Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Precious Stone

"I've got to admit, this right here is an interesting duo,"

"Just get in the car," I rolled my eyes, ready to take off for the highway

She got in the car with a smirk played on her face, shut the door, and I took off speeding.

"Whoa," She said, "You're really enjoying this undead thing, huh? How's that blood lust?"

I sat my cup down in the cup holder as I kept my eyes on the road, "Fine."

I felt her getting slightly annoyed, "So, where are we going?"

"For a drive, we're gonna talk,"

"Damon talked to me. Said to keep an eye on you. I'm sure he doesn't need you feeding on yet another human,"

"That was one time," I said with a touch of anger, "just once."

Another eye roll, this time for her, "So what are we talking about?"

"I wanna know the truth. About the moonstone, the curse. About why you really came back to Mystic Falls, because you and me both know it wasn't for Stefan or Damon. The truth, Katherine,"

"Well, if we're taking a trip down memory lane, you better start calling me Katerina,"

Me and Katherine aren't friends, don't get the wrong idea. Yes, I'd rather be anywhere right now, far away from her. But it seems as if I'm the only one she'll tell the truth to. Why? I have no idea.

Some things have happened. A werewolf friend of Mason's came to town looking for him, unfortunately, he's dead. As if we didn't have enough problems. Turns out Damon and Stefan didn't kill this original vampire, Elijah, properly. Funny, same thing happened when they tried killing Katherine. Apparently, this Elijah guy wants to keep Elena safe. Shocking. I've never seen this guy, but apparently he wants to kill Klaus, who is his brother. He's using Elena as bait to lure him close, because, well, Klaus needs Elena.

"So what is boyfriend Damon doing with Rose? Shouldn't you be spending the day with him rather than me?" Katherine smirked

"Damon and Rose are working together to help us protect Elena. Now you, start talking,"

She took a deep breath, "Okay, here goes. I was fifteen years old. Bulgaria, year 1490. I gave birth to a child, a baby girl. I shamed my family and my father took my daughter away. I got to hold her for maybe a second before she was snatched out of my arms. Shortly after that, I was banish to England. I quickly adjusted,"

"You are one old bitch," I tried to lighten the mood. As much as I hated her, I couldn't imagine the pain she felt

"I'll let that one slide," She said through her teeth, "In 1492, I was introduced to Elijah by a fellow vampire. Elijah then introduced me to Klaus. I found Klaus very charming until I found out he was a vampire who wanted to kill me. He was going to sacrifice me to break the sun and the moon curse. So, I escaped, taking the moonstone with me."

"And you've had it all this time?" I asked

"Oh yeah. Trevor, the vampire I told you about, helped me escape. He was in love with me, of course," she smirked

"Of course," I rolled my eyes

"That was until that bitch Rose locked me in a room and threatened to take me back to Klaus. Same reason she took Elena. The whole giving Klaus the doppelganger thing to erase her own debt to him. I tried to commit suicide by stabbing myself, she cured me with her blood. Then I hung myself,"

"And you transitioned,"

"Yeah," She said,"Rose tried staking me and I got as far away as possible. I went back to Bulgaria, Klaus... slaughtered my family." I didn't know what to say about that. This Klaus seems very dangerous and now he wants Elena, "I was on the run since then, living all over the world with fear that Klaus would eventually find me. I eventually ended up in America in 1864 and met-"

"Yeah," I stopped her, "Heard that story one too many times,"

"Right,"

"Serious question. Why are you such a bitch?"

"Really?" she asked

"Seriously,"

"My family disowned me when I was fifteen. My daughter was taken away from me right after I gave birth to her. Klaus tried to kill me and has been chasing me for years. Klaus also murdered my family. It's easier to be the bitch, trust me."

Katherine definitely is a surprise. I have a feeling she's actually being very open and honest with me, "What are you really doing back in Mystic Falls?"

"Elena's the first Petrova doppelganger since me. You need 5 things to lift the curse: the current doppelganger, a vampire, a witch, a werewolf, and the moonstone."

"You figured you'd offer Elena and the moonstone to Klaus,"

"I'm tired of running, Savannah. I was hoping maybe, just maybe, he'd spare my life if he got what he wanted."

"But can you trust him?"

"I don't trust anybody,"

The drive back to Mystic Falls was silent. Today was weird, very different. I thought if I was ever alone with her, I'd try to kill her, "Katherine,"

"What?" She rolled her eyes

"Why me? Why'd you tell me all of this?"

She looked at me with an eye roll again and sighed, "Look, don't take it personal," she started, "I guess I respect you a little. You're the only human who's ever stood up to me while I was at my most ruthless point. Takes balls to do that. By the way," She changed the subject, "Has Elena found about you yet?"

"No," I snapped, "And she isn't going to until I'm ready,"

I walked into the Salvatore house and collapsed on the couch, I was exhausted.

"How was your day with Katherine?" Damon asked, taking a seat next to me, "Gotta admit, kinda awkward. The girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend,"

"Shut up, Damon," I laughed before telling him everything Katherine told me

"She never told me and Stefan any of that," Damon said, almost insulted

"Aw, are you jealous?"

"Funny,"

"And how was your night?"

"Ya know, the usual. Manson's werewolf friend came in here and tried to attack me. Instead she bit Rose,"

"Is she gonna die?"

"I think so, I mean, its fatal to a vampire,"

"Wow,"

"Which is why I don't want you involved with this werewolf mess."

"Damon, you can't ask me to stay out of this,"

"No, I can ask you. I just can't stop you,"

"We'll keep each other safe,"