Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Founder's Day.

Founder's Day! The parade is today and I'm getting dressed as we speak. At the moment, mom is helping me with my corset, this shit is friggin tight! But it does look good.

"my god, women really wore this in the 1860s?" I ask, "I can barely breathe"

"well, you know what they say, pain is beauty." Me and mom have been working towards repairing our relationship. She's home more often for Justin and Rachel and we get along much better. I know the divorce was hard on her and she didn't know how to cope, she also didn't want us to see her weak.

"pain isn't the problem" I laugh, "oxygen is"

"don't forget your spare pair of clothes. You don't wanna be walking around in that dress all day and night"

"very true"

The town looks all cute and festive, I guess small towns really take pride in things like this.

"wow! You look hot!" Damon grins as his arms wrap around me

"take a good look, this is coming off the first chance I get"

"we can take it off now-"

I push my hand in Damon's face and laugh. When we see Stefan and Elena, we walk over to them. Ever since Stefan's...I'll call it a relapse and the whole brotherly hug, the Salvatore brothers have been nice to each other. It's actually pretty sweet.

"hey Lanabear"

"hey Sav" Elena smiles

"sorry. But I look hotter" I tease her

Elena laughs, "only a select few can rock a corset and still look graceful"

I laugh at her, "you know I'm totally kidding"

As the parade starts, we take our rightful places on the float. Caroline is with Matt, me and Elena are with Damon and Stefan of course and I have no idea who Tina Fell is with.

"okay. I say we change" I tell Elena after we're off the float

"I'm with you on that one"

We head into the school, it's the only place open around town we're aloud to go in. It's dark...

"Elena I'm scared" I'm almost serious

"you went into a dark tomb with half dead vampires and you're scared of a half lit school?"

"yes!" i laugh

We head into the girls locker room and flip the lights on. We get out of the dresses and I feel like I can breathe again! Once we're dressed we head out to find our boyfriends. Why is Damon talking to Bonnie?

"i know you hate me and you still did it. You saved my life, thank you"

"I didn't do it for you-"

"I know that. You did it for Savannah and Elena. Doesn't mean I'm not grateful"

I walk over, linking arms with Damon. I give Bonnie a small smile before we walk away.

"that was nice of you" I smile at him

"do you always have to point everything out?"

"mhm! You have a really good heart, Damon"

"ugh! Stop it" he groans

"nope. I speak the truth" I tease him. Damon retaliates by lifting me up, upside down in the air. "Damon! Put me down!" I laugh. We draw some attention to us, mostly aww's from the adults and glares from the girls my age.

"not until you stop with the lies" I can hear the grin in his voice

"guess my bloods just gonna rush to my head."

Damon gives in and puts me down, wrapping his arms around me in the process, "you know I love you right?"

I smile and nod my head, "you better"

I look over and see Elena trying to talk to Jeremy. He's been an ass to her lately, he knows about the whole vampire thing and can't understand all she wants to do is protect him. Elena walks away, defeated.

"what the hell is your problem, Jer?" I can't just stand by while he's being rude to her

"I have a right to be pissed off!"

"you have no idea what you're talking about! Vicki's death wasn't her fault, Elena was trying to protect you from all of this-"

"oh yeah? Then who's fault was it?"

That's when Damon cuts in, "mine." he starts, "I turned her, then Stefan killed her when she tried to bite Elena. If you want some one to blame, it's us." Damon's on a roll, first with Isobel, then earlier with Bonnie and now with Jeremy.

Jer says nothing and he starts to walk away, but turns back, "have you seen Anna?"

"I haven't. If I do, I'll send her your way"

Anna, Pearl's daughter. She kidnapped Elena that one time, but she really just wanted her mom back. Elena doesn't like that they talk, but she's harmless to Jeremy. I know she won't hurt him. We walk around town a while, spending time with Elena and Stefan until nightfall comes and we break away.

"hey Rachel" I hug my little sister, "you okay?"

"yeah. Hey guys. I just kinda wish Aiden was here. Seeing all these couples, it sucks"

"I'm sorry. At least you have Madison" I grin

"oh please! I'm trying to get away from her! She's trying to get us hooked up with these guys"

I laugh at her and then we see Anna, "Damon!" she says urgently

"look. Keep her out of trouble, okay? But don't hook up with any random guys, you hear me?"

"whatever you say." I follow Damon over to where Anna's at. Looks like serious business, seriously?

"the vampires from the tomb. Their planning an attack tonight on the founding families" I hold onto Damon's hand as soon as the words 'founding families' leave her mouth.

"how do you know this?"

"I went to them, they think I'm with them. They're still really pissed off."

"when is this gonna happen?" I ask, afraid to know the answer

"when the fireworks start"

"Jeremy was looking for you. Please, keep him safe"

Damon pulls me along. I can't even process my thoughts, I have to make sure Rachel and Justin are safe. And dad, and my uncles, and Chris, Allison and even Madison.

"Damon-"

I stop when my phone rings, it's my dad.

"sav, where are you?"

"I'm with Damon, the-"

"listen. I want you to go home, don't let anybody in the house, you hear me?" does he already know about the attack?

"okay..what about Justin and Rachel?"

"Chris took them and the other kids back to my house. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too dad"

When I hang up, we're with Elena and Stefan. He's filling them in on what's going on. I hope Tyler and Caroline are in a safe place also.

"go with Stefan, I'll meet up with you"

"no, Damon." I pull on his arm. "I wanna stay with you"

"stay with Stefan. He'll keep you safe"

"where are you going?"

"to find Alaric." Damon's arms wrap around me tight. "we won't let anything happen to you. I love you"

"I love you too"

He let's me go and I walk off with Stefan and Elena. "we have to get somewhere safe before the fireworks start"

Then all of a sudden, Stefan falls down. Clutching his head. "oh my god, ahhhrrgggg!"

Oh. My. God.