Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

New Vampires.

"Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?
Don't be a chicken boy, stop acting like a beeotch
I'ma peace out if you don't give me the pay off
Come on baby let me see
What you're hiding underneath
Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?
What you're waiting for, it's time for you to show it off
Don't be a shy kinda guy I'll bet it's beautiful
Come on baby let me see
Whatchu hidin' underneath"

Me and Caroline were in my bedroom dancing around to music, being silly. I missed this, it was just like 10th grade again when we were the best of friends. I grabbed my pom-poms, jumped up on my bed and started shaking my ass as we sang louder.

"I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock
I wanna see your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock, cock
Your peacock, cock, cock
Your peacock"

"Okay!" Caroline said as the song ended, "I have an idea!"

"When don't you have an idea?" I laughed. "What is it?"

"Summer Carnival!"

I rolled my eyes. "You just love being in charge of things, don't you?"

"Hush!" She instructed. "Listen, it'll be great! After all the tragedy the town has been through, this can be good for us. It'll be fun."

"You make a good point."

"We'll have games and prizes, and rides and food and a big giant Ferris wheel and it'll be all romantic."

"Okay, okay. You've convinced me. You expect me to help you with this, right?"

"Duh. Elena and Bonnie too." I rolled my eyes at the mention of Bonnie's name, Caroline of course noticed. "I don't know what problems you guys are still going through, but you better work it out before September. We have to enter Senior year as best friends, all four of us."

We always said we'd be best friends all through high school, I had a feeling that wouldn't be true. Of course, I thought it would be Caroline who I hated this year, not Bonnie. We're not being friends, there's no coming back from what we've been through. I still don't trust her. She's a threat to Damon, she possibly still wants to kill him.

Bonnie walks around with an attitude 24/7, hating vampires and anybody associated with them. Why Elena is friends with her still, I'll never know. Bonnie tried being friends with me, but I told her the fuck off. It doesn't matter anyway, our friendship wouldn't work, it wouldn't be like her's and Elena's. I'm the girlfriend of the "bad vampire brother.", Elena is the girlfriend of the "good vampire brother." Get it?

"Whatever. As far as I'm concerned, you're my best friend Caroline." I smiled. "And Elena is my sister."

"You're my best friend too, Savannah." Caroline smiled. "Just don't tell Bonnie that, she'd probably freak."

I laughed at her, that was definitely true. "So, we're doing this Carnival?"

"Well, almost. For every town event, it needs to be approved by the Mayor. Luckily, he's your daddy."

"Right." I laughed. "I keep forgetting that. But, okay. I'll talk to him. Of course he'll say yes, so we better start planning it."

Me and Caroline stayed up all night planning for the Carnival. It wasn't approved yet, but we just knew my dad would OK it. What I can't believe, is that its August already. Which means in a few weeks we'd be going back to school. I knew Caroline would be throwing a end of summer or homecoming party, she was good for the parties.

When Caroline left this afternoon, I peaked in Elena's room and she wasn't in there. But I saw Jeremy strolling along in the hallway. "You see your sister?"

"Nope. Just got in. Sorry." He said before going into his room. Okay. I went to take a shower, I was going to Damon's today. After my shower, I got dressed into a pair of shorts, flip flops, and a tank top. I put my hair up messy. It looked like it was going to rain, so I grabbed a hoodie and slipped it on.

"I'm going out!" I yelled to whoever was listening and I left.

It just started raining when I got to Damon and Stefan's house, so I ran inside, they never lock their door. I went into the living room where I saw Stefan and Damon talking, this looked serious.

"Whats wrong?" I asked as I walked over to Stefan, giving him a hug before I went over to Damon and kissed him. He kept his arm hung loosely around my shoulder.

"Why would something be wrong?" Damon asked ask, taking a drink of whatever liquor was in his glass.

"The two of you have that look on your faces--like somethings wrong." I said, "Now spill it."

"Nothing to be alarmed about yet." Stefan spoke up

"So there is something wrong? You might as well tell me now because you know I won't shut up about it. Wow, we almost made it all summer without something weird happening." I went on and on until Damon silenced me, putting his hand over my mouth.

"Fine. I'll tell you." He rolled his eyes. "First. There's more vampires coming our way. And when I say coming our way, I mean I've seen at least two of them in town. I'm not sure who they are or what they want though."

"How many?"

"We don't know." Stefan spoke up again, "Could be between 4 and 6, maybe even more. They seem to be together, its what you call a coven."

"Okay...anything else?"

"Yeah.." Damon hesitated. "The Lockwoods. There's something up with them."

"What do you mean?"

"The night of the attack on the tomb vampires, when they were all stuffed in the basement. Mayor Lockwood was down there, only thing was..the device effected him, which is how he ended up down there in the first place. Tyler too, the device effected him and that caused him to crash his car.-"

"Damon." I rolled my eyes. "There's nothing wrong with Tyler except his temper. He's not a vampire, his family isn't supernatural. Trust me, I'd know. Do you guys look for stuff to investigate?" I laughed

"This is serious, Savannah." Stefan said. "We know they aren't vampire's but there's something supernatural there."

I just nodded my head, I wasn't going to argue with the Salvatore brothers, even though I was sure they were wrong about this one. But more vampires in town? That's nothing new, I knew Damon and Stefan would find out all about them and most likely kill them. "Have you seen Elena?"

"She's at Bonnie's"

"Ew." Me and Damon said at the same time.

I hung around Damon's house most of the day, there wasn't much to do since it was raining and all. Elena came by later with Stefan and we filled her in on the new vampires, then we talked about the upcoming carnival we're supposed to help with.