Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Where Are We Going?

One of my best friends is a witch, an actual witch. My not-boyfriend is a vampire, are there werewolves too? A year ago I wouldn't of believed any of this, but I guess this is Mystic Falls for you. Shit, I'm late. Its a new week of school and I'm already late, dammit. I rush out of bed and hop into the shower for about 7 minutes. My sister and brother already left, I'm really late. I quickly get an outfit for school and get dressed, I do my hair quickly but still manage to get it perfect then I put on some makeup. I quickly grab something to eat then I'm out the door.

Where's my car? At my dads. That's right, I was with Damon yesterday and he dropped me off here. I'm now carless. I grab my cell out of my purse and call Damon, it rings twice. "Please pick up."

"Well, good morning Savannah" Damon finally answers

"Oh thank god!"

"You're welcome," I can hear the cockiness this early in the morning, "Whats up?"

"I need you."

"I know, you're just too obvious"

"Damon! I need a ride to school. Come get me, please?"

"Okay. 5 minutes or its free"

Before I can react he hangs up, I just laugh as I slip my phone back in my purse. I stand outside my house waiting for him. It doesn't take long and I soon see his Ferarri pull up to the curb. Damon opens the door from the inside and I get in.

"Thank you." I say

"You owe me."

"Can't wait to repay you"

Damon pulls away and starts driving to school, I honestly don't wanna go but then again who does? I'd rather spend the day with Damon, but I'm in high school and if I wanna leave Mystic Falls for college then I have to go. We soon get to the school parking lot, Damon turns to say goodbye.

"I have a meeting with Sheriff Forbes, fun stuff." Damon says

"Are you any closer to catching the vampire?" I whisper

"Nope." He laughs, "Doubt we ever will."

"How long should you be?"

"Hopefully not long, this nice act is hard. Why?"

"I might need you again, around noon."

"What are you doing for me?"

"Bye Damon." I smile

Before getting out, Damon leans over to kiss me, but not before taking off his sunglasses. I don't want it to stop but I know the gym teacher over with her class will say something and give me hell for coming in late. I push Damon away a bit.

"I have to go."

"Oh fine. See ya later."

I grab Damon's sunglasses from the top of his head and put them on before leaving.

"My sunglasses" He holds his hand out, expecting to get them back

"You'll get them back later. Besides, they look great on me."

"Can't argue with that."

I give Damon one more kiss before getting out of his car. I walk across the field to go into school. I see Caroline, I almost forgot she was in this class, I throw a smirk her way before going inside. I just realized I wasted 10 minutes in Damon's car, well...I wouldn't say wasted. But, it is now the start of third period. I rush to the main office to grab a late slip, go to my locker, and then finally make it to English class. I have this period with Stefan, Elena, and oh yeah...Caroline.

"Ms. Cunningham, so nice of you to join us. Two hours late to school." Ms. Becker scolds me

"Other affairs, you know how it is." I say as I hand her my slip and start walking to my seat.

"Sunglasses."

I take them off and put them on top of my head. I sit in my usual assigned seat, too bad its right next to Caroline. Elena and Stefan sit in front of us. Ms. Becker explains what we're doing for the day, splitting up into groups--that she already assigned! We're watching Hamlet, which is backwards because we usually read the books before watching the movies, but whatever. This will take almost all week because the movie is four hours long, yawn.

"I'm splitting you into groups of four, you can talk amongst yourselves as long as you're discussing the movie. For homework, I want just a page on what you thought and how your opinion of the movie differs from the people in your group, you can do that in class." Ms. Becker explains

This means I have to actually pay attention, at least partially anyway. We get into our groups, its me, Elena, Stefan and Caroline...since we're all such 'great friends'. I take a seat next to Elena, she doesn't wanna sit next to Stefan and I damn sure don't wanna sit next to Caroline. The movie starts and the lights go out.

"We missed you in History this morning." Elena says

"I know. I'm sure I didn't miss anything."

"Considering you barely pay attention, yeah." She laughs

"I'm not a morning person."

We watch the movie, but its not very interesting. I'm seriously forcing my eyes to stay open and on the tv. I grab my phone and text Elena.

-I wish we could tell Bonnie.

Her phone Buzzes and she discretely grabs it.

-Tell her what?

-You know...Vamps.

-I know, i felt so bad when she said she wouldn't keep stuff from us. but we can't.

-I know.

After English class is over, I head to fourth period...cooking. I grab an apron as more girls start arriving, I put it on and put my hair back. I then put my stuff where our personal belongings go and go into the kitchen area. We're set up into four groups of five or four girls. Bonnie walks in and does the same routine I did. After we wash our hands, the bell rings. We're three girls short.

"Are you serious?" Bonnie says out loud to nothing

"You're lucky, I just got here last period."

"Good! I wasn't gonna be the only one working today."

"Can't you do some witchy voodoo to turn all their hair green for not showing?" I joke

Bonnie laughs and gives me a light hit. We're giving the recipe for the day, cupcakes, yummy! This is the easiest class ever and its fun.

"Will you be in Psych later?" Bonnie asks as we start

"No, I'm leaving after this."

"With Damon?"

"Oh you're good. Yes." I smile

"He kinda scares me."

"Oh god, not another Elena. But he's hot right?"

"He's gorgeous, almost too gorgeous. But still...scares me."

"He's so not scary." I laugh

After cooking class is over, me and Bonnie begin walking to lunch. We made the best cupcakes today and we still have some left over, we decide to give them to our friends. When we go outside, I put my sunglasses back on, its bright out. We go to our usual table where Stefan and Elena are already sitting, Caroline is here also. Do we have to have the same friends? I'm sure she can go make friends with the football team, they'd love that.

"We brought you guys cupcakes!" I say happily, giving one to Stefan and then to Elena

"These are my favorite yet." Bonnie says as she gives Caroline hers

"Thanks guys" Elena says

I take a seat next to Elena, and rest my head against her, "I've had a long day."

"Yes, because two hours of school is hard on a young girl." She laughs, "Cute sunglasses by the way"

"Thanks." I thank Elena but look at Caroline. "They're Damon's"

Caroline shoots me a glare then I just ignore her, mostly keeping conversation with Elena and Edward...err, I mean Stefan, hehe.

"Hello brother." I hear Damon behind me, I let out a small smile. "Elena, Elena's friends." Damon wraps both his arms around me as he stands behind me, I put my hands on his arms.

"This is a school Damon, you can't just walk up any time you please" Stefan says

Damon sarcastically looks around, which makes me look around. "Well, nobody stopped me. Relax Stefan, I was just leaving."

I get up up from my seat; "Where are you going?" Elena asks

"I told you I had a long day"

"You were here two periods, why bother?" She laughs

"Socialize" I laugh as Damon grabs my hand. "See ya."

"Bye Damon!" Caroline weakly smiles

Damon just looks at her like she has two heads then turns his attention to Stefan, "You have yourself a good afternoon, little brother."

Then we turn around and start walking to his car, Damon wraps his arm around me and pulls me close. I look back at Caroline, she has the pissed off look going for her.

"I love being in the middle of your little fight. Nothing turns me on more than women fighting over me." Damon says with one of his grins

"I'm not fighting over you"

"And I'm human."

When we get to my house we go straight up to my room, "I won't be long.". I'm changing my clothes since I kinda threw anything on this morning. Damon lays across my bed and starts looking at my laptop as I strip off my clothes.

"Taylor Swift? Why does every girl listen to Taylor Swift?" Damon questions. He must be going through my music

"Because we can relate to her." I yell from my closet. As I get dressed, I listen to him talk out loud to himself

"Oh god, not Lady GaGa. What the hell is a Ke$ha? The Beatles? Nice, and Avenged Sevenfold?. Lil Wayne, oh god.."

I return from my closet, fully dressed and I pull Damon up from my bed. "Okay, come on." I say, handing him back his sunglasses and grabbing a pair of my own.

"You listen to the Beatles?" Damon asks

"they're classic."

"And you like rock music?"

"Surprised?"

"Oh just a little."

"Damon, where the hell are we going?" We've been driving for at least 20 minutes and we're no longer in Mystic Falls.

"You'll see"

"Tell me."

"I can tell you we're no longer in Mystic Falls, thank god. I hate small towns"

"Me too, they bore me."

"My thoughts exactly."

"You changed the subject, Damon."

"You caught that." He smirks as he glances at me

"Where are we going?"

"Atlanta" Damon says with so much enthusiasm

"Atlanta?!"