Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Carnival.

"Savannah, Savannah." I heard Damon's voice coming into my dreams, I tried to shake it off but this is Damon, he could nag you all day if he had the time

"What?" I mumbled

"That pesky little blonde called you twice, reminding you to help set up for the carnival"

"I'd much rather lay in bed all day with you." I opened my eyes and realized Damon was dressed. "Or maybe not."

"Mrs. Lockwood wants to have a chat with me."

"Okay, I'll just lay in your bed without you. That works too."

"Or, you can get up and go work on the carnival before Caroline calls again. I swear if she calls one more time and I hear that stupid California Girls song-"

"Hehe, okay okay." I laughed, stopping him from going any further. "You're cute when you're annoyed."

I pushed the covers off and got out of bed. I looked around the room for some clean clothes and headed towards the bathroom. "See you later." Damon said

"Don't go snooping around at the Lockwood's either just because you think they're inhuman or whatever." I told him before giving him a kiss

Damon rolled his eyes, "Fine."

After showering and getting dressed, I put my hair up and headed downstairs. I was the only one here, Elena was probably already at the school helping. I got in my car and drove to school.

The first person I saw when I arrived, was Bonnie, of course. I completely ignored her and walked over to Caroline.

"At your service Ms. Forbes" I smiled

"Finally!" She said, "You have got to stop with the morning quickies" She winked at me

"I was actually asleep, Care! Anyway, I'm yours all afternoon and into the night."

"Good, cause I so need you."

Caroline, Matt, Jeremy, Bonnie, Elena, myself, and more kids from school spent the entire morning and early afternoon setting up for the carnival. As the sun began to set, everything was in full swing and everybody seemed to be having a good time.

"So has Stefan said anything else about the new vampires in town?" I ask Elena when we finally get a moment alone

"He said he was spending the day tracking them, so I guess we'll find out when he gets here." Elena said

"I wonder what they want."

"I'm guessing blood." I heard Damon's voice. Before I could turn around, he was behind me with his arms wrapped around me, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "What else would a vampire want?"

"I don't know, Damon. What do you want?" Elena asked

"Nice try."

"Do you know anything about the vampires?" I asked him

"Nope. I had other business to attend to"

"Damon! I told you not to snoop!"

"I didn't, I promise." He did that stupid eye thing that just made me believe him, not because he looked innocent, but because he looked so damn good. "I just need Stefan to help me test a few theories when he gets here."

"Can't we just let the Lockwood thing go?" Elena asks

"Nope. It is my duty to keep this town safe, Elena!" Damon said in the most sarcastic voice

our conversation was interrupted by Bonnie walking over. She was brief and spoke only to Elena, Caroline needed her. Bonnie glared at Damon before walking away, It was enough to make me mad.

"Hey, come down there killer. Don't worry about her" Damon said

"We might as well have fun before you start trouble."

"Who says I'm starting trouble?"

"You have that look on your face. I know that look, Damon."

Damon grinned before taking my hand and leading me towards a game.

"Remember Atlanta?" He asked

"How can I forget? You won me the cutest stuffed dog ever." I smiled, thinking back to our road trip. Back then he could only be himself around me and acted a completely different way around everyone else

"What do you want this time?"

"Damon Salvatore, winning me something else? Careful, Stefan might see and claim you have a heart."

"I think we already determined I have one, only for you."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "I want that bear."

Damon nodded and stepped up to the game, knocking down everyone if the bottles. The worker gave me my bear and we walked away.

"It's my turn to win you something!" I smiled

I saw Damon holding in his laugh. "Oh.."

"what don't think I can do it?"

"Savannah, you're great at a lot of things but-"

"Not another word Damon!"

I stepped up to the test of strength game, which was probably the dumbest idea ever. I didn't even come close to ringing the bell.

"Aw, I'm sorry." The guy said

"This is horrible." I pouted. "My boyfriend said I couldn't win him anything and now he's right." I sighed

"Okay, here. Pick something little." he gave in

I perked up. "Thank you!" And I picked out the Minnie Mouse in pink clothing

"Here ya go, boyfriend" I said as I handed it to him

"Minnie Mouse?" Damon raised an eyebrow

"I had to get you something that would remind you of me every time you look at it" I smiled

"How'd you do that anyway?"

"Nobody can resist a cute, sad girl."

"You're gonna make one hell of a vampire." Damon laughed as he slung his arm around my shoulder. "What do you wanna do now?"

"I'm gonna sit down, you're gonna get us funnel cake."

"Yes, girlfriend."

I sat down at a table and waited for Damon. That's when Elena and Stefan walked over, fun time over.

"Can't you guys go away? I'm having a good night!"

"That's harsh, Sav" Stefan says

"Damon said as soon as you get here, he has stuff to take care of."

"I'll try to make it as fast as possible."

Damon returned to the table, funnel cake in hand. "What'd you find out?"

"I watched them all day. Strange thing is, they were doing normal everyday things." Stefan filled us in

"But why are they here?"

"I don't know. they didn't do anything suspicious. They looked normal."

"Well, since they don't seem like a threat at the moment, we'll get to them later. Now, the Lockwoods-"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I knew Tyler all my life, I would know if there was something weird about his family.

"We'll be back." Damon informed me

"But Damon!" I pouted

"I'm sorry." He said, handing me the Minnie mouse I won him. "I won't take too long"

"You owe me!" I said before Damon kissed me. "A ride on the Ferris Wheel!"

The boys walk away, me and Elena start eating the funnel cake which was intended for me and Damon.

"At least you got enough time with your boyfriend." Elena said. "So cheer up."

"Fine, fine. I guess I'll hang with you until they're done."

"You make it sound horrible!" Elena says as she throws a piece of funnel cake at me

"Haha, of course not."

"hey." Elena says as she picks up what I won for Damon. "Is this Damon's?"

"Hehe. I won it for him."

Elena just laughed. The two of us hung around the carnival while Damon and Stefan were dealing with the Lockwoods. Actually, they were just observing them. Mason Lockwood, who is Tyler's uncle was arm wrestling Tyler. That's when me and Elena walked up.

"Boyfriend." I said to Damon as I stood in front of him and he wrapped his arms around me. Him and Stefan were standing side by side watching the Lockwoods. Elena stood in front of Stefan and he did the same to her.

Mason beat Tyler quickly, which was weird. You'd think Tyler would be stronger, but it kinda looked like it hurt. "Alright, he's a champ. Who wants to go next?"

"Stefan wants to go!" Damon volunteered his brother. Stefan agreed and walked over to the table.

"Go Stef!" Me and Elena cheered him on. Stefan, too, also lost. He could of at least tried.

"You didn't put in any effort at all" Damon said once Stefan was back

"Yeah...I did." He said in all seriousness

We followed the two of them into the school where they could talk more privately.

"What is it with that family!" Damon was getting irritated. "If they're not vampires, what the hell are they?"

"Ohh!" Stefan perked up. "Maybe they're uhh... ninja turtles"

"you're not funny!"

Me and Elena start laughing, really really hard. Damon looks at us, glaring. He is not amused.

"I'm sorry. It's not funny, it's just-" Elena starts

"Last year, Stefan was the serious one and it's so weird seeing you like this!" I finish

"Whatever. I have an idea." Damon says, walking over to some guy working. He starts compelling him to start a fight with Tyler.

"Damon! What the hell!" I yell

"You know better than anybody that he is incapable from backing away from a fight."

"What are you trying to prove?!"

"Let's see who intervenes. Maybe that supernatural uncle of his."

"Whatever, I'm not sticking around to watch this." I said as I started walking away from them.

"Savannah!"

I ignored Damon and kept walking until I saw my sister, who is at the carnival with Aiden.

"Hey Rachel, Aiden." I said with a smile as I approached them

"Hey sis!" Rachel said

"Sav, what's up?"

"Nothing. You guys enjoying the carnival?"

"Yeah, Caroline really outdone herself, like always. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, Damon just made me mad. That's all."

"Oh, who can possibly stay mad at him"

"Shut up." I laugh. "I'm going home, see ya."

I got in my car and went home. It was a little early. I took a shower before laying down to go to bed.

"Savannah, hey. Hey..babe." I opened my eyes to see Damon hovering over me. I glanced at the clock, it was a little after midnight. "Still mad at me?" He asked as he stroked my hair

"What happened with Tyler?" I asked softly, I just woke up after all.

"Fight broke out, Mason got involved. Nothing besides him leaping really high."

"There really is something up with him, huh?"

"Yeah. Just got to figure out what. I'm sorry for making you mad."

"Just forget about it, okay Damon?" I said. I wanted to forget about it, It wasn't worth getting worked up over. "Anything else happen tonight?"

"Actually, yeah. There was an attack, whoever did it was very sloppy with their work. Me and Stefan are guessing it's one of those vampires."

"Oh great."

"And Bonnie set me on fire."

I sat up quickly. "SHE WHAT?! Like, legit set you on fire?!"

"She assumed it was me. She freaked out, did that stupid witch shit and next thing I know...I'm on fire. I could of actually died but luckily Elena was there to stop her."

"Excuse me, I'll be back." I say as I throw the covers off me and get out if bed. I'll kill her. But Damon grabs me, preventing me from going anywhere

"Calm down killer. I'm okay."

"I should of been there tonight." I pouted. "I'm sorry I left."

"Baby it's not your fault. Let's just sleep and we'll worry about stuff later."

"Okay."