Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Brood Much?

Elena's POV

I got up this morning feeling determined. Savannah had to remember at least something. She hasn't come out of her room since we got home, which was two days ago. She's barely ate anything and she's been crying.

"I think you should tell her everything" Jake said, handing me a coffee cup

"About the vampires?" I asked.

"She has to know. Also, I want her out of that room"

"I was thinking of bringing her with me to Stefan's. Just have to run it by with Damon first"

"How is he anyway?"

"Not so good. I'm on my way there now, wish me luck."

I decided to walk to the Salvatore's because it was pretty close and it was nice outside. I let myself in and found Damon, he was drinking.

"What do you want?" he mumbled

"How are you?"

"Peachy. I woke up this morning thinking of rainbows and sunshine" Damon said sarcastically as he refilled his glass

"I want to bring Savannah around, I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you. I was hoping maybe-"

"What? that maybe we'd talk to each other and just click?" Damon spat, "This isn't a fairytale, Elena."

"Well at least I'm trying!" I spat also, he was starting to piss me off. "All you do is drink all day!"

"Well if you haven't noticed, I have a good reason."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were Stefan."

"And what Is that supposed to mean?"

"Brood much lately?"

"Elena." Damon laughed, shaking his head. "shut up."

But I stood my ground; "I'm bringing Savannah over." Then I turned on my heel to leave

"How is she?"

I turned to face him, "You should know. That black crow that sat at her window for the past two nights looks awfully familiar."

"She can't sleep without me, ya know. She falls asleep staring at the crow, almost as if she knows..."

"I know." I whispered softly

Savannah's POV

"Why am I doing this again?"

"Because you need to get out of the house. You need to see Damon" Elena told me

Today, Elena wanted me to go over Damon and Stefan's house. It was sure to be super awkward.

"What if he hates me?"

"He doesn't. he knows this isn't your fault"

I shrugged my shoulders and went through my closet. I grabbed a simple pair of shorts and a shirt. I wasn't sure what to wear or how to act, but I was going to do this. I let my hair fall down and grabbed my makeup brush, trying my best to cover the marks on my face, luckily they weren't as bad as the ones on my body.

When we arrived at the Salvatore house, I felt awkward again. I followed Elena into the living room where Stefan greeted her warmly, I gave him a slight smile. Then Damon walked in.

"Hi," he said

"Hi," Stefan and Elena had slipped out of the room, leaving the two of us alone, "Bitch" I mumbled

"I told them not to do this." Damon mumbled

"What do they think? we're just gonna click?"

"my thoughts exactly!" He gestured for me to have a seat on the couch.

I sat down and Damon sat with me, leaving a comfortable amount of space between us. we didn't talk and things got awkward again.

"Well-" Damon made some sort of gesture with his eyes. I have to admit, it was very sexy. "I'm Damon Salvatore"

I gave him a slight smile, "Savannah Cunningham."

"Well Savannah, what do you suppose we do about all of this?"

"it's been two days and I can't remember a single thing about you, I'm so sorry."

"that isn't your fault."

"I thought maybe we should start over. but that wouldn't be fair and it wouldn't be real"

"you're right. there's no way we could possibly do things over. there's so many things we've been through that can't be redone."

"good things? or bad?"

"a whole lot of good and a whole lot of bad. but I'm glad the bad things happened, we'd be different people if they hadn't"

"help me remember, Damon"

After today, I wanted to break down and cry. I still couldn't remember a thing about my attack and I couldn't remember Damon. not only was I hurting, but I was hurting somebody else as well. Although it was nice talking to him today, I'd like to remember how I feel about him.

"I think it's time I told you the whole story about the attack" Elena said as she entered my room

"I knew there was something more"

"you have to take this seriously. the first time I told you, you laughed."

"just tell me" I braced myself for the worse and Elena finally spoke again

"Damon and Stefan are vampires."

I gasped; "Is Damon my very own Emmett Cullen?"

"I knew you'd say that." she shook her head. "you have to believe me, otherwise I can't even tell you how you were attacked"

"okay. go on.."

"Damon is a 165 year old vampire, Stefan is just a few years younger.-"

She told me about them, about Katherine and how they were turned. Elena looked just like her. She told me why they were back in Mystic Falls, Stefan saving her life, Damon and the tomb.

"Katherine came back, first she killed aunt Jenna and uncle John" Elena continued

"Oh my g-"

"Then she had me kidnapped, it was some man. she took you. We were trapped in a bedroom for nearly 12 hours. Katherine wanted Damon back, she was jealous that you had him and he didn't want her anymore. she choked you, threw you against the wall, bit you."

Tears rolled down my face as I touched one of the bite marks. even with Elena telling me everything, my memory is so blurry

"You got the worst of it, because you wouldn't let her push you around. you were a threat to her. you passed out twice that night. Damon, with the help of Stefan, killed Katherine. Because he loves you."

I cried harder, I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't begin to describe how I was feeling

"Elena, I think I need to be alone"

"are you sure?"

"definitely. umm..I'll talk to you in the morning"

"you're not eating dinner...again?"

"I'm not hungry"

Elena sighed but didn't object. she left my room and I crawled into bed. I was trying to process everything Elena just told me about my boyfriend being a vampire and the attack. I stared at the wall for hours, for the past two nights, it's been hard to fall asleep. Which is strange because I used to sleep like a baby, but I assume its from stress.

The black crow returned to my window, just like he had been for the past two nights. I'm calling him a 'he' because I'd find it a little creepy if a girl crow was watching me. though, a crow watching me period should be enough to creep me out.