Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

The Death of Savannah Cunningham

I watched from afar as anger and guilt ripped through Damon. I could tell he was hurting on the inside, just as much as he was hurting on the outside. Tears were falling from his face, he was screaming, and throwing things all around. "This is my fault. I killed her!"

Stefan watched from the side as his brother and Elena were in tears. I could see he wanted to comfort Elena, but Klaus' compulsion was stronger and he resisted. "It's not your fault, Damon. It's mine. Savannah was right, I bring nothing but trouble to those around me and now she's dead because of it!" Elena said, possibly feeling even more guilty than Damon did.

I watched Elena as she cried and mourned my death. She's lost a lot of people in her life, but I think my 'death' has hit her the hardest. How did I feel? I felt nothing.

With my emotions completely shut off, I didn't feel a thing for Damon or Elena who were crying over my 'death'. Caroline, Matt, and Bonnie had arrived at the Salvatore house and were notified of the news. The three of them expressed the same emotions as Elena and Damon, they were distraught and angry. Still, I felt nothing. Not even for Caroline, who was angry and swore revenge on Klaus for what he did to me

"Look at them, love." Klaus' voice echoed in my ear as he crept up behind me, he placed his hand on my shoulder. "They're devastated, just like I said they'd be."

"What did you tell Damon?" I asked him, not looking away from the scene in front of me

"I told him he'd never see you again. That you begged me to end your misery because of what he and Elena put you through."

"Good." I replied. I might of even took some pleasure in seeing Damon like this. That may sound cold and ruthless, but that's how I was feeling. It was even a little comical.

I still wouldn't allow myself to feel anything for Caroline, Matt, or Bonnie. It was easier not to. I watched as Bonnie blamed the whole thing on Damon, stating she was right about him and my 'death' is all his fault. I never appreciated Bonnie when Damon and I were dating. I always thought she was out to get him for her own personal gain or her own anger towards him, but I was wrong. In all actuality, she really was just looking out for me. I'm really gonna miss her.

I could feel Klaus looking at me from behind, I still haven't turned around to face him. Unable to tear myself away from the scene in front of me. I knew he was waiting on my answer. Do I chose to live and leave with him or die? Either way, I was never going to see my friends ever again. There was a choice to be made. How much was my immortal life worth to me?

I finally turned to face him, he had a sneaky grin played on his face. Waiting in anticipation for my response. I could tell, he didn't really wanna kill me. If I chose to die, I could see him putting up a fight and refusing me, despite the deal we had made. Maybe a new life would do me some good, and I knew Klaus could change my life. The question was, would it be for the better or worse? I finally spoke, giving him my answer.

"Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
sequel...?