Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

The Bitch is Back.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Stefan asked

"Yes! I don't care if Katherine's back. It's Senior year, I'm not spending my last year in high school hiding from a psychopath. I'm gonna enjoy it, I'm not afraid of her." I told him. Me and Elena were at Stefan and Damon's getting ready for school. I don't care if Katherine is back, I'm not afraid of her. I wasn't afraid of her before, and I sure as hell ain't afraid of her now.

"At least Stefan will be there with you," Damon says

"I don't need Stefan's protection," I complained, "What you can do is find her and see what the hell she's doing in Mystic Falls and not DEAD."

"Yeah, you too, Stefan." Elena said as the two of us walked out the door and to my car

"Do you really think they killed her?" I asked

"I saw them do it, I just don't get it."

"Every vampire they've killed has died and never came back. Why her?"

"I don't know, Sav. I don't know"

I wasn't letting Katherine get me down. So what if she's back? Damon killed her once, I'm sure he'll do it again. I soon found myself in History class, taking notes. Alaric was my History teacher again this year, I got lucky. I just barely passed his class last year, I'm not going to screw it up again. This class is one of the few credits I need to graduate.

"Savannah, can we talk?" I heard a whisper

I turned around and realized Bonnie was sitting behind me. Is she crazy? I laughed and ignored her, I went back to writing down my notes until the end of class.

"Alaric." I approached him as soon as all the students left

"You're in class today, wow." He says

"Its third period, I'll always be here."

"Glad to hear it, whats up?"

"Have you talked to Damon?"

"Yeah, he called me earlier. I heard about Katherine. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. Just wondering...is there any reason why she wouldn't of died?"

"Actually, no. I have no idea," He brought his voice down to a whisper, "I'm just the vampire hunter, not an expert"

"I thought I got rid of the vampire problem, now there's another one. On top of this werewolf situation, its frustrating"

"Well, don't worry about it now. You're at school. I'll be at Damon's tonight, we can all talk about it then"

I nodded my head and then left the classroom. Headed for lunch, I was pretty hungry. I grabbed an iced tea and stuck it on my tray, then I grabbed pizza. "Savannah!"

Ugh, what now Bonnie? "Yes?"

"Can we please talk?" She asked as she caught up to me

"What is there to talk about?"

"5 minutes of your time, that's all."

"Fine."

I agreed to talk. Only because I was hungry and wanted to sit down. Also, if this were the other way around, I'd want her to hear me out. Although, I'd never try to hurt somebody she loved. Bonnie took a seat across from me and I looked at her, ready to hear her explanation

"I'm sorry." She started

"About what?"

"I knew you weren't going to make this easy. For....everything."

"Bonnie, last year, you were the most horrible friend I ever had."

"I know, I was horrible. I just..After my grams died, I blamed him and every vampire I saw."

"No. You blamed Damon, you didn't blame Stefan though"

"I didn't blame Stefan because of his character, he was always known to be the good brother. But Damon...he was always so evil and malicious."

"Damon isn't who he used to be."

"Obviously he isn't, if you're still with him."

"Bonnie. You were horrible. Not only to Damon, but to me too. When you got back from your grams funeral, I know how bad you felt. I wanted to be there for you because that's what best friends do. But you shut me out like this was my fault! You didn't do the same to Elena and it's because she's dating the good brother and I wasn't. That hurt me, do you realize how long we were friends?"

"I know, but I was just so angry. I didn't want you choosing between me and your boyfriend either."

"You thought making the choice for me was better?"

"At the time, yes."

"You've been punishing him, you almost had him killed more than once, he has enough to deal with. You set him on fire!"

"I know, and I'm sorry about all of that. I know Damon is actually a good guy and he loves you. All I know is...in 9th grade me, you, Caroline, and Elena promised to enter senior year together, graduate as best friends."

"And I'm graduating as best friends with two out of those three girls."

"Savannah.."

"Damon told me what you did though. How you helped him and Stefan save us, I never thanked you for it."

"You don't have to. At the end of the day, you know I have your back."

I sighed. I'm actually gonna forgive her after all the shit we've been through. "Being my friend isn't easy. I have a lot of vampire drama in my life"

"I can help you, I am a witch after all"

We got up to throw our trays away. It might be good for us to be friends, for the sake of us and for Mysic Falls, who knows. We went our separate ways and I met up with Elena for English.

"Did I really see you and Bonnie having lunch together?" Elena asks, "Epic"

"We might of been making up," I told her, "You could of sat with us"

"Me and Caroline didn't wanna ruin the big moment"

"Oh, shut up Elena."

After English was over, we headed over to Damon & Stefan's. Perks of being a senior...you don't have to stay all day if your core classes are finished. We walked inside to see Jeremy crying and Damon comforting him

"What happened?!" Elena yelled

"We were only gone four hours!"

Jeremy looked up and glared into the doorway, ready to attack. Damon held him down, I turned to see Katherine standing there in the flesh, "Hello Savannah, Elena."