Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Forever is a Very Long Time

When me and Elena got home from the hospital, we saw Damon and Stefan sitting outside with Jeremy. I sat down on the step next to Damon and grabbed his hand, "what's going on?"

"we're arguing." he says before pecking my forehead

"about what?" Elena asks as she sits next to Stefan.

"Stefan wants Jeremy to adopt the Stefan Diet and spend all his life trying to fight the craving." Damon tell us, "we already know how well that works."

"While Damon here thinks Jeremy should do it his way, I'm sorry 'the normal way' and just learn to control it. But what if he can't?"

Oh god. This is not something I thought I'd come home to. "well, Jeremy...what do you think?"

"I think my mouth is on fire and you wasted your money on these stupid sunglasses" he says through his teeth

"when's the bitchiness gonna go away?" I whisper to Damon

"he'll feel better once he feeds"

"Savannah. Your dad wants to talk." I hear Amy's voice behind us. I knew I couldn't avoid this talk much longer. I get up from the step and walk inside.

"Hey dad"

"your boyfriend's a vampire." dad cuts to the chase, not wasting any time, "the thing our ancestors have been trying to protect us from since the 1860s"

"well...your girlfriend is a witch."

"it's not the same thing."

"yes it is. You love and accept Amy no matter what and that's how I feel about Damon, no. matter. what."

"Savannah-"

"you even liked him, dad. The fact that he's a vampire put aside, you thought he was a good guy and he still is."

Dad looks at me for a good minute before continuing. "I can't stop you from dating him, can i?"

"No. But I want you to be okay with it."

He sighs, "when did you find out?"

"Way before we started dating. Before you even told me they existed."

Dad pats the seat next to him on the couch and I sit down. He wants to hear everything. Everything I know about vampires, how Damon and Stefan turned, how old they are, things me and Elena have been through since meeting them.

"you actually ran into a house full of vampires from the tomb?!" dad asks in disbelief, "are you insane?"

"Elena made me. She doesn't follow direction."

"you said Stefan doesn't feed on human blood...and Damon?"

"he..he does."

"was it him? All those animal attacks?"

"in the very beginning, yes. He was different then, he was selfish and only cared for himself. He's different now, he hasn't hunted a human in a very long time...he tried protecting the town last night, he tried protecting me."

"I wanna talk to Damon and Stefan"

"Stefan too?"

"Elena's practically your sister. Though I'm sure Stefan's way more harmless than Damon, I still have to make sure."

"they're coming."

They have their super sonic hearing so I'm sure Damon was listening to my whole conversation. The two of them walk inside with Elena behind them.

"No, you girls go away, just them." Ugh, that's no fair. Elena walks back outside with Jeremy and I decide I need a shower and fresh clothes.

After I'm all clean, I go through my clothes. I throw on a tank top with a pair of shorts. I comb my hair and leave it down while it's still wet. When I open my door I see Damon about to knock

"hey." I invite him in and pull him over to my bed, "how was the talk?"

"fine. Your dads okay. He's gonna go on like everything's normal"

"or at least try to" I laugh. "at least you're the only vampires left...and Anna and Pearl."

"you're forgetting a vampire killed John and Jenna."

"right. I did forget about that."

"does it scare you that another ones here?"

"nope." I smile, "because you're here to protect me"

Damon smiles and pulls me close. "I came to this town wanting to destroy it and last night I found myself trying to protect it, how does that happen?"

"cause you're a hero" I grin

"I'm not a hero, Savannah. I don't do good, it's not in me."

"maybe it is"

"no, that's reserved for my brother. For people like you and Elena"

"No. You can be the hero. You can do good things, Damon. It's just hard for you to believe because of all the bad things you've done. But I believe in you Damon."

Damon gives me another smile and inches closer to me, "You saved my life last night"

"me?" I almost laugh, "Stefan and Amy saved your life. All I did was cry like a little girl"

"You decided I was worth saving, Amy saved me because of you"

"life's not worth much unless you're in it" I whisper before lying back on the bed, slowly pulling Damon with me

"Yeah?" Damon crawls between my legs

"Yeah." I nod my head before pulling him by his jacket for a kiss, "i wanna be with you forever"

"forever is a very long time" Damon says as he looks down into my eyes then goes in for another kiss. I pull off his leather jacket and toss it to the floor, then he breaks away from the kiss so I can pull off his shirt. He slips off my tank top, leaving kisses down my stomach until he gets to the top of my shorts. As Damon goes to pull them down, the door is opened.

"HEY!"

"dad!" I pull Damon up to cover myself, "ever hear of knocking?"

"ever hear of no sex in my house?"

"sorry." Damon mumbles and I giggle a bit

"vampire, human, warlock, demon, alien-" dad whispers, "he's still a man!" now I really start to laugh and Damon does too, "dinner is done."

Dad leaves the room, leaving me and Damon to deal with the awkwardness.

"wow."

"that could of gone a lot worse" Damon tells me, "you hungry?" he grabs my shirt and hands it to me

I slip it on and think to myself, when's the last time I ate?! It had to of been yesterday afternoon, eating cotton candy at the carnival, which isn't really food at all, I'm starving, "uh huh"