Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I'm Going to Die.

The clock now read 3 AM. I was tired but there was no way I was going back to sleep in this house. Elena and I tried to escape twice, that only angered Katherine more. Elena received punches to her body and only one bite mark; But I got most of the bites, since I 'enjoyed it so much.' The door opened again and I was surprised then angered to see Anna.

"What are you doing here!" It was less of a question and more of a statement

"This is my house." Anna says. "Katherine sent me in to make sure you're still alive."

"You're working with her?" Elena asked in disbelief

"No!" She whispered. "She came and made herself welcome. I have to go along with her or she'll kill me. She killed my mother..."

"I'm so sorry." I tell her

"Thanks. My mom didn't agree with what she was doing, so...she just killed her. So, if I wanna stay alive, I have to listen. I really wish I could help you, I already tried to at least."

"You did?"

"I'm the one who told Damon and Stefan where you were."

"If this is your house, how come they can't come in?"

"This isn't the same house with the tomb vampires. After that whole incident, we left there."

I nodded as the door was forcefully opened again. Katherine. She dismissed Anna and started talking to Elena. Telling her how amazing it is how they look like each other. So amazing that she could even fool her best friend. Then she turned to me.

"Me and Damon made a deal." She smiled. "If I let the two of you go. He'll leave with me."

Was she serious? Was she just saying that to hurt me? No, Damon wouldn't go with her, I know him. She hurt him, she fucked him up bad, he wouldn't go back to her.

"Fine." I tell her

"Just fine?" She questions. "You're not gonna cry?"

"I don't believe you."

"I swear, he said it. When we go to meet him, you'll see for yourself. Ya see Sweetie, you might be a nice second choice, but you're not me. You're a pathetic human, Damon's a vampire, I'm a vampire. When he's done with you, who do you think he'll seek out?"

I couldn't control myself, I launched myself at her. I caught her off guard and she fell backwards. Katherine quickly composed herself and threw me against the wall. Elena rushed to my side as I started to feel dizzy. "You're just jealous." I spat out of anger

I knew Elena was cursing me on the inside for challenging her, but I didn't care. "I'm going to kill you anyway." Katherine smiled her wicked smile. "Lucky for Elena, she gets to keep Stefan."

Katherine approached us and showed us her teeth. Elena tried her best to protect me but she ended up being thrown to the other side of the room. Katherine sank her teeth into me once more, for her sick enjoyment more than anything. I can't begin to tell you how much blood I lost tonight.

I was going to die no matter what. Who cares what I said to her? "I want to thank you though." I tell Katherine

"For what?"

"For being the manipulative, evil, selfish bitch you are. Because if not, I wouldn't of had Damon. You led him right to me, so thank you." My smile matched her once wicked one. She didn't like anything I said and brought her hand to my throat.

"If you want to live long enough to say goodbye to Damon, then I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

And with that she was out the door. Elena quickly but carefully made her way over to me. I couldn't look at her, all I could think about was Damon. One part of me was telling myself that he wasn't leaving with her, the other was saying there was a possibility. But why? Damon loves me. But she's Katherine, I always questioned what would happen if he ever saw her again.

"You have got to stop, you want to make it out alive right?"

"Do you really think Damon's going with her?" I whispered so lightly, Elena barely heard me

"She's lying."

Elena tried helping me up; "No, just leave me."

"What's wrong? Too much blood loss?" Elena started to panic

"I feel really weak..." I whispered; I felt myself slipping and I was dizzy. I tried my hardest to keep fighting, but the harder it got, the more I convinced myself Damon was really leaving with Katherine. I was probably going to die anyway.

"No, no!" Elena yelled, smacking my face, "You have to stay awake!"

"I'm going to die, Elena." I whispered again before everything went black

I felt cold water hit my face and my eyes slowly shot open. It wasn't Elena who was in my face, it was Katherine. Elena was being restrained by the man on the other side of the room. "You're right, Savannah. You are going to die." Katherine smiled. "But not yet. Not until Damon watches."

"If I'm dying, I'm dying on my terms. You disgusting bitch."

I knew something was coming, Katherine didn't look happy. She should of figured it out by now, I was going to talk to her any way I wanted. I expected to get bitten again, but I wasn't. Katherine grabbed my throat, lifting me up. "You better watch your mouth, you little slut. Before I slip up and kill you."

"If you're going to kill me, do it now." I struggled in her grip

"I call the shots, not you." Then she launched me against the wall, I hit it forcefully before hitting the ground. I groaned in pain, barely able to move. "Maybe I'll turn you. Killing you would be too easy. You'd be devastated forever, knowing I'm with Damon."

I started to tune Katherine out, I was now more concerned with my injuries and blood loss than her mouth. I felt myself starting to pass out again but Katherine lifted me up by my arms, shaking it out of me.

"Take Elena downstairs." She commanded to the man, "we're about ready to leave. Me and Savannah will be right there."

Elena's POV

We met up in a secluded area of the park, it was almost 5 AM so the town was still asleep. Katherine's accomplice had both Savannah and I, he was nearly carrying her. She was far more worse off than me, I was relieved when I was Stefan and Damon, I know Savannah was too.

"Okay, let Elena go." Katherine commanded. The man released me and I ran into Stefan's arms

"How bad are you hurt?" Stefan whispered, examining my forming bruises

"I'll be fine" I told him, "Savannah isn't so good though."

"Damon!" We heard Katherine's wicked voice, "Ready to leave baby?"

Damon stepped forward. "Let Savannah go first."

"No. You come with me first."

Damon really told Katherine he'd leave with her? What? I shot Savannah a look and she didn't seem phased any, probably more worried about her injuries. Damon stepped a little closer, that's when Katherine began to clutch her head, falling to the ground. Bonnie came into view.

Bonnie was here. She was helping Damon, somebody she hated. All for us, for Savannah--who wanted nothing to do with her. "When I start running, grab Savannah." Stefan instructed, pulling out a wooden stake from behind his back.

The male vampire dropped Savannah, darting towards Bonnie. Stefan and I rushed towards him, Stefan staked him while Damon and I helped Savannah up.

"Savannah, can you hear me?" Damon asked

"W-What?"

"She was like this for a while. She passed out earlier." I told him

"Stay with her. You and Bonnie." He instructed

Damon and Stefan were now face to face with Katherine, she was composed and didn't look very pleased. Bonnie helped me hold Savannah up as we watched. She was weak but hadn't passed out.

"I should of known." Katherine said, "You really do love her."

"Mhm." Damon nodded, smiling his evil smile. "Now, I'm going to kill you."

"I'm much stronger than you Damon."

"But with both of us." Stefan cut in, "I'd say its pretty even."

"Oh, we also have a witch."

Katherine looked around at Stefan and Damon, then at the three of us, I think she was going to run. Stefan was behind her, holding her arms back. Damon had the stake in his hand as he approached her.

"Damon, baby. You're not gonna really kill me, are you?"

He nodded his head, although I couldn't see his face, I knew he was grinning. "And I'm gonna enjoy it."

Katherine didn't stand a chance, she couldn't say anything else. Damon staked her and she turned gray in Stefan's arms.

Savannah passed out and fell to the ground; "Damon!" I called after him, the two of them rushed over.

"Savannah, you have to wake up." He told her, trying to get her awake

"She lost a lot of blood."

Damon picked Savannah up, putting her over his shoulder; "Meet me at home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Picture