Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Gone.

It's been three days. Damon never called. Let's get one thing straight, it's not a big deal because I like him, I don't stress over guys. Its just because of everything Elena was saying about him, Damon and Stefan fight a lot, just wondering if everything's okay.

Elena hasn't heard from Stefan either, must be a Salvatore brothers thing. I keep seeing that face when I close my eyes, that face I swore Damon had, its not a good feeling. Today I'm going to school and I'm not thinking about any of this stuff. By the way, me and Caroline aren't speaking...she thinks I stole 'her boyfriend.'

"Going to school dad. Come get your car washed tomorrow." I say

"I'll pass, don't wanna see my daughter half naked washing cars. Fathers worst nightmare" Dad says

"Things could be a lot worse. See ya"

I head out the door and get into my car. I turn on the radio, Taylor Swift's on. Today's gonna be a good day.

"Stefan! Buddy, you're back" I say, surprised to see Stefan standing in the hall with Elena and Bonnie.

"Yeah, I'm back."

"Where's Damon been?"

"He's...gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'?"

"He had to leave, things weren't working out for him here."

Okay, now I'm kinda sad. Damon could of at least said goodbye. Why would he leave though? What wasn't working out besides his failing relationship with Stefan?

"It's for the best." Elena reassures me

"Are you sure it's not your fault Damon's gone?" I ask Stefan

"Savannah!"

"I'll see you in History, Elena. I have to stop Caroline from taking all the credit for the car wash I put together. Later Bonnie."

I turn on my heel, about to leave. "Savannah, I'm sorry." Stefan calls out to me

I walk away from the three of them, meeting up with Caroline. I snatch some fliers out of her hand.

"Caroline"

"Savannah. What do you want?"

"Well this is my car wash you're trying to put off as your own."

"Right."

"Yeah. Oops on your part"

There's an awkward silence between us as we walk down the hall, passing out the fliers.

"So...are we gonna talk about this?" she finally breaks, she's very impatient

"What's there honestly to talk about? Damon wasn't and isn't your boyfriend, I didn't steal anybody from you. You know I wouldn't do that."

"I know. He...I know he wasn't my boyfriend, but he was nice at times when he wanted me to do things for him."

"Like what?" I might as well get her side of the story

"Like get information out of Stefan. Then most of the time, he was really mean. He treated me like I was stupid."

Shocker.

"Caroline, I had no idea you even knew him and you know that."

"I know, but when I saw you two together I got so jealous. He was actually talking to you, holding your hand...looks like he really likes you."

"Yeah...well that doesn't matter now because he's gone. He left town."

"He did?"

"That's what Stefan said."

"Oh. Well...it's for the best right?"

Yeah, for you. "Yeah." I smile. "Now let's stop being mad at each other and have a kickass car wash tomorrow"

"Sounds good girl!" Caroline gives me a hug

"I have history though, see ya."

I have a feeling this isn't over. Like I said before, Caroline likes to compete. Damon might be gone but she won't forget about what happened. She'll either bring it up again and say she's the one he liked or cry to anybody who will listen about how no good guy likes her.

I take my usual seat, in front of Stefan and next to Elena. I don't exactly talk to either of them. The history sub comes in and gets prepared. We haven't gotten a new permanent teacher yet.

I never asked Caroline about the so-called bite marks because well...it sounds really off. Besides, he's gone, why should it matter now? I'll admit, I also didn't ask because...I don't wanna know. Then Elena and Stefan would be right about him and I don't want it to be true. But who in their right mind seriously bites somebody hard enough to leave bruises? Honestly! Elena has it all wrong.

"Ms. Cunningham!" The sub yells

"What?" I snap out of my thoughts. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You were answering the question: how long did the Civil War last?"

"Uh. few years"

The class laughs at my response, but I wasn't trying to be funny. I honestly don't remember.

"1861 to 1865" Stefan says

"Thank you, Mr. Salvatore" The sub says

"Thanks Stefan." I mumble lowly

"You're welcome" He whispers

How on earth did he hear that?! Stefan taps my shoulder and I turn around

"Are you still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you Stefan and I'm sorry for blaming you. I'm just a little sad Damon didn't say goodbye."

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be."

"Does this mean you're sitting with us at lunch?" Elena says with a smile

"Well, I'm sure not sitting with Caroline"

"At least you have something to bond over"

I give Elena a blank stare, uncalled for.

"Too soon?" She asked

"Ya think?"

"Ms. Gilbert, Ms. Cunningham, Mr. Salvatore...would the three of you like detention after school?" The sub says. I still can't remember his name. Which reminds me, why do we always have a male history teacher?

"No." We all mumble

The next few classes drag on until it's finally time for lunch. I sit outside with Elena, Bonnie, and Stefan. I'm not very hungry so I grab a bottle of water and a snack. Is school almost over?

"What are everyone's plans for tonight?" Bonnie asks

"Gossip Girl and the couch" I say

"nothing. Stefan, can we talk tonight?" Elena asks

"Um. Maybe we can meet at the grill"

When did things become so complicated? I was supposed to have a good year, this year is starting out horrible--for everyone.

Bonnie is having some self-issues that she isn't sharing with us, I'm really worried about her. Elena is in this weird relationship with Stefan, he's a cool guy but he's kinda mysterious and he hides things from her, its like he lies a lot. As for myself, I miss a guy who I've only known for a few days and may or may not have seriously hurt one of my oldest friends.

Last year was a whole lot better, I was dating Tyler and Elena was dating Matt. Things were actually fun here in Mystic Falls. Then Tyler cheated on me with Vicki Donovan of all people, Elena's parents died in a car accident and she dumped Matt.

"Whats wrong?" Rachel asks

I'm home already, watching Gossip Girl.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Stay fourteen forever Rachel"

"Oh no, being fourteen is the worst!"

"You say that now. No hush, Chuck Bass is on TV"

Rachel nods her head and we sit back eating junk, watching Gossip Girl. After it's over, I decide to call it a night, although its only 10 o'clock.