Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Compelling.

I feel myself coming out of my slumber, immediately greeted with a pounding headache. What time is it? It feels late in the afternoon. What the hell did I drink last night? I noticed im pressed up against a chiseled body in a black tee shirt, what the fuck did I do last night?

I sit up in bed quickly. I hold my pounding head, it feels like my brain is smacking against my skull. I finally realize I'm not in either of my rooms. I need to get out of here.

Getting out of bed, quickly and quietly, careful not to wake the sleeping man next to me, I'm only in my underwear and tank top! Where the hell are my pants?! 'shit' I curse under my breath, I'm never drinking again.

I spot a pair of jeans on the floor, they look like mine. If not, they are now. I slip into those and grab my purse from the ground. I shuffle through it, looking for my phone as I head for the door.

"For fucks sake!" I hold my hand over my heart as I see the gorgeous man standing in front of the door, "How-I thought-"

"How are you feeling?" The man asks me

"Listen.." I try not to laugh, "You don't have to ask me how I'm feeling after sex. I have to leave though." I try walking past me but he grabs me. please don't kill me, please don't kill me

"Savannah, what are you talking about?"

Great, he remembers my name but I have no clue what is may be. I examine his appearance for a minute. He has short, messy black hair, probably because he just woke up; his eyes are an intense blue, he has chiseled facial features, he could be a model, with a muscular build. As for his age? He can't be any older than 23. God, Savannah, you're a whore.

"Savannah? Hello?" The man calls my name again

"Look, I really have to leave." I try pushing past him again, but he just grabs me again. at least he's being gentle. "What are you doing?"

"You're not going anywhere!" he almost yells, "Not in your condition."

"My condition? Look buddy. Just because I slept with you last night doesn't mean you can just keep me here!" His facial expression changes but I can't tell what it is, "Now you let me go right now."

"Savannah, we didn't have sex last night-"

"Sure we didn't. What is your name?! if you're gonna keep talking, I might as well know it. You obviously haven't forgotten mine."

Then his expression darkens, did I say the wrong thing? Is he gonna hurt me? The man stares at me, almost as if he's hurt. I wish he'd say something or at least release his grip on my shoulders, this feels awkward.

"You don't know my name?" The tone in his voice is now softer than before

"No."

"Its me, Savannah." He looks me in the eyes, "Its Damon."

I just look at him, confused. A look of pain and anger now on his face. I don't understand. I just really need to get out of here. "I'm sorry." I should be nice, he might be crazy. The hot ones are always the psychopaths.

"Wait. Stay right here. Please don't leave." He practically begs as he lets go if my shoulders. He disappears into the hallway, "Elena!"

Elena? Elena's here too? But why? The man returns to the room with Elena, my best friend.

"You're awake." She smiles while hugging me, "How do you feel?"

"Why is everybody asking me that?"

"First things first. Do you know me?"

"You're my best friend, you silly bitch."

Elena smiles at me, "And him?" she's referring to the beautiful stranger who is calling himself 'Damon'

"I woke up in his bed."

"How about me?" a voice calls from the doorway. I look to see who it is, Stefan Salvatore.

"Yes, Stefan."

The three of them look back and forth at each other and I now feel like I'm their project, like I'm being evaluated.

"You don't remember Damon?" Stefan asks me

"I didn't even know his name until he told me."

This angered Damon and he abruptly left the room, Stefan followed behind him. I turned to face Elena, "did I do something wrong?"

Elena sighed. "Hes upset. he's your boyfriend."

"My...my boyfriend? I don't understand Elena, what's going on?"

"You were attacked. we both were, but it was mainly you. you lost so much blood, Damon saved your life"

"Attacked?"

"I'll explain in a second. I'm just gonna check on them." Elena got up from her seat on the bed, "I'll be right back"

I was confused even more by the time she left. Attacked? Who attacked me? Or what? Was it an animal attack? This Damon saved my life. he's also my boyfriend?

Elena's POV

I glanced over at the big grandfather clock, it read 4:30 PM; Jake said to call when Savannah woke up but in sure it can wait. Nobody expected her to have no recollection of what happened or of who Damon was.

"How's he doing?" I ask Stefan as I make my way into Stefan's room

"Hes pissed."

"Can the two of you not talk as if I'm not in the room?" Damon spat. it was almost like the old Damon was talking. I guess he had every right to be pissed but i didn't want him acting stupid

"What are we gonna do?"

"we have to tell her what happened, of course"

"Elena." Damon looked up from his seat. "Did Katherine compel Savannah?"

of course, that's the only logical reason. Katherine compelled Sav to make her forget Damon and Damon only. I thought long and hard. "I didn't see her. But I was taken out of the room first when we were going to leave, she followed a few minutes after with Savannah"

"That's it. She compelled her" Stefan agreed to my logic

Damon however, only got angrier. He took the chair. he was sitting on and launched it, throwing it through the window, glass shattering everywhere. I hold onto Stefan as that struck fear within me

"Cant you just compel her to remember?"

"Its not that easy." Damon replied with a slight eye roll.

"Katherine is stronger, which means she has more power. there's no guarantee it'd work" Stefan informed me

"I'm not doing it either way." Damon spoke again

"What??"

"I promised her. I promised Savannah, I'd never compel her. I can't."

we stayed silent for a while, not knowing what to say to him. I could tell Damon was hurting, really bad. he looked worse than he did when he realized Katherine wasn't in the tomb.

Stefan and Damon agreed I'd tell Savannah what happened to us. She didn't remember, which means Katherine probably compelled her to forget the attack as well; or it could be from the blood loss and passing out twice.