Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Friendship Over.

Saturday mornings at dad's are the best. Simply because its just him, his girlfriend Amy, and myself. No kids, even though I love my brother and sister. When I get up I pour myself some coffee and have a seat at the table.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that you sneaking in at 4 AM?" Amy asks

"No. That was my twin sister." I smile. "Please don't tell dad"

"Don't worry, I won't. So who's the guy?"

"Damon Salvatore"

"You're still seeing him?"

"Yeah, sorta. Things kinda got complicated, but we're okay. Kinda costing me a friendship though"

"With who?" Amy asks as she sets a plate of food in front of me

"Thanks. Caroline, she likes him. She's jealous. We got into this thing then we both swore off him and yeah..."

"And obviously you went back on that"

"I can't help that he likes me and not her"

"I know. Maybe she's just mad you beat her to it"

"Probably, that is so like Caroline"

"Its a shame though, you let a guy come between you. You've been friends foreverr"

"I know. She won't forgive me though"

"Is he worth it?"

"I hope. Let ya know if I get burnt"

After breakfast, I head upstairs for a fast shower. Then I look through my closet for some clothes to wear. I have two gigantic closets filled with clothes, one at moms house and one at dads house. I pick out a pink tube top with some blue jeans and heels. I put on a little bit of makeup and fix my hair, I look cute.

"Where ya goin kid?" Dad asks as I walk out of my room

"Well first I'm taking Cooper for a walk, then I'll be out most of the day" I say

"Going back to moms tonight?"

"Nah, I'll be here."

"Call if you're gonna be late"

"Okay dad"

Yes, I have a dog. My dad bought him for me about 8 months ago, his name is Cooper and he's a pitbull with a black coat, white stomach, paws, and face. I grab his chain leash and go to find him. "Cooper, Coop!" He runs over to me and stands still while I hook his leash on. I slip my cell in my pocket and I'm out the door.

The walk is pretty silent, gives me time to think. Think about what I'm gonna say to Caroline about all of this, I really don't want this to effect our friendship. I know shes not Elena but we have a lot in common and sometimes there are somethings I can't talk to Elena about and that's where she comes in.

"Hello, Savannah." I hear a voice behind me

"Damon" I smile. "What are you doing here?"

"You do realize you're right by my house right?"

I look down the street and he's right, there's his house. "Oh, right."

"Didn't know you had a dog."

"Yeah, he stays at my dads. Mom doesn't like him. His names Cooper"

"Cooper?" Damon questions

"Yeah, ya know that tv show...The OC?"

"Uhh...preppy California kids? Spare me."

"Haha. Well my favorite character, Summer, used to call her best friend by her last name, Cooper."

"You should of named him something cooler than Cooper. How's Killer?"

I just laugh at him as we continue to walk down the street.

"Where ya headed?" Damon asks

"Taking Coop home, then going to Caroline's"

"I thought she wasn't talking to you"

"She's not, but I'm gonna explain or at least try to"

"How do you explain that we're-"

"Damon, shut up. Elena still doesn't know."

"You sure?" He smirks

"Damon!"

"I'm kidding."

"Good, and this time don't tell Stefan who will tell Elena. I don't care how bad you wanna piss him off."

"Fine. But you better hurry up and tell Elena, I don't wanna slip." He laughs. "So, are the Cunningham's still pretty big in this town?"

"Yup. Richest in town actually, which is why my mom was so pissed about the divorced."

"Of course." Damon laughs, "Your dad on the founder's council?"

"Yeah, though I don't think they even do anything productive"

"You have Vervain?"

"What the hell is that?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

What a stupid question.

"Obviously."

"Right. Anyway, my family has been growing the stuff for generations. I gave some to the sheriff to give to the council and their loved ones."

"And this Vervain stuff is for...?"

"It repels vampires"

"And you of all people gave it to Sheriff Forbes to give to the founders council?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I get in good with them, they'll never suspect me and Stefan of being vampires."

"Right. Wait--that means they know."

"Yes, they know. Anyway, your fathers on the council, I assume he gave some to you. Its a herb, you can drink it, put it in jewelry, but you're not supposed to know about it."

"What exactly will it do to you?"

"If you're just wearing it, you can't be controlled by a vampire. If you drink it and you're bitten, it'll make the vampire very weak"

"What if I drink it without knowing? Does that mean we can't have sex anymore?"

"Oh no." He grins. "I just can't bite you"

"Good to know"

"Did your dad give you a gift recently?"

"Umm...I don't think. Oh! He bought me and my sister bracelet's, I haven't worn mine yet."

"Wear it."

"But you and Stefan are safe"

"But you never know when another might come into town. Wear it."

"Whatever you say, Damon."

The Cunningham's are one of the town's founding families, along with the Salvatore's, Gilbert's, Forbe's, and Lockwood's. I wonder if Damon knew my ancestors, I'm sure he did. But that's something I'll have to ask later, now I'm going to go meet Caroline at the grill. She didn't agree to meet me, Bonnie said they'd be there and invited me. I just hope Caroline didn't say why she was so pissed, I'm not exactly sure how Bonnie feels about Damon.

"What is she doing here?" Caroline says, pissed already

"I invited her." Bonnie says, "You guys are friends, whatever it is you can work it out."

"I'm not talking to her"

"Please, its just a talk. I'll leave you two alone."

Bonnie gets up and has a seat at the bar, I take her seat and start the conversation.

"Caroline. Are you gonna hate me forever?" I ask

"How could you do this to me?"

"I didn't do anything to you."

"Damon-"

"Look, about Damon. When you called the other day, he was at my house explaining some things to me, that's all. Nothing was going on, I didn't go behind your back. He just showed up!"

"And now?"

"He's not my boyfriend.."

"Then what is he? If you guys like each other so much, what are you to him?"

"Well, I'm not somebody he uses to get what he wants, that's for sure." I didn't mean to say that, but Caroline is just making me so mad. I'm trying to say sorry and here she is, being a bitch. "Why are you so jealous? Its not my fault he never liked you and he likes me."

"Me? Jealous? You have got to be kidding me! If you want Damon, you can have him"

"If you weren't jealous then you wouldn't care about me seeing him. You've always been jealous, of me, Elena, and anybody else who has what you don't. You're jealous because I have Damon and you don't"

"You just said he wasn't your boyfriend."

"He's not, but I still have him."

"Well, I'm not gonna sit here and listen to this-" She's about to get up

"No, you stay, I'll go. I'm not gonna stay away from him just because you like him; Damon never liked you and never will, get over it."

"You're choosing Damon over me?"

"You made me."

"Well you can consider us no longer friends."

"Don't worry, I already have."

I get up and walk out of The Grill. That talk didn't go as planned, but Caroline just got me so mad, I kinda blew up. I know I hurt her feelings but sometimes she needs to hear the truth. She wasn't gonna forgive me anyway so I don't even know why I bothered. Next, I stop over Elena's, I better tell her now before Caroline complains to her about it. I ring the door bell and wait for an answer.

"Hey Jenna, is Elena home?"

"Yeah." Elena's aunt says, "She's upstairs. I think shes a little upset about the breakup still, she could use a friend"

"Okay, thanks."

Jenna invites me inside and I go up to Elena's room. I knock on the door and then enter. I see Elena dressed in sweats and laying in bed.

"Elena, get out of bed." I say

"No. I'm fine."

"Its a beautiful day outside, and its 11am."

"Savannah, I can see the beautiful day from in here."

"Its so not the same" I pull the covers off of her. "I have to talk to you, so at least sit up."

"Okay, okay."

Elena sits up and pays full attention, here it goes.

"Tell me we'll be best friends forever"

"We'll be best friends forever. Oh god, what did you do?"

"I'm talking to Damon again."

"And by talking you mean...you're having sex with Damon again"

"Elena!" I hit her with a pillow. "He came over two nights ago, scared the crap out of me but explained things. He promised not to hurt me and I trust him. He said he wouldn't hurt my family or friends neither."

"I know he won't kill you, but are you sure you can trust him?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I reassure her. "And its not just sex, the vamp sex is just a gigantic added bonus. Me and Damon understand each other, we have fun together and he's really sweet and funny. I'm happy when I'm with him and you know I haven't felt that since Tyler. Damon's just...misunderstood."

"I know."

"You hate me?"

"Of course not. We can't help who we like. What about Caroline?"

"I don't care about her, we're no longer friends because shes jealous"

"Saw that coming." She says. "Vamp sex?"

"Wait...you and Stefan never-"

"Nope."

"Oh my god. Its like...I can't even describe it, but its amazing. Like nothing you ever felt before!"

"Wow." Elena's eyes widen, then all of a sudden we have a little laugh. There's a knock on the door and then it opens, its Bonnie.

"Hey, just coming to see how you are." She says, coming over to sit with us. "I know I've been M.I.A for a while."

"I hope you had a good reason." I say

"I do. Which is why I'm glad you're both here, so you both know."

"What is it?" Elena asks

"Wait. You first. How have you been?"

"Eh, I've been better."

"And you Savannah?"

"Its been a crazy few weeks, but I'm good."

"Caroline told me about you and Damon."

"Of course."

"Uhh, I'm not gonna say anything because friends don't judge"

"You basically said it all." The three of us laugh, but I know me and Elena wanna know what Bonnie's really been up to lately.

"Okay, I wanna show you guys something, are you ready?" Bonnie asks

"Yes." We both reply

She grabs Elena's pillow and starts ripping the feathers out of it, leaving us both confused. "Trust me." She says. She then sits on the bed in front of the feathers, concentrating on the feathers and moving her hands over them. Me and Elena look at each other and then back at Bonnie, what is she doing? Then...all of a sudden, the feathers start floating lightly. Whoa! She's not even touching them! The feathers then drop, leaving the two of us stunned.

"How did you-" I begin to ask, but I stop. Then the feathers go up and start floating on their own, out of nowhere. Me and Elena are so amazed, we stand up and examine them closely.

"Oh my god." Elena says

"Its true guys, every things Grams said, its all true." Bonnie tells us. We both look at her and she smiles. "I'm a witch."

"I believe you." Elena says

"Me too." I smile