Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Impressed

I didn't know much about Klaus expect for the fact that he wants to create Hybrids. He also tried to kill me while he occupied Alaric's body. I ran out of the gym as fast as I could, I left Elena alone with him but I had to find Tyler and arm him. I ran down the hall and ran into Caroline and Tyler, who were making out.

"Guys!" I stopped them. "We have a problem." Sure, maybe I was done with Elena and worrying about her well being. But I never stopped caring for Tyler, through out all our issues we've had with each other, I still consider him one of my best friends. I'm also happy he's with Caroline, the two of them deserve to be happy and they make each other happy.

"What's wrong?" Caroline asked.

I was interrupted by a blond girl, I've never seen her face before. "You're Caroline, Elena's friend. So that must make you, Tyler. The werewolf." the blond girl said

Like it was a reflex, Caroline and I stepped in front of Tyler.

"Who are you?" I asked

"I'm the new girl." she smiled a wicked smile and went for Caroline's throat. I reacted quickly and shoved her off. This girl must be really, really old. She shoved Caroline and myself out of the way and ran off with Tyler.

"Shit!" I screamed

"Come on." Caroline said.

"The gym. Klaus was in the gym, that's what I tried telling you. They must be working together."

"Let's go." We hurried off to the gym where we saw a group of people. Elena, Bonnie, Matt, that blond, two random students, and Tyler was being held by the neck by Klaus. "LET HIM GO!"

"Ah, I assume the two of you already met my sister, Rebekah." Klaus said. "As I was saying, every time I attempt to create a Hybrid, they die during the transition." he said as he bit into his wrist and forced Tyler to swallow his blood. "Bonnie, you better find a way to fix this, for Tyler's sake."

I turned away as he snapped Tyler's neck. Great, Tyler is going to die. He's going to die because of Elena. Maybe I should put all the blame on Elena, it isn't exactly her fault. But, I can just imagine how simple our lives would be if Elena wasn't around. It's horrible to even think about, but it's very true.

"He's dead." Matt said

"No." Elena said. "He has vampire blood in his system, he'll transition."

"If Bonnie is successful, he'll live through his transition." Klaus chimed in

"What are you gonna do, Bonnie?" I asked in a panic. If there was any possible way I could save Tyler, I would. "It comes down to one choice. Elena or Tyler."

Everyone looked at me, shocked that the words even came out of my mouth. Elena looked at me for a second then glanced down at the floor. She must be full of guilt at this point. "Go ahead, Bonnie. The clock is ticking, I'll keep an eye on Elena." Klaus told her

Matt and Bonnie ran out of the gym, probably looking for a way to save Tyler and Elena at the same time. This Rebekah girl was insulting Elena, saying how Katherine was much prettier. I rolled my eyes as Klaus told his sister to take care of Tyler. I began to leave as well, maybe I could go help Bonnie and Matt save Tyler. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm gonna go help save my friend." I spat at him

"You don't want to keep Elena company?"

I looked at him and smirked. "Elena might be a defenseless human, but I'm not. You can't keep me here."

"What do you think your sister, Rachel, is doing right about now?" Klaus asked. "In her bedroom, at your mothers house, getting her things ready for the first day of school. Hm?"

"You bastard." I breathed out. Klaus could, in fact, keep me here. I don't know what he's doing but he's convinced me that my sisters life is in danger if I don't do as he says. Great. I took a seat on the bleachers as Elena comforted the two students still laying on the floor. I'm not sure what Klaus did to them, but apparently they weren't allowed to leave.

"Hey." Elena mumbled as she took a seat next to me

"Hey." I replied back, not bothering to look at her

"I'm sorry." she whispered. "I'm sorry, whatever I did to make you hate me so much, I'm sorry."

"I don't hate you." I said, it wasn't a lie either. Elena and I have been through too much for me to hate her. Just because we weren't friends didn't mean I hated her.

"Yes you do!" she yelled. "Just tell me why."

"Damon and I aren't together because of you. You lost Stefan so you had to go after his brother, who happened to be my boyfriend. It's okay though, really. I should of known I didn't mean much to Damon."

"Go after him? I didn't go-"

"Everyone can see it, Elena. No, you didn't directly go after him but everyone can see the way the two of you are with each other, the way you look at him."

"After you broke up with him, he was heartbroken!" she screamed. "What was I supposed to do? Tell him to just get over it? Not comfort him?"

"Ladies, ladies. Settle down." Klaus said as he walked over to us

"I only broke up with him because everything became about you and it was like I never even existed." I spat at her before turning on my heel, I ran right into Klaus' face. "Why are you keeping me here? It's clear that the two of us aren't even friends anymore. All she's done is cause everyone around her problems. I am not on the team save Elena bandwagon."

Klaus looked at me, as if he was debating whether not not to trust me. "I think you two need some time apart." he said. "Go sit over there."

I took a seat on the other side of the gym, as far from Elena as possible. Elena went back to comforting the two students and Klaus sat down next to me. "What?" I asked, giving him a glare

"It really is a shame." he started. "The damage one girl can do to two brothers, or in this case the damage one man can do to best friends."

"Why are you even speaking to me?" I spat back. "You just threatened me with my sisters life over something I don't want anything to do with. Now you wanna chit chat?"

"You're a feisty one."

I wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face. "You may think you're cute and charming because you have a stupid British accent, but you're not. You're actually pretty annoying. I'm running out of patience-"

"Hold that thought, love." Klaus said as Stefan walked through the door. After some convincing and compelling, Stefan fed on the two students from school, killing them. My eyes went wide, I've never seen him like this before.

"Please! Don't do this to him!" Elena screamed

"He seems to be enjoying himself." Klaus grinned

Rebekah ran through the gym doors and went straight for Elena. "Where is my necklace!? She has my necklace!"

"I don't have it!" Elena told her

"She's lying!" Rebekah screamed before attacking Elena's neck. Klaus pulled his sister off Elena and told her to back off.

"I'm telling the truth." Elena said as she held her neck. "Katherine took it."

"Oh. Katerina.." Klaus said, looking a bit frustrated. "Tell ya what, Bonnie has twenty minutes. If she doesn't find a spell to fix this then you feed again, Stefan. On Elena."

I looked over at Stefan, he had an evil look in his eyes and his mouth was dripping with blood. This isn't the same caring Stefan I know. This is a completely different person. Klaus and Rebekah left the gym, telling Stefan to kill Elena if she tries to run. But he didn't say anything about me.

I was about to just walk out of the gym and go, but that's when I looked at Elena. She was on the ground, holding her bleeding neck, looking up at Stefan. She looked terrified of him and scared for him all at once. Dammit.

"Here." I said, holding my bitten wrist to her mouth. She just looked at me. "It'll heal your wound. Here!" I said, dangling my wrist in front of her mouth. Elena nodded slightly and accepted it.

"Why are you being nice to me?" she asked

"Wouldn't want you to bleed out before Stefan gets a hold of you." I said

The clock ticked down and the three of us stood around in silence. Elena tried convincing Stefan not to kill him and to fight the urge. Stefan screamed at her, telling her this is who he is. "I'M A RIPPER, ELENA! ONCE I GET BLOOD, I WANT MORE! The worst part is, once I get yours, I'm not gonna be able to stop." Stefan yelled as the clock ticked down, three minutes left.

"Ripper Stefan is kind of hot." I said with a smirk. Sure, she might be about to die, but that wasn't stopping me from making snarky comments. Elena shot me a dirty look before turning her attention back to Stefan. Doesn't feel so good the other way around, huh?

"Why are you still here?" Elena asked. "Want to watch me die?"

"You're not gonna die today." I said, watching the clock tick down. Ten seconds left. "When that buzzer goes off, you're gonna run."

"But-"

"She's right, Elena!" Stefan yelled, keeping as much distance between himself and Elena as possible. "You have to do it."

"No." She said. "You're gonna fight this, you can do it, Stefan."

The buzzer went off and Elena stood her ground, why is she so stupid? Stefan fought back as much as he could. "He will kill you, Elena!" I reminded her. Stefan stayed back just a moment longer before charging us. I grabbed Elena, pulling her out of harms way.

"RUN!" Stefan screamed. I grabbed her and we took off running with him right behind us.

"Let's go!" I yelled. "Come on, faster!" I yelled, practically dragging her through the halls. Why was I doing this? I could've just let Stefan kill her and we'd be rid of Klaus and Tyler's life would be saved. I couldn't do that to Stefan, he's a good person. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he killed Elena. I slammed the door shut but it wasn't long before Stefan was charging toward us. We turned around and Klaus grabbed Elena.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." he grinned. "And you... you're helping Elena? I thought you hated her, she stole your boyfriend. Remember?"

"Savannah, no." Elena pleaded as she shook her head

"I care about Stefan's humanity." I blurted out. I wouldn't dare admit that deep down I still cared for Elena. I wouldn't admit that to nobody, not to Elena, not even to myself.

"Let's go, Lovelies." Klaus said

"I give up." I said. "Let me go, leave my sister alone."

"Or what?"

"I may be furious with her for various reasons and I may even be sick of trying to save her. But I will not watch you kill her." I said, getting right in his face, our noses inches apart. "I'm leaving now. Come near my sister and I promise you will regret it. Sure, you're a lot older than me but you don't want to test me when it comes to my family."

Klaus looked a me, a bit shocked. He seems maybe even a little impressed. "Fine."