Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Turn to Stone

"We need to talk, Savannah,"

"What's there to talk about Elena?" I asked her, "Honestly? What can we possibly talk about?"

"Savannah- you're a-"

"I'm a vampire, Elena. It's okay, you can say it out loud."

"It's just crazy, you of all people. Remember when you didn't believe in the supernatural?"

"Yeah," I told her, "Now I'm living proof there there is. I'm a vampire, me and Damon haven't talked in two weeks. There's original vampires running around town fighting over you, one of them is quite evil and was walking around town in Alaric's body. He almost killed me and wants to turn Tyler into a Hybrid. By the way, there's werewolves running around here, fighting with us vampires. I'm scared for my life,"

"It's been two weeks since you've talked to Damon?"

"That's the only thing you took from that? Really?"

"Savannah-"

"Yeah. We haven't spoken in two weeks, we've been fighting. About Rose, about Tyler, about you.." I trailed off, "And to think, I became a vampire because of him, its like I barely know him anymore,"

"You need to see him," Elena told me

"Why? I'm not the one who should be apologizing,"

"I don't know how much time he has left,"

I looked at her, confused, "What do you mean?"

"Tyler. He.. he bit Damon. A few nights ago,"

"There's no cure for a werewolves bite," I said blankly as I stared off into space

"I can drive you," Elena laid a hand on my shoulder

"No," I told her, "That's okay,"

I left my house abruptly, not even saying bye to Elena. I stood at the Salvatore house, staring at the door, not knowing what to expect inside. We haven't spoken in two weeks, what was I thinking? What if there isn't any time left? Damon is going to die. Its funny, you're mad at somebody, you have all the time in the world to be angry with them. People don't talk for weeks, months, sometimes even years and one day the speak again and everything's okay.

Damon and I won't have that. Being vampires, I really did think we had all the time in the world, I was wrong. The door suddenly opened and there stood Stefan, I hadn't realized I was crying until he said something.

"Don't cry, Savannah," Stefan said

"Where's Damon?" I asked him

"I'm not gonna let him die, he's my brother," Stefan took me in his arms and let me cry on his shoulder for a while, "He's inside, drinking. Come on,"

I followed Stefan into the living room. The tears came down again and I stood there in shock as we saw Damon in front of the window with the sun beaming in, with his ring off. His skin started burning.

"NO!" I screamed as Stefan tackled him down, taking him straight downstairs to the basement. Stefan returned and gave me a hug, "Whats the plan?"

"I don't know. I have Bonnie searching for a cure, something. I'm not gonna give up,"

"Stefan, I need to talk to him. It can't wait. You go meet with Bonnie, I'll stay with him,"

Stefan nodded his head and left the house. I headed downstairs to the basement and opened the door, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't wanna talk to me," Damon said, he looked kind of out of it

"Damon, you're my boyfriend and you're dying!"

"I'm sorry,"

"Lets get you upstairs, you don't look so good," I helped him up and took him to his bedroom, he kept saying 'Katherine,' like they were having a conversation before he was turned into a vampire, "What do you see, Damon?"

"I see Katherine, the night before I went off to war. She asked if it was so wrong that she loved Stefan and Me," Damon said, "Caroline, toying with her and making her do what I wanted. Using you until I got to Katherine. My subconscious is eating me alive. I..I what am I seeing? I need Blood."

"I'm gonna get you some, stay right here Damon, please,"

I left the room and returned downstairs where Alaric was, "Hey," he said to me

"Ric, what are you doing here?"

"How's Damon?"

"Not good at all. He's not in a good state of mind. He needs blood,"

Just then the door opened and in barged sheriff Forbes and two police officers, "Where's Damon?"

"GET OUT!"

"Savannah, please don't make this harder than it already is,"

"I SAID GET OUT!"

"LIz," Damon said as he appeared in the kitchen, grabbing sheriff Forbes and slamming her into the wall before taking off.

"DAMON!" I yelled

I ran into town where there was a screening of Gone With the Wind, all my friends were there. I met up with Bonnie and Caroline.

"Listen, I don't know where Damon is but he's not in good shape. Please, help me find him," I told them

"Of course," They said

"Please, whatever you do, don't hurt him. Please," I begged them, mainly Bonnie.

"Where's Stefan?" Caroline asked

"He went to look for Klaus," Bonnie said, "The witches wouldn't help me with Damon but Emily said Klaus' name, maybe there's something there,"

I nodded my head, we split up in search for Damon. Soon, I got a call from Jeremy

"Hey its me, I found Damon. We're at the grill. He's been asking about you,"

"Thanks little brother,"

I hung up and the three of us quickly went to the grill, I walked in on Sheriff Forbes trying to shoot Damon, but she ended up shooting Jeremy, missing his chest, but hitting his stomach, "Are you alright?" I asked him

"Fuck, that hurts!" he said, "I'm fine, but I lost Damon."

"It's okay, I'll find him,"