Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Hoes over Bros...?

It's been about a week since the whole vampire drama and now it's more like vampire who? Elena's been dealing with some stuff but I've been staying out of it. As for now, I'm focusing on myself and getting back to the way things used to be. Damon has tried talking to me, but I've been avoiding him. Whatever he wants to tell me...I'd rather not know. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know anything about what he is.

Its lunchtime at school, I'm sitting at my usual spot with just Elena at the moment. I'm eating a fruit salad and looking through InStyle magazine.

"You look wrecked. Everything cool?" I ask

"So much has been going on lately"

"Care to vent?"

"Well Vicki attacked me at the Halloween party, Stefan killed her."

"Elena--Oh my god...are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm okay. I'm more worried about how Jeremy is taking it."

"He knows Stefan killed her? I heard she was missing then left town."

"No. Damon actually helped him. He also thinks she left town. Now all of a sudden he's doing good in school again, it's weird."

"Damon? I thought you were afraid of him."

"I know he won't kill me. Speaking of him, have you guys talked?"

"Whats there to talk about? Besides, weren't you the one who said stay away from him?"

"Doesn't mean he won't try talking to you. You know, the fact that he's a blood sucking vamp-"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"So you're just gonna deny it and go on like nothing happened?"

"Sounds like a solid idea to me."

"You're insane."

"Maybe. But Caroline is coming, so shh."

Since I'm not talking to Damon anymore, I've decided to repair my friendship with Caroline. She was horrible to me and I was even more horrible to her. We're both ready to move past Damon and go back to being friends again.

"Hey girls. She says as she sits down. "Where's Bonnie?"

"She's not here, wasn't feeling good today." Elena says

"That's too bad." She frowns. "Anyway, me and Savannah are going to the grill later, maybe a little shopping before. Wanna come?"

"Umm..I don't think so. Maybe next time"

After lunch is over, we finish out the rest of our day. I have about 2 hours before I'm supposed to meet Caroline. I first pick up Justin from school and drop him off at dads house. Then I head home.

"How do I get a guy to like me?" Rachel asks

"Cleavage" I laugh

"Seriously!"

"Be yourself, kid"

"Why do so many guys like you?"

"Can you point me in the direction of said guys?"

"You know its true!"

"Don't know. Attraction, that's always first....if anybody tells you any different, they're lying. Then once they see your personality and what you have to offer, that's what keeps them." I tell her. "I don't know why you want my advice, I'm single."

"You have experience."

"Who's the guy?"

"Not important."

"Rachel!"

"Fine. Matt."

"Matt Donovan?

"Yes."

"No! Matt is one of my oldest friends, too old for you, and my first boyfriend. No."

"But that Damon guy is older than you"

"I'm not fourteen, am I?"

"No."

"No. No Matt."

"Fine."

Its true, I dated Matt...a long time ago! He was my first boyfriend ever, my first love--when I was 13. It only lasted 6 months though. After I yell at my sister, I head upstairs to take a shower. I try to think of what to wear as I wash my hair, but I'm still having trouble figuring it out. After my shower, I dry off and put on a bra and panties.

"Shit, my clothes are in the laundry room." I say to myself

I towel dry my hair a bit more before going downstairs to get them. I don't worry about being half naked because my brother isn't home. As I look around...matter of fact, nobody's home. I see a note left on the counter from mom

Took Rachel to a friends house and went out with a few co-workers, be home late. - mom

Okay then. I continue my venture into the laundry room to grab my clothes. I load them into the basket and take it upstairs. I throw the basket on my bed and start searching through it.

"Savannah" I hear a deep voice and feel a hand on my shoulder

I scream and jump back about three feet, I look and it's him, Damon.

"Damon." I breathe. "Get out."

"You've been avoiding me. I thought we really liked each other." He comes closer to me

"Please, Damon..." A few tears roll down my face as he backs me into the wall

"You're afraid of me?"

I don't answer him. I just think. Is he gonna kill me now? Later? Will he at all? Damon stares at me while I stare at my feet, thinking of something else to say. His stare is broken by my cell ringing, but he gets to it before I even think to move. I am gonna die.

"Savannah's gonna have to call you back." Damon says into the phone before hanging it up

"Who was that?" I ask

"Caroline."

I search deep down for just enough courage to yell at him. "Thanks so much! We just started being friends again and then you answer my phone. She's gonna think there's something between us, she's never gonna talk to me."

"Isn't there something between us?"

"No." I get quiet. "Of course not. Now Damon, please-"

"You sure? Because last time I was in here, we were on that bed" He points to my bed and smirks

"What do you want from me?" I try ignoring what he said

"A chance to explain myself. To show you I'm the same person I've always been. The same chance you gave Stefan"

I think it over. I guess it's only fair, we did give Stefan a chance to explain himself, I should at least listen to what Damon has to say. Maybe then he'll leave me alone, unharmed as well.

"Fine." I let out a breath. "A chance to explain"

"I'm not going to hurt you Savannah"

"I don't know that"

"Three weeks ago, would you think I was capable of hurting you?"

"That was different. Now you're...I know you're the cause of all those animal attacks"

"I can't help that I need blood to survive" He laughs

"But Stefan-"

"No. I'm not eating bunnies"

That makes me laugh, I try to hide it but I can't. He's gonna hold it against me.

"You're smiling, good. But I would never hurt you, I mean that."

"Never?"

"Ever." He grins

"Or my family and friends?"

"Fine. Them too"

Once I feel a little more comfortable, I take a seat on my bed. Damon takes it upon himself to join me.

"Are we okay?" He asks, as if this is normal to me

"Damon. You're a vampire"

"I know and now you know too" He laughs

"Did you ever compel me?"

His face turns serious. "Never. I don't have to do that to you and I don't want to either"

"But you compelled and fed on Caroline!"

"That girl is an idiot! It was easy"

"Damon, she's my friend!"

"Then I promise not to do it again" He smiles

"You didn't like her, right? Not even a little?"

There I go again, being a horrible friend. I go from caring about Caroline's safety and what Damon done to her to worrying about if he really liked her...

"No Way." Damon grins. "The only one I like is you Savannah"

I smile even though I shouldn't. I'm supposed to be staying away from him. But here I am, getting all happy because he likes me and not my friend since 1st grade who he almost killed. Damon could be totally messing with me though, he could be saying all these things but still end up killing me.

"I know about Katherine." I tell him. "But I don't wanna talk about her"

"Damon gives me a nod

"Did you really leave town when I didn't see you?"

"No. Stefan thought it would be best for the town if I was locked up. He locked me in the basement for a few days, almost died."

"Wow. So...you've really been 21 since 1864?"

"Mhm. I like being the eternal stud" He lets out another grin

"You're so full of yourself" I laugh

"I fought in the Civil War too"

"No way!

"Yes way!" he mocks me

I hit his arm. "Good, I have a paper due on the civil war in a week and a half. You can help me."

"I think that requires me sticking around. So are we okay?"

That's right, he's still a vampire who kills people. He still might hurt me, but he said he wouldn't and I believe him. But I told Elena I'd stay away from him, and there goes my friendship with Caroline. I just keep disappointing my friends...and for what? A guy! I he really worth it?

"Do you promise?" I ask quietly

Damon lets out a grin. "Cross my heart, hope to die. Stick a-"

I end up covering his mouth and laughing, I can trust him.

"You do realize you don't have any clothes on right?" Damon says

I look down, he's right. I'm still in my bra and panties. "Oh great"

"Don't worry, nothing I haven't already seen"

"Shut up Damon!"

I hit him before pushing him back on my bed. I look for some clothes to put on, but its not so difficult anymore since I'm not going anywhere, thanks to Damon. I just pick out a pair of cotton shorts, a tank, and a hoodie.

"Plans?" He asks

"Not anymore." I say

"Then we can hang out"

"Fine. You're buying me something to eat, since you ruined my friendship with Caroline."

"Deal." I pull him off my bed and we head out the door.

"Apparently I'm worth it."

"You better be."