Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Steady Love

"Do you like her?" I asked Damon

"Are you insane?!"

"Do not answer a question with a question, Damon. Do you like her?" I pressed the issue

"Savannah. Let's be real. I love you,"

"Just because you love me doesn't mean you can't like somebody as well,"

Damon was getting annoyed, "Can we focus on the issue at hand?"

"Fine," I replied

When Stefan and Damon went to rescue Elena. She was being held by two vampires. One, who's name is Rose, is now staying here after a series of events. I think Damon might like her. He isn't nice to anybody who he doesn't care about. Why is he being so nice to her? Who cares if she's helping us!

"Ya know, while we're on the topic of liking people... Tyler Lockwood." Damon pressed that issue

"Oh god, Damon. What about him?"

"Well-"

"And don't hold the fact that I was with him during his first full moon against me,"

"It's kind of hard not too, he's your ex-boyfriend,"

"He's also been my friend forever, of course I'm going to help him,"

"But you loved him,"

I laughed, "Yes, I loved him. But I don't feel that way anymore. I love you so shut up."

"But-"

"Can we focus on the issue at hand?" I mocked Damon

He nodded his head and we continued. We were eating Chinese food and going over everything that has happened.

"So, you rescue Elena from Rose and whats-his-face, who were only trying to save their asses by giving Elena to this original vampire named Elijah," I said

"Right," Damon agreed, "We showed up, the male vampire got killed, then we staked Elijah,"

"Elijah wanted Elena because she's the Petrova doppelganger and she's the key to breaking the sun and the moon curse, now what?"

"I don't know," Damon frowned, "We haven't gotten that far. That's where Rose comes in, she's been around much longer, she can help piece some of this stuff together,"

I rolled my eyes slightly. I was jealous, whatever. But it was only fitting, Damon's jealous of that nothingness that's going on between me and Tyler, "And where is she now?"

"I asked her to find something to do for the night, so we can spend time together,"

"Spend time together figuring out ways to protect Elena," I laughed, "That's what normal couples do, yup,"

Damon laughed and wrapped an arm around me, "We were never once a normal couple,"

I agreed, "That's true,"

"So, time with you tonight. Time tomorrow with my other girlfriend,"

I knew he was joking, but it wasn't very funny, "Damon Salvatore, that isn't funny," I crossed my arms

"You know I'm kidding and I love you,"

"Whatever,"

"Wanna know how much?"

"Humor me, Damon."

Damon sat up and stared right into my eyes, he was as serious as possible.

"If you wanted to, I'd turn you right now. We'd really be together forever," He said in all seriousness

"We'd be together forever," I mocked him, "Ya know, I miss ruthless Damon,"

Damon was shocked as his mouth dropped and he stared at me with wide eyes, "You hated that guy!"

"I didn't hate him!"

"You were always telling me to have compassion, be nice to people, love my brother, all that bullshit,"

I laughed, okay maybe he was right. But I sure didn't hate that version of him, that was after all the version of Damon I fell in love with.

"Would you really do it?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow at me, "Turn me. Right now."

"I would,"

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Whoa," Damon stopped me, "Don't you wanna talk to I don't know....Elena, about this first?"

"I don't need Elena's permission or anybody else's for that matter,"

"And you're sure?"

I thought it over, I've wanted this for some time now and haven't changed my mind, "On one condition,"

"Yeah?"

" Actually two, after I wake up, I don't want to feed on an actual human, just some blood from the blood bank. I also want a necklace, not a ring."

Damon laughed, "You really thought this through, huh? Any special way you wanna die?"

I thought it over for a second. It didn't really cross my mind that I was willingly letting my boyfriend kill me until now, "Just cover my mouth and nose until I stop breathing,"

"This all just seems a little-"

"You just said you'd do it," I told him

"You're actually having a conversation with me about how you want me to kill you. You find nothing wrong with this?"

"You know what I've experienced since you came into my life? I find nothing wrong with anything,"

"Okay," he sighed

"I thought you loved me and wanted me forever, too. And you just said you'd do it,"

"You're right. I have a condition though,"

"Yes?"

"You get your necklace and your blood bank blood. But I want to snap your neck and get it over with. If I have to suffocate you and watch you slowly die, I'm making you hunt a human,"

"Okay, deal."

We sat there a little while longer talking about it. I couldn't believe tonight was the night it was actually going to happen. I wasn't prepared at all. Why wait? This was gonna happen after graduation anyway. Caroline is a vampire high schooler and she's doing just fine.

Damon cut open his wrist and I drank his blood. Here it is, no going back now. Damon asked one last time if I was sure about this. I wouldn't of said yes if I wasn't 100% sure, "close your eyes," Damon told me. I felt his hands around my neck, a twist. Everything went black.