Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Masquerade

"I don't understand why the two of you let her out of the basement, she hasn't given you any information and now she's just walking about the town like everything's okay," I said to Damon as I picked out my outfit for tonight

Tonight is the Masquerade Ball at the Lockwood Estate. Its for charity or something I guess, or maybe just the sake of having a party.

"You don't have to worry about her anymore, I have a plan," Damon says as he lays on my bed, "Tonight, Katherine gets a stake through her heart"

I laughed and turned around to face him, "Apparently that doesn't work with her, does it? Oh, and we don't even know why. So, how do you honestly expect to kill her?"

"She hasn't given me any information. One way or another, she's going to die."

"SAVANNAH SAVANNAH SAVANNAH SAVANNAH!" I heard Caroline's voice and her running into my room, "Oh my god!"

"Hi, Blondie," Damon said, "Heard of knocking?"

"Shut up!" Caroline complained, taking a seat next to him on my bed, "I saw Katherine at the grill."

Damon immediately shot up, "Did she say anything?"

"Yeah. She said she wants the moonstone, or she'll rip the town apart until it rains blood. She scares me."

"Don't let her scare you," I told her as I looked at another dress, "She's pathetic"

"Okay, so she's got a plan for tonight."

"And?"

"I do too,"

"Well, you should go work on that plan, right?" I asked Damon

Damon got up at vampire speed, "Yes, I should." He said as he walked over and kissed me, then left. I sighed and shoved another dress back in my closet

"Everything okay?" Caroline asked

"Honestly, no." I sighed once more

"Whats going on?"

"Ever since Katherine got back, things have been tense between me and Damon. I mean, she's not even around much and she's still a burden on my relationship."

"Hopefully, Damon and Stefan can stop her."

"Yeah, hopefully. Luckily, Damon has laid off Tyler, that was bothering me also"

"I think everything is going to work out the way it should be."

"You're right, come on. Lets go get coffee"

Me and Caroline left my house, headed to the coffee shop. While there, we ran into Bonnie. It feels good to be friends with her again, I must admit.

"Headed to Damon's?" She asked

"Wasn't planning on it. why?" I asked

"I'm needed there, Stefan said. I don't know whats going on, but apparently they need a witch."

"Bonnie, you don't have to-"

"I already told you. I'll help you any way I can."

I gave her a smile then me and Caroline decided to tag along with Bonnie to Damon's. He says he has a plan, we might as well see it. Alaric, Damon, Stefan, and Jeremy are all in the living room waiting. Bonnie followed us inside, her grimoire in hand.

"Do I even wanna know?" I ask as I walk over to Damon and he wraps an arm around me

"Why don't you just do what you do best? Sit down and look pretty"

"Don't get smart with me today, Salvatore." I smirked before giving him a kiss then letting them get down to work

Alaric was showing Damon and Stefan how to use all his vampire killing tools and Bonnie promises to use a spell to trap Katherine. Hopefully, this is the end of her. I'm just curious to why she wants the moonstone. After I while I left so I could get ready for the ball. Elena wasn't going, she wasn't up for it tonight. After I did my hair and makeup, I got dressed, then I headed over to the Lockwood Estate

The whole night, I basically let Stefan, Bonnie, and Damon do their work. I didn't need to be involved, nor did I want to be. I hung around with Tyler and Matt most of the night. I saw Caroline for a little bit and Bonnie not at all. I guess that's what happens when your friends are vampires and witches, always having to be apart of some type of plan.

I met up with Bonnie and Jeremy, who were talking to Elena

"Well, look who finally decided to come," I smiled at Elena

"I don't even know why I'm here"

Elena's laughed turned into pure screaming agony. A blood spot appeared on her stomach as she screamed out in pain.

"Elena!" I screamed, "Bonnie! What is happening?"

Before she could answer, another spot of blood appeared at her back and her screaming continued

"Its Damon and Stefan! Whatever they do to Katherine, is happening to her! GO GO!" Bonnie yelled

I ran inside and up the stairs into the room Caroline had trapped Katherine in with Stefan and Damon. Just as Stefan was about to run the steak through her heart, I screamed at him, "STOP! DAMON DON'T!" It got his attention, "Everything you do to Katherine, Elena feels it. Don't kill her!"

Katherine starts to laugh, "You think you two were the only ones with a witch on your side? Wrong. Something tells me that my witch is better than your witch."

Katherine starts intentionally hurting herself so Elena will feel it, "Damon! Make her stop!"

"Damon, make her stop" She mocked me with a grin on her face, "You can hit me ya know. But it would be just like smacking your best friend in the face."

"You're gonna pay, Katherine."

Stefan starts having realizations about the moonstone Katherine wants while we wait for Bonnie to talk to the other witch, getting her to lift the spell off Elena

"Who were you running from in 1864, Katherine?" Stefan asked her

Her response? "I love you,"

The witch she was working with returns to the room, notifying us that the spells are lifted and Elena is fine. She also hands Katherine the moonstone, thanks Bonnie. To our surprise, she does something because then Katherine falls to the ground, "You should of told me there was another witch"

It looks like the boys could handle it from here. I went downstairs to check on Elena, but ran into Tyler instead, who didn't look so good.

"Tyler?" I asked, taking a seat on the step next to him, "Whats going on?"

"I didn't mean to," He almost started crying

I nodded and moved the conversation into the other room, "Ty?"

"She came at me with a knife. I don't know why. So I pushed her away, her neck it just.." Oh god, he killed her, "She said something like, if Matt fails, she can't"

No doubt about it, this had Katherine written all over it. I couldn't believe this, "It's going to be okay Tyler. I'll be here for you, every step of the way."

Tyler didn't say anything and I don't blame him. I stayed with him long after the party was over. He really needed a friend right now. Its horrible that Mason's gone, Tyler definitely needs him now. I left after a while and headed home to change. Damon was already in my room, waiting.

"Come on," He says

"Where are we going?" I asked

"The tomb. Katherine should be awake by now."

"The tomb? Katherine, you said-"

"I know what I said. But, I have good reasons."

"Fine"

We headed to the tomb, ya know, the tomb where all the 1864 vampires were in. Katherine was just waking up, I couldn't help but laugh at her situation.

"Where am I?" She asked, she still had the moonstone

"Where you should of been all along." Damon

"You should of just killed me"

"Death would be too kind," Damon laughed, "And you don't deserve kind. Say goodbye to Katherine, Savannah." Damon said as he started closing the door

"Goodbye, Katherine."

"NO! DAMON! DON'T! You need me! Elena's in danger!" Damon stopped for a minute

"From who?" But she didn't answer, "Of course, you're lying"

Damon starts closing the door more, "Why do you think I haven't killed her? Because she's the doppelganger, she needs to be protected."

"Then we'll protect her," Damon says, "While you rot in hell"

Damon then starts closing the door more and more while Katherine is screaming, "No! Damon don't do this! Please, I'll do anything. You need me!" She banged on the door once it was closed, "You need me!"

You could faintly hear her screams from outside the tomb and I couldn't get enough of it. Katherine was locked up, in her rightful place. Nothing can come between me and Damon now.