Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

1864 All Over Again.

Then all of a sudden, Stefan falls down. Clutching his head. "oh my god, ahhhrrgggg!"

"oh my god! What's happening to him?" I ask as we fall to his side

"Stefan? Stefan!" Elena cries

He looks like he's in agonizing pain. "MY HEAD!" he says through his teeth. I look around, people are dropping to the ground. They're stuck with needles, it's...1864 all over again. All of these tomb vampires were among us and could of easily killed me and Elena. But I don't understand...where's Damon? I look around, nowhere.

"I got this one!" I hear Mr. Saltzman as he rushes over to us. The pain stops and he pulls us aside. They start talking but I can't process a damn thing

"where's Damon? He said he was going to find you" I ask him

"I haven't seen him since he told me about the tomb vampires"

I have to look for him. But I have to get it together. Bonnie didn't break the spell, she lied, she betrayed my trust. Now I can't find Damon. My eyes tear up and my heart rate increases. That's when I spot her, Bonnie.

I lose my head and rush into her, I tackle her to the ground. "YOU BITCH!" I attack her, punching her over and over. I grab her head, ready to slam it against the ground..but a pair of arms wrap around me and I'm pulled off

"Mr. Saltzman, get off me!" I scream and kick, trying to get out of his grip. "SHE LIED! DAMON'S..HE..I DON'T KNOW IF HES OKAY AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"I'm sorry!" she cries on the ground, "I thought It was the right thing to do! I couldn't bring myself to break the spell"

"SCREW YOU BONNIE!"

"Savannah-"

I turn away from her and Stefan proclaims we're gonna find him. He has to be with the rest of the vampires, where ever that may be..

That's when we see smoke coming from Elena's dads business. Bingo. But smoke?! We rush over as John Gilbert is walking away, I try running past him but he grabs me. "just protecting the town. Jake, get Savannah out of here, she's hostile"

"dad-"

"what's going on?" dad asks

"DAMON'S DOWN THERE!"

"John. Damon's practically on the council. We have to get him"

"Damon Salvatore is a vampire. Isn't he, Savannah?"

"Damon's not a vampire" dad says with a chuckle

"Yes he is, Jake. Ask your daughter." John Gilbert walks away and dad looks at me

"Savannah-" he starts. I don't listen, I make a break for the basement door but dad grabs me, holding me too tightly. "I can't let you go down there. The place is on fire for gods sake!"

"daddy, let me go!" I say through my tears as I try to get away.

"he's a vampire!"

"I don't care! I'm in love with him" my scream filling my lungs as I kick harder

"the place is on fire. All the vampires are burning." dad tries to soothe me. "I'm sorry, he's...dying."

"NO!" I scream, "THEN I WANNA DIE TOO!" I cry. Sorry dad, I give him a hard kick and he let's me go, dropping to his knees

"Savannah!"

I run as fast as i can, into Stefan. "DAMON! No! No! No! Let me go Stefan!"

"Savannah! Listen to me!" Stefan grabs my face, getting my full attention. "I'm not coming out without him, I promise you." I nod my head, "stay with Elena"

The flames are everywhere. Even with his super speed, there's no way he can't get past the flames. He'll either get Damon...or die trying.

"you have to be quick, Stefan." Amy says as she grabs onto my arms and starts reciting some words I can't understand

"the flames are dying down!" Elena says as Stefan takes off. Within seconds he's back and with Damon! I break away from Amy and run to Damon's side as he lies on the ground.

"he's gonna be fine" Stefan tells me

I look at Amy and dad. I mouth a 'thank you' to her and turn my attention to dad. He looks mortified, horrified, appalled, possibly disgusted.

"please, dad. I love him"

"but he-"

"would never hurt me" I finish

"Mr. Cunningham" Elena starts "err Jake..with all due respect, you're dating a witch. That doesn't change the way you feel about her, does it?"

He doesn't say anything. What's supposed to happen now?

"Jake. Why don't we go home so you can think?" Amy suggests, "the two of you can talk about it in the morning. Stay at Elena's, call Liv and let her know you're okay"

I nod my head slightly as the two of them walk away. Dad has that look on his face, the same look I had when I found out Damon was a vampire...a mixture of shock and disbelief.

"hey" I hear Damon's voice. I look down at him and he runs his thumb across my cheek, "stop crying"

-Elena's POV-

I have to leave soon, see how Jeremy is. I know he hates me at the moment but it's still my mission to always be there for him.

"oh hey. Savannah's asleep?" I ask as I come into Damon's room. She's curled up on his bed, under the covers and Damon's just sitting on the edge. I already knew Savannah wasn't leaving Damon's side after tonight

"yeah. She's exhausted, long day. How are you?" I've grown close to Damon these past couple of months. I thought I'd never say that considering he returned to make Stefan's life hell. Savannah's really brought out the humanity in him

"I'm fine. How are you? And how's Savannah?"

"Ha. Somebody tried to kill me, just another day at the office." he makes his sarcastic remark then glances at Sav, "she'll be okay"

"she was really worried about you Damon. I mean..the crying you saw, that was only the half of it"

"what?"

"when she found out what Bonnie did...she attacked her. I was afraid for her, it was like she blacked out with rage, Luckily Mr. Saltzman was there" I tell him, "she thought you were dying, she was feeling so much pain inside. I couldn't help her" I feel a tear roll down my cheek as I remember the actions of my best friend from earlier tonight

For the first time ever, I see Damon's face harden. Looking like he's feeling grief, showing some remorse. It's touching.

"she wanted to die too." I almost whisper

"I didn't-"

I put on a brave face. "I can't lose my best friend, Damon. So this good guy thing you're doing, keep it up. I don't need you in another life threatening situation-" my voice cracks, "tonight I could of easily lost three very important people to me and if that-"

I ramble on and Damon pulls me into a hug, "I'm sorry. You're important to me too. You're like a sis--a sis-- I can't say it"

"say it" I laugh

"okay, you're like...family to me." he grins, "do you think it would be easier?"

"do I think what would be easier?"

"life. If me and Stefan weren't around"

"it's too late for you guys to go away, it'd be even harder without you. And life's not hard, it's just...an adventure. We never know what's coming next...but you and Stefan coming into our lives wasn't a bad thing. Well you were, in the beginning"

Damon laughs a bit. "and now?"

"and now you're different. You changed. You're still Damon and I like that about you, you just...switched your feelings on. You feel bad, don't you?"

Damon looks back at Savannah before continuing. "I couldn't protect her tonight because I was in pain then stabbed with vervain, I was helpless. But luckily so was every other vampire so at least she was safe. But it made her feel so horrible inside and it's my fault, because of what I am-"

"Damon.." I hear Savannah mumble

"go be with her. Just tell Sav I went home"

Damon nods his head, "goodnight, Elena"

"goodnight"
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Picture