite your tongue' I mouth to him.

"anyway. Should be a fun week for you, your cousins are in town visiting. Just arrived this morning."

"shoot me"

"makes me glad I'm not married to your father anymore. Enjoy them sweetheart."

"all week?" I groan

"all week." mom answers before shutting the door. Grr, my cousins..ugh. Something I totally don't need to deal with right now

"what's wrong? Isn't this town all about family?"

"it is, but they get on my nerves. Chris, he's cool but he's also a jerk because he knew the big founding families secret before any of us. Allison is a little snot nose. And Madison...she makes Caroline look like a saint. She's a manipulative little bitch"

"can't wait to meet them" he laughs

"manipulative bitch? Hey, you might like Madison"

Damon just smirks and then smacks me in the head with a pillow. "no, I've moved up to the kind hearted bitch"

I just nod my head in agreement with a laugh. "hell, she makes the old me look like a saint"

"tell me about the old you and what happened to her. I'm sure the old me would of loved to meet her"

"the new you would love to meet her." I smirk at him, "she met you and Stefan and got thrown into a world of supernatural and things she didn't think were possible. The old me went to a lot of parties, drank a lot. Skinny dipped in the lake, went streaking with Caroline, snuck out of the house all the time. Learned how to work a stripper pole-"

"a stripper pole?!"

I laugh. "me and Elena, we knew this bartender who worked at the club outside of town. During the day he used to let us come in and well, practice on it...fully clothed of course"

"I can actually picture you doing that. But Elena? She's so.."

"then a lot of stuff changed when her parents died. Few months later the vampires came along. That's when you popped into my life"

Damon nods his head as I look at the clock. Grr, I need to start getting ready. I go to get up but Damon lightly pushes me down

"Damon. I have to get ready"

"ugh. Caroline needs to understand, morning time is Damon time. Night time is Damon time and various times throughout the day are Damon-"

I shut him up by kissing him. I pull him down closer, Damon's mouth moves from my lips to my jawline to my neck. He kisses lightly and my phone starts to ring! It's in Damon's hand before I reach for it

"Savannah's phone" he looks at me with those sexy eyes then hands the phone to me, "it's for you. Mystic queen." I grab the phone and Damon goes back to my neck..ohh this isn't gonna go to good.

"hey Caroline" I say as I try pushing Damon off me

"tell me you're at least on your way. I just arrived at school, everybody but you, Matt and Tyler are here!" Damon starts to suck roughly on my neck as I try my best to wiggle away, even though I don't want to. "tell Damon this isn't morning quickie time, this is Caroline time!"

I try pushing him away more and when I do, I see the lust in his eyes as Caroline keeps going on and on. "I'm coming! I'm coming!"

"you better be and not in a bad-" I hang up on her and turn back to Damon. He has a grin on his face but I frown.

"I promised Caroline"

"fine. He sighs, "you sure?"

"no...I mean yes! Damon stop doing that eye thing!"

Damon laughs and gives in, he let's me go. I roll out of bed and get dressed. This float better look fan-fucking-tastic. I'm giving up my Saturday and hot sex with my boyfriend just for it.

"so your ancestor didn't really invent anything? Emily just put spells on all the devices?" I ask
Elena as we stand outside

"yeah. Bonnie showed me Emily's spell book."

"how'd you get her to talk to you anyway?"

"at the grill, she saw I was upset about Isobel...then she just completely ignored me. Then this morning, she came over and apologized. Maybe things will be okay between the two of you"

"well I'm done breaking my neck to get her to talk to me. If she does, she does. If not...It's only one less friend."

Elena nods. She still doesn't know what she's gonna do about this whole mess.

"hello Elena." we turn around only to he standing face to face with Isobel.

"You should go" Elena says to me and I nod

"No. Stay, Savannah." Isobel says. Damon was right, she does know me. "I'm just here to make sure you do as told"

"how do you know her name?" Elena asks

"she's your best friend. Best friend since diapers, I know everything about Savannah Cunningham. 17 years old, the 'hot girl' in school, cheerleader. You're dating the other Salvatore brother, Damon, he's your everything. You're from a founding family, one of the richest here. You dated Tyler Lockwood over there" she says as she points his way, "Your parents wanted you to get married. You live with your mother, sister Rachel, and brother Justin. But you'd rather live with your father cause you know...'he understands you'." this bitch won't shut up. "oh, Katherine would love you. I don't know how she'll take it though, knowing somebody else finally stole Damon Salvatore's heart." I'm completely mortified

"stop it" Elena says through her teeth

"should I start on the witch?"

"what do you want?"

"I wanna make sure I get what I want. Because if I don't, I will do things. I'll do things to Jeremy, and to Savannah and Bonnie and to your ex boyfriend Matt."

She has people with her, two guys around the field. He makes the float drop on Matt as he's working under it, "MATT!" there's chaos for a moment as the guys work to get it off his hand. Then Stefan comes in with his superhuman strength and saves him

"I also have Jeremy. He'll be left unharmed as long as you get the device from Damon"

Me and Elena run off to see how Hurt Matt is. Or at least I try to but Isobel stands in my way.

"leave me alone. If you touch me, Damon will kill you"

"I don't doubt that." she speaks in a softer voice, "I won't tell Katherine about you. She's ruthless, there's no telling what she'd do to you."

"why would she care? She hurt him, not the other way around."

"I don't know that much about her. But, she wants what she wants. She'd rather see him searching for her and miserable than happy with someone else. But, right now, we both want what's best for Elena. Convince her to give me the invention"

"no, we don't. She's my best friend, i always want what's best for her. But you, you come into this town and demand things from her or else there's consequences. I'm not helping you with anything, especially something that will get my boyfriend killed"

"fine. But know this, as long as there's a Salvatore on each of your arms...there's always going to be trouble"

Then within a blink of an eye, she's gone. I'm left there, stunned. Trying to process everything that woman just said to me. She has Jeremy, Elena has no choice but to give her the invention. But she can't, knowing it will kill Stefan. Then there's Katherine...I forgot all about her

"are you okay?" I jump a little. Stefan scared me.

"yeah."

"I heard everything"

"everything from where?"

"from when she started telling your back story" Stefan says, "do you want me to take you to see Damon?"

"please"

The ride to the Salvatore Boarding House is silent. When we arrive, Stefan walks me in.

"what's wrong?" Damon asks, taking me on his lap and wrapping his arms around me

"she showed up at school."

"what did she want?"

"she wanted to make sure Elena was doing her part. Then she told me things about myself, you were right. She knows I'm a cheerleader, who my ex boyfriend is, she even knows who Justin and Rachel are-"

"nobody is touching Justin and Rachel. She wants to go after Elena's family, there's no reason to go after yours"

"then she mentioned her"

"and 'her' is?"

"Katherine."

"what she say?"

"she said Katherine would love me. But didn't think she'd be happy that somebody else finally stole your heart. Then she said she wouldn't tell her about me, because she's ruthless and who knows what she'd do."

"is that all?" I can tell by the look in Damon's face that he's pissed already. He would loved nothing more to rip Isobel's heart out

"she said Katherine would rather see you searching for her and miserable than happy with somebody else. Then she said, as long as me and Elena are with the two of you, we'll always have trouble"

There's silence among the room. I look at Stefan and see his face harden, he takes things like this more to heart than Damon does. "maybe she's right-"

"Stefan, no, she's wrong. Now go back to Elena."

Stefan nods his head. "she has Jeremy. She knows that's the only way she'll get the device"

Stefan walks out of the room and we sit there in silence. "I'm gonna kill her-" Damon says as he starts getting up, I pull him back down on the chair

"just stay with me, please. Now I'm really afraid to be alone"

Damon nods his head and pulls in in close, despite wanting to go after Isobel. "Katherine's not coming here, she's not gonna kill you." he tries to reassure me, "even if she did try, I would kill her myself before she even got the chance. I promise you that"

I just nod my head and cuddle against his chest. I believe Damon, I know he wouldn't let anything happen to me. But there's also a very small part of me that questions what he'd actually do if he did see her again. She was a big part of their lives and she still is, she's the one who turned them. Even though Stefan acts like he doesn't care anymore, I know he feels the way Damon does.

"how long was I asleep?" I ask Damon as my eyes slowly open

"about two hours. You feel okay now?"

"I guess so"

"DAMON!" we hear two separate voices call, Stefan and Elena.

"Ugh. Let's go see what they want" Damon wraps an arm around me and kisses my temple as he walk into the other room. The third person I'm surprised to see here is Bonnie, she doesn't like Stefan and Damon, especially Damon.

"wait. You want me to give you the device so you can give it to Isobel, so John can turn around and kill me? I don't think so"

"Damon, what else am I supposed to do?" Elena pleads, "she's threatening everyone I love and she has Jeremy!"

"Elena! No, it's not happening." I argue

"there's a spell on it, Bonnie can break it."

"I don't trust you. I tried to kill you" Damon says to Bonnie

"that's right, you can't trust me" Bonnie speaks her first words of the night

"I don't trust her neither" I blurt out, Bonnie looks almost hurt.

"Savannah, this is Bonnie we're talking about" Elena argues

"I know it's Bonnie. But the last conversation we had was about Damon and Stefan and how she blamed them for what happened. How am I to know she's not just-"

"Savannah. We've been friends since we were five. I know I hate him, but I wouldn't betray your trust." Bonnie speaks softly

"Damon please" Elena pleads again

"don't, Damon" I tell him

"she has Jeremy." Elena begs to me and Damon

I look at Damon and he rolls his eyes, probably saying 'Dammit' in his head. He grabs the device and hands it to Elena, "I'm trusting you"

"if something happens to him and it's because of you. You better run because there is not one spell in the world will save you, I promise you that."

Bonnie nods her head as she starts the breaking of the spell. I stand in the corner, holding Damon's hand as the four of us watch her. Damon doesn't trust Bonnie but he trusts Elena, which is the only reason why he gave up the device. Within seconds the flames go down, "done"