Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

A Black Crow Perched at My Window

Elena was taking a while and I was getting impatient, I don't do impatient. I decided to explore this amazing house. I ended up in room that looked like a study, it had a desk and was filled with so many books.

"Savannah, there you are." I heard Elena's voice

"Yeah," I turned to face her. "Are you ready to tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Yeah, sit down."

We took a seat in the room, I wasn't sure what to expect. She told me I was attacked, I had the marks all over my body to prove it. I felt a little light headed and my head was still pounding.

"We were attacked by a woman named Katherine and a man. She was Stefan and Damon's ex-girlfriend, she wanted Damon back. She was so jealous that the two of you were together. She said she was taking him back but you didn't allow it. She put you through hell, but you didn't care, you wouldn't back down from her."

"Why can't I remember any of this?"

"I don't know. But, she's just like Damon and Stefan-"

"What do you mean?"

"You know-Um..you know what Stefan is, right?"

"Um, what he is? A guy? I don't follow, Elena."

"Anyway-" She continued, "The extent of your injuries were so bad, you passed out twice. You lost a lot of blood, Damon saved your life."

"And you say Damon is my boyfriend?"

"Yeah. The two of you are in love, crazy about each other. He's so devastated-"

"I can't even remember my own boyfriend?" My eyes start to tear up, "Why is it just him? And everything from last night?"

"I don't know. But, everything will be okay. Just try, try really hardy--it'll come back to you."

Elena's POV

"I'm taking Savannah home." I informed the two of them as I walked back into Stefan's room.

"Okay. What happened?" Stefan asked

"I couldn't tell her the whole story. I--I think Katherine made her forget vampires were real." I said to both of them. Damon just ignored me, looking down at his drink.

"What?"

"I tried explaining what Katherine was, that she was just like you--she didn't understand." Silence fell upon the room. "But, I'm taking her home now. Maybe being in her room, seeing all the pictures of her and Damon will help. She will remember."

Savannah's POV

When I got home to my dads house, I was smothered with hugs from him, Amy, and my siblings. Mom was out of town on business, but she kept me on the phone forever, making sure I was alright. Talk of what happened was a little shifty, like they knew something I didn't. I have a right to know, this did after all happen to me.

"I'm gonna go lay down a while." I informed everyone

"Alright, if you need anything. We're down here." Dad told me, kissing my forehead

I went upstairs to my bedroom and it felt like I haven't been here in ages. I slipped off my shoes and threw them into my closet. The headache had faded and I wasn't light headed anymore. But I was tired, really tired. I climbed under the covers and closed my eyes.

After 30 minutes of lying there, I couldn't sleep. At all. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I had a shower, careful not to irritate my bruises anymore than they already were. Then I examined my body in the mirror, I had so many marks from the attack. But why couldn't I remember? Some of my bruises even looked like...bite marks? No, it couldn't of been. My eyes became red as they started to swell up with tears again. I quickly got dressed and returned to my bedroom.

I was exhausted. It was only 7 PM but I was dead tired. I knew if I laid back down, I wouldn't be able to sleep though. I looked at my wall, with all the pictures of my friends. I saw the ones with me and Bonnie, I knew I wasn't talking to her anymore, but I couldn't remember why. Pictures of me and Caroline, I knew we had our issues this year and we were friends again, but why were we fighting in the first place? I saw a picture of me and Stefan sitting in History class, I laughed at it.

There was a lot of me and Damon. Kissing, being cute, he was holding me, we looked so happy together. What was I supposed to say to him now? I couldn't go on like nothing happened. I didn't even know the first thing about him!

Tears were escaping my eyes, yet again. I crawled into my bed and got under the covers. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, but at least I had somewhere comfortable to cry. The time passed on and the tears finally stopped. I noticed a black crow perched at my window. It stared at me and I stared back, for a whole hour. It never left. Then, I eventually fell asleep.