Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Happy

"I'm so happy I finally have you back!" Damon said as he pulled me in closer, wrapping his arms tightly around me. In all honesty, I've never seen him like this. He looks vulnerable.

"Damon.." I look at him, "Are you...are you crying?"

"What? No, of course I'm not crying."

He put on his tough guy front but I know the real him, he was crying. I pushed my forehead against his as his fingers locked with mine. "I missed this."

"It was the worst feeling in the world, not being able to hold you. You could barely remember anything and I couldn't take it anymore. I tried my hardest to make it happen on it's own but I was being selfish, I compelled you and I'm so sorry."

"you compelled me to remember-"

"I promised you I'd never-"

"Damon! This is different, I'm not mad at you. I trust you."

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Yes. I was heading for the grill, I thought I saw Elena but it was really Katherine. I start talking, she doesn't respond but she punches me. I black out, next thing I know..I'm awake in his bedroom. Elena's in there with me, only I think it's Katherine so I punch her"

"Hahaha. Sorry, that's not funny." Damon smiles

"Katherine soon comes in. All she basically did was run her mouth and talked about you and Stefan. Mostly you, she was so jealous of what we have. She sank her teeth in me, multiple times...taking my blood, because I let you do it..She said you and her would be together again. You're both vampires and I'm just a stupid human..."

Damon ran his fingers through my hair, "Sav-"

"She said she'd let us go, only if you agreed to leave with her.."

"I only told her that to get you out of there."

"I know. But at the time...I always questioned what you'd do if you'd ever see her again, so...I guess I didn't know what to expect. Then she called me the second choice and I just snapped, I went after her, knocked her down. But then I was thrown against the wall, bitten again. At that point, I had lost so much blood, I was dizzy and fading. I was sure I was gonna die. I kept fighting, but the harder it got, the more I convinced myself you were going with her. It made giving up easier, then I passed out."

I felt Damon's muscles tense up and I could tell he was getting angry, but I continued

"After Katherine woke me up, I almost passed out again. Then it was time to leave. The vampire she had with her took Elena outside first. Katherine stayed behind with me. She looked me straight in the eyes and told me to forget everything I know about Damon Salvatore and to forget vampires exist. I...didn't even remember her taking off my bracelet."

"Savannah." Damon finally spoke, "Do you remember what happened at the park?"

"You killed her. You killed her, because of me."

"Once she took you, I already knew I was going to kill her."

"Why was Bonnie there?"

"She wanted to help. She felt horrible about what happened, she wanted to make sure the two of you were safe."

I was silent. Bonnie actually tried helping Damon without trying to kill him? I'm still pissed at her and I don't know if I can trust her. What she did was brave but I still don't consider us friends.

"Is the bad part over now?"

"We can never be completely sure. But, you never have to deal with Katherine ever again"

"Glad to hear it"