Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Now.

Werewolves, Vampires, Witches. I've seen so many different supernatural things in this town, nothing will surprise me these days. Today, I'm taking a day away from all this drama in town. I'm spending my day at the spa, total relaxation. That is, until my phone goes off. Dammit. I look at the ID, and its Rachel so I decide to answer it

"Hello." I groan into the phone, not really wanting to be bothered.

"Bestest sister ever, I love you." Rachel says happily

"Ugh. What do you want? Didn't I tell everybody I was to be left alone today?"

"Yes, and I know that. You know I wouldn't call unless I really needed you."

"You have two seconds before I hang up on you." I say as I try drifting back into relaxation

"Okay, okay! I need you to pick me up from Aiden's" I give her my full attention. "Dad was supposed to, but you know, Mayor things."

"I'm on my way."

"Thank you."

Relaxation over. I have to go to Aiden's house. I quickly change back into my clothes & head to my car. Rachel texts me his address, and I put it in my GPS. I get there rather quickly, taking a deep breath as I approach the door. The door is answered by....well, I don't exactly know.

"You must be Savannah, I'm Aiden's mother." The woman tells me, "Victoria, nice to meet you." She extends her hand

"Nice to met you, too." I accept her hand before she invites me in.

I'm not sure how long I can keep myself under control, but I do long enough for Rachel to say goodbye to Aiden. We're about to leave and I just can't hold back.

"Rachel, wait in the car. I just wanna talk to Victoria." I tell her, "I'll be two seconds."

"Okay."

Rachel does as she's told and waits in my car. I turn directly to Victoria. "I know what you are."

"Excuse me?" She smiles, "I'm sorry. I don't understand."

"You, your family, you're vampires." Her faces hardens a little.

"Vampires...?"

"Don't play stupid with me, don't lie. I know about you."

"You don't understand-"

"I don't want to understand. I just want to know why you're here and what your son or whatever he really is to you, wants with my sister."

"Aiden loves Rachel, that's all." She started to explain. "Me and my family just want to be normal people. Go on about our everyday lives, just like you, your family, and friends do. We didn't want this life. My son has found a great girl, your sister. He loves her and just wants to be with her."

"I don't care. You tell your son to stay away from my sister."

Before she can respond, I leave their house. Putting a smile on my face as I walk to the car.

"What were you guys talking about?" Rachel asks

"Oh, just getting to know her. I've never met anybody in Aiden's family. With dad being busy with his town duties and mom always out of town, somebody has to be there for you." I explain as I drive down the roads.

"I'm lucky to have a sister like you."

"Right back atcha."

After I drop Rachel off, I get changed real fast and head over to Damon's. Him & Stefan are more worried about the Lockwood problem. Myself on the other hand, I'm worried about this coven of vampires. I don't think confronting them was the right thing, but I had to.

"Boyfriend." I say as I kiss Damon, "I think I made an uh-oh"

"You think?" Damon questions, "What did you do?"

"Okay. You see..Rachel wanted me to pick her up from Aiden's house-"

"Uh oh, what did you do?"

"I kinda outed the mother and told her I knew what they were. I told her to tell Aiden to stay away from Rachel."

"Great. Well..what did she say?"

"She told me they just want to be a normal family, and that..they didn't ask for this life. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I told her to keep Aiden away anyway."

"Well, this is a problem."

"I shouldn't of said anything, huh?"

"Well, we were going to deal with that after we deal with the Lockwoods."

"That's nice and all, but this is my sister we're talking about. What did you expect me to do, Damon?"

"Okay, okay. Calm down" Damon says, taking me into his arms. "We'll figure something out, don't worry."

"Can't we deal with this first, please Damon?"

"Alright fine. Tomorrow, we're going to that house."

"Thank you. Now, I'm going to take a nap. My day of relaxation isn't over, pretend I'm not here."

"Yes ma'am. Get I get you anything?"

"Maybe a smoothie or something to eat, after I wake up."

"Okay babe, have a nice nap" Damon says before kissing my forehead.

I fall back into a nice sleep pretty quickly. The nap must of lasted for hours, when I wake up there's a bunch of vampire's in the room. Damon, Stefan, Anna, Jeremy, and Caroline. Also, Elena and Alaric.

"Whats going on?" I ask as I sit up, Damon handing me BLT sandwhich & a drink. I smile at him, "Thank you."

"You're still relaxing." Damon says

"It's okay, fill me in."

"We're working on a plan to take down that family of vampires." Damon says

"If its necessary, of course." Stefan adds.

"Of course." Damon smirks

"Okay, so whats the deal--hold that thought." I say as my cell phone goes off, its Rachel. "Hello."

"Got some time to talk?"

"Yeah, sure." I say, leaving the room. "Whats up?"

"I love Aiden, you know that right?"

"Yeah, sure. What about it?"

"Do you believe in the supernatural?"

Uh oh, I try to play it cool. "Like, space aliens?"

"Um. I guess that counts, but no. You know, like..vampire's and stuff"

"Okay, this isn't Twilight-"

"Savannah, I'm trying to be serious!"

"Okay, okay. Continue."

"I know this sounds weird and crazy, but... I'm dating a vampire."

Oh great, now she knows about this. What the hell am I gonna do now? I was hoping to leave her out of this and she'd just believe that Aiden and his family moved away or something.

"You're funny." I laugh

"Savannah!"

"I'm sorry. Okay, your boyfriend the vampire, how do you know he's a vampire?"

"Um..he showed me."

"...what do you mean, he showed you?"

"He..he showed me his fangs, and his eyes, they get all...I don't know, weird when he's hungry or whatever."

"Umm.."

"The thing is I'm not afraid, I like it."

"Um, thats uhh interesting. Rachel, I gotta go, I'll see you at home."

I hang up the phone quickly and just stand there in shock. He's a vampire and she likes it, this can't be happening. I return to Damon's room and all of the vampire's obviously know whats going on because they're looking at me

"We have to take care of this. Now."