Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Moving Forward

Within the past week, Jeremy has made his transformation and Amy made him his own ring containing Lapis lazuli, her ancestors were actually even more powerful than the Bennett's. Damon and Stefan along with Anna have been helping him adapt to being a vampire. He's decided to feed on human blood, Elena's okay with it as long as he doesn't hurt anybody. Elena wasn't okay with this at all in the beginning, but having a vampire brother is better than a dead one.

The funeral services for Jenna Sommers and John Gilbert were very sad. There were people all over crying and showing grief. I don't know how Elena got through it. In one night she found out John Gilbert, somebody shes been hating since she was a child, was her birth father and then he dies...she didn't even get a chance to process it fully.

Jeremy and Elena are settled into my dads house now. Uncle Frank and his family decided to stay in Mystic Falls, so they moved back into their old house, but I guess things could be worse. Today is the service for Mayor Lockwood. He was down in the basement with the vampires, although he isn't one. He died before Damon could find out why. There's no body therefore its not much of a funeral, just more of a remembrance. Mrs. Lockwood asked if I would come early today, to help out. I couldn't say no.

There's no trace at all of the vampire who killed Jenna and John, their deaths still remain a mystery. Caroline...she's still in the hospital, I visit her everyday.

"Hey Lana, where are you headed so early?" I ask Elena. She's dressed, bright and early. I look down at myself, still in my PJs.

"Oh, I'm going to the cemetery with Jer." She gives me a half smile

"Wow, you haven't been there in a while. Oh--oh my god," I realize what day it is and give her a hug. "I'm so sorry, it totally slipped my mind-"

Elena smiles, "Its fine. Really." Today is the first anniversary of her parents death.

"How do you feel?"

"Better than I thought I would. Everything's gonna be okay." She yells up the stairs, "Lets go, Jeremy!"

"Good."

"Should I come to the Lockwood's when I'm done?"

"I'd appreciate it. Its gonna be really awkward being there with Tyler and Mrs Lockwood and a bunch of people running around the house."

"No problem."

After Elena and Jeremy leave, I toss my cup in the sink and head up the stairs. Fast shower and then I get dressed.

"Heading to the Lockwood's already?" Dad asks as I walk down the steps

"I'm going to see Caroline first. Then I'm heading over to Tyler's."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

I give my dad a hug before leaving. Its been a rough week for everybody. With Damon almost dying, Caroline's accident, dad finding out about Damon and Stefan, Jeremy turning, the deaths of Jenna and John, their funerals, the anniversary of Miranda and Grayson Gilbert's deaths, and now the service for Mayor Lockwood. When are things gonna get better? After picking up some flowers, I go to the hospital.

"Oh my god! Caroline, you're awake!" I say with happiness

"Hey." She smiles, "Miss me?"

"Yes!!" I give her a hug, carefully. "These are for you."

"Thank you. My nurse says you visit everyday...and Matt never leaves."

"That's right. How are you feeling? When did you wake up?"

"Last night. I'm in a little bit of pain, thank god for painkillers."

I smile at her. "I'm so happy you're okay. This seriously just brightened my day."

"I'm glad." She grins, "So, what have I missed?"

"Lots." I begin, "Um...Elena's aunt Jenna and uncle John, were killed."

"What!"

"Mhm. Their funerals were a few days ago. Also, Tyler's dad is dead too."

"Are you serious? How is Tyler, last thing I remember is him on the ground after the accident."

"I haven't seen him. But Matt said he was fine, physically anyway. Also, me and Bonnie aren't friends anymore."

"Wasn't that happening before I took my long ass nap?"

"Yeah, but now its for sure. She betrayed me."

"Boonie? Nu uh!"

I nod my head, not being able to explain how. "Today's the anniversary of Elena's parents deaths."

"Oh my god. How is she?"

"She's actually doing okay. She lives with me now. Today's also the service for Tyler's dad, Mrs. Lockwood wants me to come early."

"She just wants you and Tyler to get back together." Caroline gives another grin

I laugh at her, "Shut up. Oh, and get this...my cousins moved back."

"Oh, god why? Madison is such a sleaze!" She laughs, "Is hot uncle Mike staying too?"

"Haha, sorry, no."

I visit with Caroline a little while longer until I'm needed at the Lockwood's. When I arrive, Mrs. Lockwood is running around frantic, trying to keep herself busy. She's bossing around everybody putting the service together, even more than usual; but if you lost your husband, wouldn't you too?

"Hi Mrs. Lockwood," I smile

"Oh, Savannah. Thank you for coming early!" She says, pulling me into a tight hug

"Of course, no problem. What can I do?"

"The flower arrangements, could you help me with them? I swear I'm paying these people for nothing!"

I smile at her, "Sure."

I neatly arrange the flowers on each of the tables, setting them in the centers perfectly. While Mrs. Lockwood is pretty mean to everybody helping, I try being nice to make up for her meanness.

"Where is Tyler?"

"He's in his room. Why don't you see if he will come down?"

I nod my head and head upstairs. I walk down to the far end of the hall to Ty's room and I knock. "Tyler!" Nothing, I knock again. Ugh. When I open the door, his sitting outside on the balcony, bottle of Whiskey in hand.

"Oh god, Ty. Are you drunk?" I ask, trying to snatch the bottle away

He snatches his hand back, taking the bottle with him. "Whats it to you?"

Grr. "Today is your fathers service, you can't be fucked up!" I yell as I take a seat next to him

"Whats it matter anyway? He'd expect this."

"Tyler--give me the bottle. Please."

He smirks at me before taking another hit of the bottle. Ugh, why is this guy such an asshole? I grab it from his hand and chuck it down to the grass. "Hey! I wasn't done with that!"

"Yes, you are. Now lets go, inside. Now."

"Okay, mommy."

I pull him inside and he's more drunk than I though. Shit. "Your mom can't see you like this, god you're so stupid."

"I don't care. I don't have anybody left. I lost you, then Vicki, then my dad, my moms a bitch--who cares?" Drunken rant.

"I'll be right back. No more alcohol."

I slip out of his room. He needs water. Then I see Elena, "Thank god. I need your help."

"That's what I'm here for." She smiles

"2 water bottles and lots of food."

"He's drunk isn't he?"

"He downed half the bottle of Jack."

"Okay. I'm on it."

"Thank you."

I go back into Tyler's room, he has a joint in his hand. "You're not going stoned either." I snatch it out of his hand

"Don't throw that away!"

"Only if you promise not to smoke it beforehand."

"Grr. I promise."

"Now, come here...I'm gonna make you feel all better." I grin before backing up into his bathroom

"Oh really?"

I nod my head and entice him to come closer. He followed me into the bathroom, I smile then punch him in the stomach, hard. "OW Why did you-"

"That's why." While hes puking in the toilet, Elena returns with the water and food. "Bless your sweet heart."

"Hehe. Is he gonna be okay?"

"I hope so. How was it today?"

"It was fine. Peaceful. Me and Jeremy just sat there, just reminiscing on old times. Its was good for us."

"Good, I'm glad. Oh! Caroline's awake!"

"She is?!"

"Yeah, I was so happy to see her awake."

"Lets go visit her later today."

"Sounds good."

"That wasn't very nice." Tyler says as he emerges from the bathroom. "Not at all."

"I told you I'd make you feel better. Now come here, drink this and eat."

After eating, he comes from the bathroom once again. This time, dressed for the service. "Ready Ty?" Elena asks

"No." He says bluntly. "I'm sorry though, about Jenna and your uncle."

We head downstairs and people are already here for the service, not everybody, but a great deal of people. I spot Damon and Stefan talking with Jeremy and I give him a smile. "You gonna be okay?" Tyler nods his head, me and Elena walk over to them. They go off into their own little world, as do Damon and I.

"Long day?" Damon asks

"You wouldn't believe."

During the service, the adults of Mystic Falls remember Mayor Lockwood. Although, he was a prick most of the time, the guy did have his good moments.

"Can I have your attention." My uncle Frank speaks to the crowd, I guess he's back on the Founders Council now that hes moved back. "I know its been a very solemn week, but its time to start moving forward. With that said, this town needs a new mayor."

The crowd agrees.

"The Council has spoken and they've elected my big brother, Jacob Cunningham." Say what?? The room full of people starts to clap. I had no idea this was going on. Dad goes up to speak and I'm kinda shocked. Mom? I think shes gonna have a heart attack, ha.

"Ready to leave?" Elena asks

"Yeah. Lets go see Caroline." Around towards 5pm, things started winding down. It was a service remembering the late Richard Lockwood but it was also an event bringing the town together again. Not that I really care.

When we arrive at the hospital, we go to Caroline's room. Only to see the lights out and bed empty, made up like nobody was in here. Caroline?
♠ ♠ ♠
Savannah's Outfit