Sequel: Roughly Six Feet Tall
Status: updates as often as possible.

You Can't Tell Me to Heal

John

I never would have noticed the person in the hallway without that piercing scream. On the floor not too far from me was this pretty brunette girl on her knees, her face twisted in pain. One of the doctors ran out and helped her into a sitting position on the ground. "Avery, look at me. The pain will subside. You'll be fine," he told her, massaging her right knee. That was when I noticed the odd, faint grey markings on her knees in the same exact places. They must be scars. "How did you fall, Avery?" the doctor asked when she'd calmed down.

"I wasn't looking where I was walking and bumped into her a little too hard, I guess," I admitted, and he looked up at me, rolling his eyes. "Sorry, Dr.Resnick."

Avery was still panting, but she'd opened her eyes now. I was caught off guard by her lovely eyes, even though she was still grimacing in pain. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, John," Dr. Resnick pointed out.

I nodded sheepishly and opened my mouth to apologize, but Avery was already getting back onto her feet, groping onto the wall for support even though the doctor was still trying to help. "I'm gonna go get on the stationary bike," she told Dr. Resnick.

I quickly stepped forward to wrap one of my arms around her waist when she started walking because it looked like she was about to fall again. "I'm really sorry I made you fall, Avery," I apologized. "Are you alright?" I was still uncomfortable with the glare she was giving me, no matter how pretty her eyes were.

She just scoffed and looked away. "You can let go now."

"John, could you please escort Avery to the workout room?" Dr. Resnick asked. Our eyes widened and we stared at each other. There was nothing but hatred in Avery's eyes once the shock faded away. This girl had some problems. "I'll be right there, Avery," Dr. Resnick promised before disappearing into his office again.

The minute Dr. Resnick closed his door, Avery shoved me away with surprising strength for a girl her size. "Bitch," I chuckled, but I was really irritated with Avery at this point.
I helped her up. I apologized for making her fall. What did I do to deserve this?

Avery straightened to her full height. She couldn't be more than 5'6', tops. "Whatever."

Despite her attitude, I still wanted to help her. She needed it, and I didn't want to piss off Dr. Resnick. I took her hand and pulled her arm over my shoulders, wrapping my arm around her waist. "I'd carry you, but I don't think you'd let me, and it's not like I can since my wrist is broken," I said quickly when she glared at me again. "I'm only doing this because Dr. Resnick asked me to, whether you like it or not," I said firmly.

Avery's face instantly softened. She nodded and let me help her out after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have 8 chapters of this hand written out.
it always become shorter when i type it! D:
but writing makes it feel more personal to me.
and...in other news, i still have no idea how to work this mibba.
sigh.